NskDen

DevBlog #010

Okay, let's all calm down for a sec people. Personally, I understand both sides of the argument here. I bought the 30 dollar package today and I truly hope that this game will come out and be great. However, the point can indeed be made that there is no proof of an actual game. Yes, we have concept art. Yes, we have a video showing a guy tweaking a couple of rooms. What else do we have though? You see, the developers can tell you véry in-depth what is and isnt in the game. They claim, for example, that they have the map and it is very detailed. But if they want more people to pledge, why do they not just show actual ingame renders that go further than moving two feet and looking around? 

Are they obliged to do this? Technically, no. But they really should, because people only buy this based on what they can offer at this point. The difference with games like RDR2 as mentioned above is that such games can only be preordered late in development when there is plenty of gameplay footage out there already proving its existence. This game does not have that no matter how you look at it.

Now before I get hate for this, keep in mind I myself bought the founders package today and I have no regrets in doing so. The idea is awesome and I do have hope this thing exists. I don't care if it would take another five years as long as it will become reality. 

The only stupid thing one can do at this point is deny the fact that this still COULD be a very elaborate scam. I don't think it is, but it COULD be. Now, instead of keeping this argument going, let's just hope this project comes out soon and continue doing things that actually matter in life. 

2 hours ago, misterff1 said:

Okay, let's all calm down for a sec people. Personally, I understand both sides of the argument here. I bought the 30 dollar package today and I truly hope that this game will come out and be great. However, the point can indeed be made that there is no proof of an actual game. Yes, we have concept art. Yes, we have a video showing a guy tweaking a couple of rooms. What else do we have though? You see, the developers can tell you véry in-depth what is and isnt in the game. They claim, for example, that they have the map and it is very detailed. But if they want more people to pledge, why do they not just show actual ingame renders that go further than moving two feet and looking around? 

Are they obliged to do this? Technically, no. But they really should, because people only buy this based on what they can offer at this point. The difference with games like RDR2 as mentioned above is that such games can only be preordered late in development when there is plenty of gameplay footage out there already proving its existence. This game does not have that no matter how you look at it.

Now before I get hate for this, keep in mind I myself bought the founders package today and I have no regrets in doing so. The idea is awesome and I do have hope this thing exists. I don't care if it would take another five years as long as it will become reality. 

The only stupid thing one can do at this point is deny the fact that this still COULD be a very elaborate scam. I don't think it is, but it COULD be. Now, instead of keeping this argument going, let's just hope this project comes out soon and continue doing things that actually matter in life. 

Do you know what a social module is?  It is basically a room where you sit and chat to people and sometimes customize the room you chat in that is it. So what kind of gameplay would they show that is any different? I am not sure what you and some of the other people are excepting in the first launch but, I think you're way off on what a social module would be.   Want a example of a social module then take a look at imvu, vside, Meez just three game examples of what there is to expect with the town square module.(Which is the social module if you didn't know.)  

Edited by Xzothi

9 hours ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

Alright Kyle here's the thing, show me where we've been wrong so far, cause SO FAR, this team has nothing to show except $800k of your your money and a flash new office... Aye?

What you claim to see them doing is "developing"

What I see them doing is spending money.

"Well its on a new team and the space to house them." Except you've already claimed to have expanded and sure you can be expanding more but then I have to ask what are all of these new employees working on? Cause we haven't seen anything.

Any logical management team would look at the track record and say "Jeez guys you know what? We haven't delivered on a single promise in over 2 years.." "MAYBE we shouldn't post hype about our new plush office and get previously promised content out.."

But yeah sure, they're working on it, no matter what side of the fence you're on you guys know this is bunk, you just really hope it isn't so.

You gotta look at the facts and the facts are: Still no content, big new office.

And Johnny's point of view there was so immaturely presented I don't know how to react.

And knock it off with the small team excuse cause the guys over at Black Matter have a shockingly small team who still put out proof that their back end and front is operational and working. Never Mind Battle State Games who are roughly 30 plus now who put out a full Alpha build with as little as 15 guys then in the same year pushed an updated engine and forwarded the game into beta. So nice try.

