NskDen

DevBlog #010

15 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I am really starting to get irritated with these kinda of posts. How many times must it be said...Identity is a huge undertaking, being done by a small group, that IS getting bigger, NOT a Triple-A studio with hundreds of employee's and a blank check at their disposal. Really, I think its more of the constant  negative whining, about a game more than 2x the size of GTA V, that is taking a small team to do things on your schedule...Maybe if people weren't so thick and instead of bitching "they got my $15-$30 and it's been two years...WHAaaaaa" maybe make some positive videos or posts drawing people in to the idea instead of giving them cause to think it could be exactly like other failed games.

I honeslty think it's the spoiled self absorbed PC gamers, that want way better games but wanna pay as lil as possible to get it, that bring down the quality of games on PC. You guys belong on console, PC gaming is not about saving money.If you spent 3-4-$500 on a pc and then whine about how much games cost...Your gaming on PC for the wrong reason,YOU are the reason games for PC suffer. PC is for gaming enthusiasts. Cheap PC's are for the pretenders that want to feel like a part of something, without actually spending what is needed to be a part of pc gaming. You don't buy a Lamborghini with Honda pockets...I'm so happy that things are starting to pick up, and we will be hearing about the town square module release very soon. Then maybe all the naysayers will STFU now, and give it a chance to blossom. I swear it's like poop on the flower and expect it to grow thru 3 feet of shit. Give 'em a chance to make it, Rome wasn't built in a day. I can do analogies all day long.

well said

• Like 1

Why they keep making it very complicated? Announcement for a announcement date?
I have seen these be pulled in the gaming industry before, and mostly causes a lot miss information.
At this point i rather have them properly finish the module then rush.. rush.. rush... and release a broke buggy release.

For me it would be Fine scooting the module over to Q1 2018, as you can read in the devblog they hired a lot more programmers.
And it will take weeks before the team settles down on their new working place, and for the new people to get familiar with the game.
This all needs more time! This company just started expanding, they are all experiencing new stuff each day with each other.
And with the holidays coming very soon, it would be VERY BAD putting pressure on the team forcing the release in Q4 2017.

Just give the new people more time, and start 2018 with a well rested mind.

On 9/30/2017 at 7:13 PM, Migdress said:

I want to be a developer, this is a topic that I'm been picturing in my mind during almost all my life, a simulation of reality.

I love the general systems theory so I love simulations intrinsically, I like to be so much detailed in things because that theory, the one which says that everything is a subsytem of a system which also is part of a supersystem creating multiple levels levels of abstraction, I just feel that in my life I have to go for the lowest level, I like it so much it gives me a feeling of having a full knowledge of how things work. 

Due to that I always dreamt to develop a 3d modeled reality, starting at the instanced objects of quarks to form atoms and then particles, molecules, compunds, amounts, behaviors, environments, states of the matter and so on until reach the actual reality level of abstraction of the matter and then, release it as (paid or free) simulator of reality.

You have taken that idea to a higher level of abstraction but it's actually the lowest level reached for a company to develop a game ever. I love it it fascinates me and you are going in the very right direction.

I would love to be part of it, I'm a skilled developer at PHP, I've done small things in Unity mostly to get the knowledge to use it, I know ho to code in PHP, Javascript, Java SE/EE, C, C++, LINUX BASH, Some of C# (For Unity), But I would love to learn whatever it takes to be part of you as a developer I would do it for free if you just put me in the list of people who helped to build this, for software engineering I'm a certified Scrum Master, and certified Cisco Networker, I've sent messages to you already.

Anyway, I just love Identity I can't wait to play it. Excellent job!.

They don't want anyone to work for free. If you would like to join the team you will need to apply at http://www.asylumentertainment.ca/careers/

On 10/1/2017 at 11:40 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

I am really starting to get irritated with these kinda of posts. How many times must it be said...Identity is a huge undertaking, being done by a small group, that IS getting bigger, NOT a Triple-A studio with hundreds of employee's and a blank check at their disposal. Really, I think its more of the constant  negative whining, about a game more than 2x the size of GTA V, that is taking a small team to do things on your schedule...Maybe if people weren't so thick and instead of bitching "they got my $15-$30 and it's been two years...WHAaaaaa" maybe make some positive videos or posts drawing people in to the idea instead of giving them cause to think it could be exactly like other failed games.

