TheHellmare

Seperate First and Third Person Mode

Question

Will Identity’s first person mode be simply a different camera view attached to the character or will it be an entire new way of viewing things seperate from third person mode (better flowing animations and etc) such as Bethesda game titles or Grand Theft Auto V

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

Will Identity’s first person mode be simply a different camera view attached to the character or will it be an entire new way of viewing things seperate from third person mode (better flowing animations and etc) such as Bethesda game titles or Grand Theft Auto V

If you go to the "Housing customisation" video you can see the first person mode and a glimpse of third person!

4 hours ago, TheHellmare said:

If possible I would like to see first person only private servers.

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

If you go to the "Housing customisation" video you can see the first person mode and a glimpse of third person!

While you can get a glimpse of it, I was more asking in the sense of 'will first person be tradition first person or just an alternate camera angle.' If you look at games like Fallout or Grand Theft Auto 5 they have unique animations for everything when using items like guns in first person. Sprinting feels fluid and smooth and appealing. However, games like ARMA 3 just adjust the camera angle for 'first person mode.' Sprinting with a gun thus looks really wobbly and shaky. 

Example of 'Traditional FPS' which is entirely separate from Third Person Perspective:

Edited by TheHellmare
additional Info

I highly doubt they would make Identity as immersive as they are planning, and then ruin important aspects of that immersion like not having things things look proper depending on if you use 1st or 3rd person perspectives. There will be 1st and 3rd person perspective, I'm sure they will do the animations for each perspective. Car physics are supposed to be releated to that of gta IV if I'm not mistaken. Surely they will want 1st person or 3rd person driving to be as immersive as possible. So figure traditional 1st & 3rd person views with the proper animations respectively.

23 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I highly doubt they would make Identity as immersive as they are planning, and then ruin important aspects of that immersion like not having things things look proper depending on if you use 1st or 3rd person perspectives. There will be 1st and 3rd person perspective, I'm sure they will do the animations for each perspective. Car physics are supposed to be releated to that of gta IV if I'm not mistaken. Surely they will want 1st person or 3rd person driving to be as immersive as possible. So figure traditional 1st & 3rd person views with the proper animations respectively.

If you take a look at the homepage background video, you can see that guns physics look a lot more realistic than GTA's

11 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

If you take a look at the homepage background video, you can see that guns physics look a lot more realistic than GTA's

I'm pretty sure they stated that the car physics would be close to gta IV type physics.  A lot also all depends on what resolution how you things look. 1080p or 2160p. GTA V @2160p looks amazing the guns look and and act pretty damn good. Also I didn't say anything about guns. I was talking about car physics and that I was sure they would not have a game that's supposed to be exetremely immersive and then ruin that experience with crappy animations that don't fit where they are used. That's also the reason that they won't be having "weight" in character models, atleast not until after release if they do. Then they would have to make seperate animations for everything for each weight class they do. So when you wear clothes and your heavy they fit like they would a heavier person.  Then they would have to make clothing sizes and make sure it looked right if a thin person wore bigger size clothes. It's actually alot of work to add those seemingly simple assets. 

6 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I'm pretty sure they stated that the car physics would be close to gta IV type physics.  A lot also all depends on what resolution how you things look. 1080p or 2160p. GTA V @2160p looks amazing the guns look and and act pretty damn good. Also I didn't say anything about guns. I was talking about car physics and that I was sure they would not have a game that's supposed to be exetremely immersive and then ruin that experience with crappy animations that don't fit where they are used. That's also the reason that they won't be having "weight" in character models, atleast not until after release if they do. Then they would have to make seperate animations for everything for each weight class they do. So when you wear clothes and your heavy they fit like they would a heavier person.  Then they would have to make clothing sizes and make sure it looked right if a thin person wore bigger size clothes. It's actually alot of work to add those seemingly simple assets. 

Oh yeah my bad, the gun point (no pun intended) was meant to be about the first person view :)

Oh wow lookey here, no hate, aggression, or virulence. Dude why is it, when I get on here this morning, You got something to say to everything I replied to yesterday.  Try to tell me that I was wrong that the physics are better than GTA, it really seems like your hunting around for anything I say and trying to prove me wrong. It's starting to piss me off. I'm not boosting my posts by answering the same questions over and over.

Copy and paste answers to different posts, like lots of newcomers seem to be doing. Find someone else and analyze their posts...I get aggressive when i'm attacked. You can't be like all cool on a few posts then telling me I'm ALWAYS HATEFUL AND AGRESSIVE AND VIRULENT on others you don't like. 

5 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Oh wow lookey here, no hate, aggression, or virulence. Dude why is it, when I get on here this morning, You got something to say to everything I replied to yesterday.  Try to tell me that I was wrong that the physics are better than GTA, it really seems like your hunting around for anything I say and trying to prove me wrong. It's starting to piss me off. I'm not boosting my posts by answering the same questions over and over.

Copy and paste answers to different posts, like lots of newcomers seem to be doing. Find someone else and analyze their posts...I get aggressive when i'm attacked. You can't be like all cool on a few posts then telling me I'm ALWAYS HATEFUL AND AGRESSIVE AND VIRULENT on others you don't like. 

Well just be you, I'm not one to tell you how to behave :)