You obviously haven't been watching the dev streams, have you? We do have some updates, and as for the promises, I don't see where they ever made any. Their schedule was very approximate, and even though they missed their **hoped** date of releasing (notice how I didn't say "promised" or even "expected") the first module 2017Q1, they still are fully into it, even though they bought a fancy new office. And, this aside, I don't set how they could be distracted that badly by the Switch... For BOTW, one dev would be off at a time, and otherwise, what would they play? 1, 2, Switch?

On a more serious note, I have a strong belief that the team will meet our expectations, even though it might be a little later that we'd all like it to be. Add about how we "hope" this isn't bunk, I believe you are completely off. This forums are quite active, and there almost isn't a question that doesn't have a constructed answer. The fact that moderators can ask the dev team and respond so quickly and precisely is a good indication of how implicated they are. Also, as I said earlier, we do get some screenshots from the development, along with development streams.

I'm quite saddened by all those negative points of view about something that you don't see. Firstly, just because you don't see something doesn't mean that it doesn't exist, and secondly, you obviously didn't put any effort into choosing your side. Pretending this is a pack of lies is far easier than believing it isn't, and you didn't even make the effort to make your point interesting to debate with in the first place. Yeah, they got a fancy office, and what then? If you saw Google's office without knowing where it is from, you'd just be doubtful because of all the ball pools, slides and things, and that's normal. So please, before starting to talk to people like you hold the absolute truth and like we should all abide by your point of view and abandon ours just based on a few office pictures, put some effort into your opinion, try to look for the most plausible option, and then defend it based on real facts, instead of just taking the easy way out and writing down a point with just an overall look of the last dev update and no background.

Now, please, try to make your answer a little more constructive than your last posts, before saying ours make you "lol".

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xzothi said:

Do you know what a social module is?  It is basically a room where you sit and chat to people and sometimes customize the room you chat in that is it. So what kind of gameplay would they show that is any different? I am not sure what you and some of the other people are excepting in the first launch but, I think you're way off on what a social module would be.   Want a example of a social module then take a look at imvu, vside, Meez just three game examples of what there is to expect with the town square module.(Which is the social module if you didn't know.)  

Oh I am well aware of what this first module will be like. I know it is just the social hub. Thing is, throughout all the materials out there you can gather that they do have the map of the full release to a certain extent. Thát is the kind of content I mean they should share actual footage of

My expectations for first release really are not high and of course they shouldn't be. As mentioned above, this is a small team with a highly ambitious task on their hands

13 hours ago, misterff1 said:

Oh I am well aware of what this first module will be like. I know it is just the social hub. Thing is, throughout all the materials out there you can gather that they do have the map of the full release to a certain extent. Thát is the kind of content I mean they should share actual footage of

My expectations for first release really are not high and of course they shouldn't be. As mentioned above, this is a small team with a highly ambitious task on their hands

Yet if you even take this they are basically to busy trying to get the first module out. From what I gathered they do not have much more to show. Otherwise they are just talking which is mainly what people are complaining about here.  You are even asking for them to show something else. The thing is that something else has to be done and developed. If it is just in idea faze or concept faze all you will see is pictures of stuff they have already shown.  Unless it is even before concept and just in a typed out faze before concept even gets in the picture. 

So for me I see it is to early for a lot of show and tell. 

There is a major difference in what you believe "they should do" and what they believe they need to do...The whole point in getting in on early development is to support an idea that you like...they made no promises...they did make a deadline for themselves and after they missed it they decided not to make that same mistake again. The whining was really bad for a lil while when the modules were delayed and it's starting to pick up again. If you don't have faith then take your money and get to steppin we don't need the negativity. If you do have faith then wait and see what happens and hope your investment helps Identity come to life. I really don't get it...are you sure you guys want this game to be real? I know I would love to hear more information...If I were doing things I would do them differently...but I'm not, am I. If it were up to you guys they should what, be using the worst PC's, working on the floor and cramped into a garage...showing you shit everytime u demand...and heaven forbid anything goes wrong...cause they are after all ...human...and I don't know what planet you live on...But bad shit happens to good ideas all the time