I honeslty think it's the spoiled self absorbed PC gamers, that want way better games but wanna pay as lil as possible to get it, that bring down the quality of games on PC. You guys belong on console, PC gaming is not about saving money.If you spent 3-4-$500 on a pc and then whine about how much games cost...Your gaming on PC for the wrong reason,YOU are the reason games for PC suffer. PC is for gaming enthusiasts. Cheap PC's are for the pretenders that want to feel like a part of something, without actually spending what is needed to be a part of pc gaming. You don't buy a Lamborghini with Honda pockets...I'm so happy that things are starting to pick up, and we will be hearing about the town square module release very soon. Then maybe all the naysayers will STFU now, and give it a chance to blossom. I swear it's like poop on the flower and expect it to grow thru 3 feet of shit. Give 'em a chance to make it, Rome wasn't built in a day. I can do analogies all day long.

Well said. Finally, someone summed it up. Can't wait for the town square also will be good to finally talk to some identity fans! 

White knight, it has nothing to do with the size of project more so than the empty promises laid out before your attempt of summary. And its funny to claim that "oh this is a big project, and bleh" Really? cause there is absolutely zero evidence that this is a big project other than IDEA and THEORY. That's it guys, ZERO proof, understand that, ZERO proof. So we have what, some live streams showing us art and model design, level design etc. With zero effort to make up from past claims that fall through in which the team has now raised more money to afford a plush office in which case THEY STILL CANT SEEM TO DELIVER ON PROMISES, even after the lead dev openly states to having terrible PR and inability to fulfill promises.

Drop all comparisons to AAA companies like Rockstar and understand that $800,000 -and even before that- is more than enough to deliver on promises from before, like oh lets say a module or a game play video.

I get that you new crew white knights of the land are tired of hearing us old fags complain, but at this point it has nothing to do with delay more than it does of integrity, and this team, albeit strong in its spirit and idea lacks integrity, period. How ever you try to argue it or spin it, the truth is in the photos.

And as the photos show us, they have a new office to play in, thanks to your money.

But you down there, you wanna mention fans? Go look at Star Citizen and their department, go look at Escape From Tarkov and their department, oh and even the very very small team of Hell Let Loose. Guess what, all delivering on schedule and all full filling promises.

Don't be so blind by bias, but reason by fact. The fact is in the proof, and the only proof you have as a community is a new office.. 

4 hours ago, NZLKyle said:

Well said. Finally, someone summed it up. Can't wait for the town square also will be good to finally talk to some identity fans! 

Edited by WhtGhstBlckGhst
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

White knight, it has nothing to do with the size of project more so than the empty promises laid out before your attempt of summary. And its funny to claim that "oh this is a big project, and bleh" Really? cause there is absolutely zero evidence that this is a big project other than IDEA and THEORY. That's it guys, ZERO proof, understand that, ZERO proof. So we have what, some live streams showing us art and model design, level design etc. With zero effort to make up from past claims that fall through in which the team has now raised more money to afford a plush office in which case THEY STILL CANT SEEM TO DELIVER ON PROMISES, even after the lead dev openly states to having terrible PR and inability to fulfill promises.

Drop all comparisons to AAA companies like Rockstar and understand that $800,000 -and even before that- is more than enough to deliver on promises from before, like oh lets say a module or a game play video.

I get that you new crew white knights of the land are tired of hearing us old fags complain, but at this point it has nothing to do with delay more than it does of integrity, and this team, albeit strong in its spirit and idea lacks integrity, period. How ever you try to argue it or spin it, the truth is in the photos.

And as the photos show us, they have a new office to play in, thanks to your money.

But you down there, you wanna mention fans? Go look at Star Citizen and their department, go look at Escape From Tarkov and their department, oh and even the very very small team of Hell Let Loose. Guess what, all delivering on schedule and all full filling promises.

Don't be so blind by bias, but reason by fact. The fact is in the proof, and the only proof you have as a community is a new office.. 

Isn't the fact that they have an office proof in itself as they are a tangible company. People can go to their office etc?  This is a massive project and now that they have their own office space this will increase productivity. When will people like you believe that the game is real LMAO when it's fully released ?? Even when the town square module is released will you still cry "Fake" ? 

Have you seen the dev streams? Like this would have to be a fucking elaborate scam for them to steam development footage for the game LOL. 

I'm glad I pledged 30 USD to the devs and I hope they make a great game. 

- Kyle 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

skimmed through this nonsense

sorry why are you here again? if you are still here after sooking for so long, you still believe in the project otherwise you wouldnt be wasting your time.

5 hours ago, NZLKyle said:

Isn't the fact that they have an office proof in itself as they are a tangible company. People can go to their office etc?  This is a massive project and now that they have their own office space this will increase productivity. When will people like you believe that the game is real LMAO when it's fully released ?? Even when the town square module is released will you still cry "Fake" ? 

Have you seen the dev streams? Like this would have to be a fucking elaborate scam for them to steam development footage for the game LOL. 

I'm glad I pledged 30 USD to the devs and I hope they make a great game. 

