WarrenMG

Will it be possible to have official French servers

Hello I wondered if there will be a French servers on the game.
This will allow the French community of the games to play what is rather important.
Thank you very much ;)

5 minutes ago, WarrenMG said:

Hello I wondered if there will be a French servers on the game.
This will allow the French community of the games to play what is rather important.
Thank you very much ;)

Hey there, I believe that all "Official servers" will be in English but there will be private community servers which will be language based and so you will be able to find a French community server or other language servers.

• Like 1

I like how you just mention the French while pretty much 1/3rd of the world would need this for proper immersion. There are more countries out there you know :)

I do agree though. This needs localization. However, I am pretty sure that at least unofficial servers will be out there to make this happen.

1 hour ago, misterff1 said:

I like how you just mention the French while pretty much 1/3rd of the world would need this for proper immersion. There are more countries out there you know :)

I do agree though. This needs localization. However, I am pretty sure that at least unofficial servers will be out there to make this happen.

He likely is French and so that is why he only mentions for them. However there will be translation to other languages at full release and not before. There also will likely be private servers in different languages but not official servers.

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

He likely is French and so that is why he only mentions for them. However there will be translation to other languages at full release and not before. There also will likely be private servers in different languages but not official servers.

I know he's likely French, but it's just a weird thing to ask these things for your language only imo. I am Dutch and I think localization options should be in place too, yet I don't ask for Dutch servers cuz we Dutch people need them. I'd rather ask for évery country that needs it, because I fully realise that the Netherlands is not the only important place in the world. 

Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, misterff1 said:

I know he's likely French, but it's just a weird thing to ask these things for your language only imo. I am Dutch and I think localization options should be in place too, yet I don't ask for Dutch servers cuz we Dutch people need them. I'd rather ask for évery country that needs it, because I fully realise that the Netherlands is not the only important place in the world. 

Just my opinion though.

I get your point, but every language won't be represented. I think it's logical to ask for French or Dutch servers specifically more than asking for Nicaraguan servers or such since those aren't "top priority" when it comes to localizations, no offense intended :)

EDIT: That being said, I wouldn't ask for French servers, even though I'm French myself, because French community is one of the WORST in the whole world =.=

Edited by Rinyuaru-Kun
  • Like 2

Hi, thanks for your response. I thought something since then, and if in a city from the map the French community gathered and in another city the German community. His might be cool that will create a mix of great culture as in the life of every day you don't always come across some people that speak the same language. This is it, thank you very much. ;)

9 minutes ago, WarrenMG said:

Hi, thanks for your response. I thought something since then, and if in a city from the map the French community gathered and in another city the German community. His might be cool that will create a mix of great culture as in the life of every day you don't always come across some people that speak the same language. This is it, thank you very much. ;)

Well the servers will be in English (Official servers), but people will likely speak / RP in their own language if in a group of friends.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 6:07 PM, misterff1 said:

Just my opinion though.

Well I'm also Dutch and I got to say most people in The Netherlands know English very well, In my opinion we dont need any official Dutch servers.

I would prefer only official English servers before all the official English servers are empty and people are only playing like on a official French server.

I may of understood you wrong, if so I'm sorry.

4 hours ago, MitchellTheKiller said:

Well I'm also Dutch and I got to say most people in The Netherlands know English very well, In my opinion we dont need any official Dutch servers.

I would prefer only official English servers before all the official English servers are empty and people are only playing like on a official French server.

I may of understood you wrong, if so I'm sorry.

It was more of a point I tried to make rather than an outcry for dutch servers. I would not play on one either to be honest. I think that in games like these, localization should be in place for countries who are not as fond of the English language as we are though. Preferably as little as possible to ensure that everyone accross the globe connects with eachother, but sadly there are plenty of countries who would lose immersion by leaving it out