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

The whole point of a scam is to put as lil as possible into screwing other people...Not actually doing the things required to actually make something, and then have it fail on you...Let me ask a question...Let's say you guys on here crying, actually decided to motivate yourselves to become something more than people bitching cause they pledged and things aren't moving fast enough. Let's say you decided to go all in take a risk to make your dream come true. So you get some good people together to get things started. You go through this that and the other to get thru kickstarter. Now you got some funding...now the real work begins...So for the foreseeable future your going to be putting in massive amounts of work and getting minimal pay if you want your project to succeed. Of course you could be like the games of the past that failed because you pay yourself more than you can afford to assuming the game will succeed, since you made it this far...But let's say you continue to live off of minimla wage because YOU, more than ANYONE...wanna make your dream a reality.

Now imagine after all you go thru, these KIDS that obviously don't understand the concept of business, that pledge a minimal amount. Start drawing all kinds of negative attention becasue after all you put in...Why should you see things come together the way you want...You only put in everything! These people who have basically nothing invested, but enough to pretend they wanna "help", somehow think they have a right to complain about how you are going about trying to make your dream come true...And how dare you not listen to the expert opinion of someone who isn't doing it themselves but trying to tell you how to do things right...Cause they have so much experience with their minimal investment. Pledging anything doesn't give you the right to tear them down because you think things aren't moving fast enough for your liking. So to recap...After you pour your blood sweat and tears into a project to claw your way into making your dreams finally come true. Are you gonna put alot of stock in people who "pledge" then complain...like they have anything invested into this as you do...Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. If more people really felt empathy, and not just sympathy as your crap on someone's dream... this might not be such a horrible world. But it seems easier to pretend to yourself you "know" what they are going thru and somehow you could do it better, and they must be doin something wrong.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

Wowowow calm down dude. Did you not read what I said? I did pledge and I dó have faith in the project. I merely stated a fact to show why the other side of the argument objectively has a point. It seems to be you who is over negative, except not at the game but at others. If this message was even remotely meant for me, I urge you to read what I said again before you go on another rant

On 10/5/2017 at 11:08 PM, misterff1 said:

Wowowow calm down dude. Did you not read what I said? I did pledge and I dó have faith in the project. I merely stated a fact to show why the other side of the argument objectively has a point. It seems to be you who is over negative, except not at the game but at others. If this message was even remotely meant for me, I urge you to read what I said again before you go on another rant

Wow...if you aren't part of the problem then your a part of the solution and I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU. lol you need to calm down and comprehend...don't assume please...I am just sick of all these people that have thrown down bare minimum (15-30) whining when there are so many more people needed, and it deters ppl from having faith in this game...If you weren't complaining then I wasn't talking to you. I usually reply to what someone says and then go on to the rest of my thoughts as they come.

I'm talking in general to the people drawing negative publicity to the game. Making people thinks it's like others that have failed... This game can very well fail if it recoeves too much bad publicity. Considering the modules are not a requirement, they WANT us to have something to play with while they make the game, which also serves them as well as give us something to check out, feedback, bugs stuff like that. I would hate to see this game become No Man's Sky simple because it caught a bad rep from CHEAP impatient ppl. If it did fail I would hold it against all the shit talkers and not the developers...

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

There is PROOF! Do people seem to think, that everyone that makes a game starts out with most of a game made...before they ask for help...You guys do realize that they came up with the concept, did the work, some proof of concept stuff...then they get funding to start the project (kickstarter) that's called "start up cost" You dont decide to open a restaurant and then next day your making grub for ppl...You gotta set it up, after you plan it...while your building your restaurant how do you "prove" your opening a restaurant...you can't exactly make a meal...the act of building is usually the proof.