- Kyle 

The fact that they have an office with racing chairs and a Nintendo Switch shows that they are an immature group of children that don't know how to spend their time or money..The fact that they have a nice office before even partially shipping a product shows they are in over their heads and not focused on the real goals.These are the rewards a company gets after the product ships and is successful.

As for when will we believe the game is real? How about once we get more than some delayed beauty shots and footage of them walking around a house. How about once we can play the promised Town Hall that's been delayed time and time again.

1 hour ago, MoMann said:

The fact that they have an office with racing chairs and a Nintendo Switch shows that they are an immature group of children that don't know how to spend their time or money..The fact that they have a nice office before even partially shipping a product shows they are in over their heads and not focused on the real goals.These are the rewards a company gets after the product ships and is successful.

As for when will we believe the game is real? How about once we get more than some delayed beauty shots and footage of them walking around a house. How about once we can play the promised Town Hall that's been delayed time and time again.

I'd rather have a company that's comfortably developing a good game than a group of people that struggle developing a wannabe good game in a shitty place... I think that environment is an essential part of the dev process, since feeling comfortable helps productivity a lot.

Edited by Rinyuaru-Kun
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, MoMann said:

They have a small dev team doing the best they can. If they want to play on a Nintendo switch during their lunch break let them. I can't wait for people with your mindset about the game to get proven wrong lmao. 

-Kyle 

O...M...G...how long has Rockstar been working on Red dead Redemption 2...? Are you people really this dense...y do ppl like u clowns have anything to do with early access, development process...you know what...you're doing more harm than good, if you pledged and are bitching take your damn money back and go play something else...and then spend whatever to get the game again and feel like dumbasses when they make it. No wonder games fail with ppl like you on PC poser pc gamers...cheap people should be on console...pc is for enthusiasts not wannabe's and poser with lint in their pockets....Whhhaaaaaa my 15-30 dollars...call the whhaaaambulance...

• Like 1

When was it delayed time and time again...it was delayed one time as far as I can remember...its only been 2 years man. Red Dead is coming out in a year or so and they finally just released a video after how long??? Seriously grow up and you will see how naive you sound. If it was up to me I'd give u ur money back and ban u...be thankful these devs can tolerate the hate.

Your literally turning ppl away that come to the forums to check the game out...they see all the "oh they got my 30 bucks its been 2 years"...they should have milk crates for desktops...not getting a space suitable to create some great work. Come on do u hear yourselves...are you REALLY this thick or are you just looking for some drama...cause I can give u drama...and not at the expense of an awesome game.

You do realize that even RDR2 is still not gonna be as good as Identity, as big, and involving so much from so many different aspects...and they released ONE VIDEO! FINALLY!  After 7 years...it was supposed to be released in 2017 but was pushed back till spring of 2018. You going and whining to rockstar how their multi-billion dollar company cant complete a game a PORTION of the scope and size Identity plans to encompass...seriously shush now you bother me

Hell I'll be suprised if we don't see a RDR2 Identity Mod server where someone decides makes a better game than rockstar within Identities set world.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
  • Like 1

Alright Kyle here's the thing, show me where we've been wrong so far, cause SO FAR, this team has nothing to show except $800k of your your money and a flash new office... Aye?

What you claim to see them doing is "developing"

What I see them doing is spending money.

"Well its on a new team and the space to house them." Except you've already claimed to have expanded and sure you can be expanding more but then I have to ask what are all of these new employees working on? Cause we haven't seen anything.

Any logical management team would look at the track record and say "Jeez guys you know what? We haven't delivered on a single promise in over 2 years.." "MAYBE we shouldn't post hype about our new plush office and get previously promised content out.."

But yeah sure, they're working on it, no matter what side of the fence you're on you guys know this is bunk, you just really hope it isn't so.

You gotta look at the facts and the facts are: Still no content, big new office.

And Johnny's point of view there was so immaturely presented I don't know how to react.

And knock it off with the small team excuse cause the guys over at Black Matter have a shockingly small team who still put out proof that their back end and front is operational and working. Never Mind Battle State Games who are roughly 30 plus now who put out a full Alpha build with as little as 15 guys then in the same year pushed an updated engine and forwarded the game into beta. So nice try.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

Alright Kyle here's the thing, show me where we've been wrong so far, cause SO FAR, this team has nothing to show except $800k of your your money and a flash new office... Aye?

What you claim to see them doing is "developing"

What I see them doing is spending money.

"Well its on a new team and the space to house them." Except you've already claimed to have expanded and sure you can be expanding more but then I have to ask what are all of these new employees working on? Cause we haven't seen anything.

Any logical management team would look at the track record and say "Jeez guys you know what? We haven't delivered on a single promise in over 2 years.." "MAYBE we shouldn't post hype about our new plush office and get previously promised content out.."