If they were trying to build Identity in a garage I wouldn't believe it...then I would think it's a scam. With this Idea if they make it work would net way more money than screwing some people. The proof is in the buildings they rented. Why waste that money for a scam, not like a ponzie scheme where ur making millions and u set up in an office. You need somewhere to work...there is plenty of proof if you have any clue how a new IP is started.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

12 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

There is PROOF! Do people seem to think, that everyone that makes a game starts out with most of a game made...before they ask for help...You guys do realize that they came up with the concept, did the work, some proof of concept stuff...then they get funding to start the project (kickstarter) that's called "start up cost" You dont decide to open a restaurant and then next day your making grub for ppl...You gotta set it up, after you plan it...while your building your restaurant how do you "prove" your opening a restaurant...you can't exactly make a meal...the act of building is usually the proof.

If they were trying to build Identity in a garage I wouldn't believe it...then I would think it's a scam. With this Idea if they make it work would net way more money than screwing some people. The proof is in the buildings they rented. Why waste that money for a scam, not like a ponzie scheme where ur making millions and u set up in an office. You need somewhere to work...there is plenty of proof if you have any clue how a new IP is started.

I think a lot people are just upset that they keep pushing it back too much. I mean they said that town square mod was coming out in February of 2017. It is now almost the end of 2017. so about 8 mouths or so later  and still not out. And we still get the same Dev blogs saying pretty much the same thing " almost done" yeah we heard that before for the last 8 months. You talk about a restaurant opening which you can't compare the two but ok lets do that. When you have investors and if you were pushing the grand opening back, because you were redoing the building over and over and over you would lose your investors. And you say building it in a garage would be a scam, how about going to every gaming event on the planet and buying a nice shining new office and all the new office furniture, computers, and all the other stuff. How about living up to the promises that you keep making to us the investors and at least get the town square out so we have something more than delays and screen shots. Are we helping develop Identity the game or Asylum Entertainment Inc? Because for me I put my money in for helping develop the game not for Asylum Entertainment Inc. to get new shining new office's and go globe trotting to every gaming event to get more money, then to come back with more excuses why its not out yet and push it back even more.

25 minutes ago, Jacarie said:

I think a lot people are just upset that they keep pushing it back too much. I mean they said that town square mod was coming out in February of 2017. It is now almost the end of 2017. so about 8 mouths or so later  and still not out. And we still get the same Dev blogs saying pretty much the same thing " almost done" yeah we heard that before for the last 8 months. You talk about a restaurant opening which you can't compare the two but ok lets do that. When you have investors and if you were pushing the grand opening back, because you were redoing the building over and over and over you would lose your investors. And you say building it in a garage would be a scam, how about going to every gaming event on the planet and buying a nice shining new office and all the new office furniture, computers, and all the other stuff. How about living up to the promises that you keep making to us the investors and at least get the town square out so we have something more than delays and screen shots. Are we helping develop Identity the game or Asylum Entertainment Inc? Because for me I put my money in for helping develop the game not for Asylum Entertainment Inc. to get new shining new office's and go globe trotting to every gaming event to get more money, then to come back with more excuses why its not out yet and push it back even more.

Motown went to one out of the 2 events for personal reasons and the for the other event, it was also to attract more people/ a sort of farm of developers which could possibly get recruited that they would meet. The new office is so they can expand their dev team for the game and also that office is a budget office even though it looks so nice and fancy. They have 3 times the amount of the programmers they had before now, since the new office and recruitment but they would not of been able to house these new programmers or artists  etc without a bigger office. The devs didn't want to delay the module, but far from it. It was not for their interests that it was delayed but more for the interest of having it completed to the minimum standard that they wanted the first impression to show.

29 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Motown went to one out of the 2 events for personal reasons and the for the other event, it was also to attract more people/ a sort of farm of developers which could possibly get recruited that they would meet. The new office is so they can expand their dev team for the game and also that office is a budget office even though it looks so nice and fancy. They have 3 times the amount of the programmers they had before now, since the new office and recruitment but they would not of been able to house these new programmers or artists  etc without a bigger office. The devs didn't want to delay the module, but far from it. It was not for their interests that it was delayed but more for the interest of having it completed to the minimum standard that they wanted the first impression to show.