But yeah sure, they're working on it, no matter what side of the fence you're on you guys know this is bunk, you just really hope it isn't so.

You gotta look at the facts and the facts are: Still no content, big new office.

And Johnny's point of view there was so immaturely presented I don't know how to react.

And knock it off with the small team excuse cause the guys over at Black Matter have a shockingly small team who still put out proof that their back end and front is operational and working. Never Mind Battle State Games who are roughly 30 plus now who put out a full Alpha build with as little as 15 guys then in the same year pushed an updated engine and forwarded the game into beta. So nice try.

Now, look here. Escape from Tarkov doesn't have the short of in-depth mechanics that Identity will need as a life mod for starters. Up until now members of the identity dev team have had to work from home and conference call on skype ect Now that they have a new office/workspace where they can better communicate ect this will speed up the development process. I think the money spent on that office would greatly improve the development process of this game. Money well spent in my opinion. There should be a gameplay video soon showing off the stuff they have been working on. So nice try! HAHA 

6 minutes ago, NZLKyle said:

Now, look here. Escape from Tarkov doesn't have the short of in-depth mechanics that Identity will need as a life mod for starters. Up until now members of the identity dev team have had to work from home and conference call on skype ect Now that they have a new office/workspace where they can better communicate ect this will speed up the development process. I think the money spent on that office would greatly improve the development process of this game. Money well spent in my opinion. There should be a gameplay video soon showing off the stuff they have been working on. So nice try! HAHA 

I only report on fact my man, and the facts are empty promises with nothing to show and spending your money. *shrugs*

• Like 1

God.. Why are people like you even here, @WhtGhstBlckGhst?

It's like, before you have your hands on the game and is playing, there is no content. Well, nope, there HAVEN'T been showed in-game screenshots, there HAVEN'T been recorded a video of the apartments within the game. Wait hold on, yes there has! They have showed off what they have developed, and now they're about to release the first module.

• Like 1

I lold. ok so

The apartment video isn't a game play video.. and its certainly not the game play video the team keeps promising. 

Argue with me all you want guys the facts still stand.

And yeah, I'm sure they're about to release the module any day now, lets hope.

I only see you new cats rushing to argue with me like the team needs you to defend their honor or something.

There is a major gap in accountability with this team that has been apparent since day one and I'm going to continue to report on it. Dislike me as much as you'd but I am a counter balance here, like the rest of you and I feel a responsibility simply because I don't see anyone else keeping the pressure on this team to follow through with their word especially $800k later.

This is a Role-playing community isn't it??

Edited by WhtGhstBlckGhst

36 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

I lold. ok so

The apartment video isn't a game play video.. and its certainly not the game play video the team keeps promising. 

Argue with me all you want guys the facts still stand.

And yeah, I'm sure they're about to release the module any day now, lets hope.

I only see you new cats rushing to argue with me like the team needs you to defend their honor or something.

There is a major gap in accountability with this team that has been apparent since day one and I'm going to continue to report on it. Dislike me as much as you'd but I am a counter balance here, like the rest of you and I feel a responsibility simply because I don't see anyone else keeping the pressure on this team to follow through with their word especially $800k later.

This is a Role-playing community isn't it??

How do you know that the video that was showed is not the game play, you will be getting in the first module? It is a social module after all. Which means your mainly just talking to each other in a chat room. To me it just seems your kinda expecting more or thinking they are not doing anything.  Not thinking that maybe that is all we will be getting at the first stage. 

Edited by Xzothi

You guys have got to be just looking for any kind of attention...They are not the team who made blah blah blah...Again I reiterate they havent even entered the alpha phase yet...Hasn't there been plenty of video game footage a game is being made...and still fails...What does it matter how much you are kept in the loop. Who do you think they are...

They aren't obligated to tell us shit...like rockstar for the last 7 years about RDR2. They WANT to keep us involved. But I would imagine it would be easier to just take money and sacrifice some artistic freedom. Then to listen to whiny little girls cast doubt on their project, deterring potential investors/pledges, because another team that was small made a game...in a certain period of time, that was acceptable by your expert opinion...NOTHING IN SCOPE TO IDENTITY...But Hey! They were small, they made a game. So every small team should all be the same...all the time forever and ever..

I coulda swore Identity was a game unlike any other... yet your comparing them to small teams cause of the fact that they are both making a game...When you work a job, I would be suprised, do you wanna work in sub par conditions to improve your bosses bottom dollar...well why should they for some jerk off that pretends to wanna help, then cries about it taking to long for the game to be real, in your expert like logic. I can't wait till you naysayers have to eat some crow sandwiches. Even if the game were to fail...I honestly think it would  because lack of support and self entitlement of pc gamers that want cheap all the time because...THEY SAID SO yea!

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
  • Like 1