I don't mind waiting, but most people here don't even complain about the delayed module, they are just asking for a video that was promised like 5 months ago

^ Im encompassing everything and LuckyDuck wheres your proof? Cause you always seem to have this some sort of insider knowledge and we're just supposed to take your word for it?

Regardless, they now have an office for expansion, they now have 800k invested in their idea. An investment most of us here made. Surely there will be progress yes? And I don't mean silly little streams showing us character design and some building shading for a module the equivalent of PS Home. That's all that's owed to the community is that game play video to show off that your game is actually functioning and following that, the module. That's where we are at currently no more no less and we've been fed less the entirety of our history together. So much so that hatefulness is becoming apart of this community.

It's big news: the official Town Square release date will be announced in the month of October.

"Announced." Understand that nothing has changed from the end of last year to the end this year -when the module was first announced- besides a partnership, team expansions and funding. Surely there will be something to show.

Edited by WhtGhstBlckGhst

1 hour ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

^ Im encompassing everything and LuckyDuck wheres your proof? Cause you always seem to have this some sort of insider knowledge and we're just supposed to take your word for it?

I am a mod and I also talk to Motown a lot. Most of what I said above was that the 1 event that Motown and Paratus went to as the Identity devs, was likely to meet other devs, possibly find talent who may be interested in Identity for a possible candidate to recruit into the dev team. That was merely a remark of the possibility of why they went. The other event, Motown went himself, which i do believe Paratus didn't go that time and so it was more of a personal reason because Paratus didn't go.  Also, the new office was said as a low budget office by Paratus and so that is where I got that part from. Paratus also has most part to do himself as the other dev has not been in contact with them and so he has to do it but he wants to focus and give us the Town Square module first before doing that. As finishing and giving the module is priority he said. If you don't believe me, well it is your loss because I am not going to lie about it and am just here to pass info on and answer questions / help you guys out because I am a moderator.

18 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Wow...if you aren't part of the problem then your a part of the solution and I WASN'T TALKING TO YOU. lol you need to calm down and comprehend...don't assume please.

My apologies. I misunderstood you then

That office looks so cool! By any chance, does anyone know in the third picture what that thing is on the floor in front of the side table? It looks like an NES, but I'm just curious as to what it's doing on the floor if it is! xD Great job though guys, all of these new pictures look amazing! :D 

3 hours ago, ShadeTrust said:

Hey how will be notified on the town hall release date? Thanks looking forward to it

Within this month, when the team has found out how they work together and how fast, they would announce here on the website/forum when the Town Square will be released.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

Within this month, when the team has found out how they work together and how fast, they would announce here on the website/forum when the Town Square will be released.

Thanks man

On 10/3/2017 at 9:26 PM, JohnNYBlaze said:

Then to listen to whiny little girls cast doubt on their project, deterring potential investors/pledges, because another team that was small made a game...i

At least you think the majority of us are girls instead of guys so thats nice to hear. Spend some time in the game industry, or simply don't put your money into this game if you don't think it will succeed. Plain and simple, read the devblogs if you want to be in the loop or just come back when the Alpha module is released instead of wasting energy to complain, go play Overwatch or something. This is an Indie game team not Electronic Arts

12 hours ago, Kattycake said:

At least you think the majority of us are girls instead of guys so thats nice to hear. Spend some time in the game industry, or simply don't put your money into this game if you don't think it will succeed. Plain and simple, read the devblogs if you want to be in the loop or just come back when the Alpha module is released instead of wasting energy to complain, go play Overwatch or something. This is an Indie game team not Electronic Arts

I'm not even sure how to reply to this...The little girl comment was just a metphor, not to imply that most people here are female...just that they are acting like young lil females that scraped their knees...and not video gamers...As for the spend time in the game industry comment and the rest. Is that for meant for me?

42 minutes ago, Bud1lite said:

Yup,I don't care how long it takes,when the game is done,I'll be playing!?

I'm already playing in my mind, the game release will just be the continuity of it ^^

• Like 2