NskDen

DevBlog #010

12 minutes ago, kaneN said:

The police station looks sick!

More screenshots of the police station can be found 

30 minutes ago, Sjondefries said:

I didn't got it in my mail weird

Kickstarters seem to get there email first. Then it kinda goes in waves.  Not fully sure how it all is setup but yah. 

6 minutes ago, Motown said:

Если я правильно помню, на компьютерах художника есть лучшие графические карты (1080ти), в то время как у компьютеров-программистов есть лучшие процессоры. 

As I envy you, you could take the GTX Titan X ($880), it stands in America almost like 1080ti ($820). And in Russia 1400 $ Titan X and 1000 $ GTX 1080ti, no prospects for beginners... And you will have one weak computer for testing optimization?

First off, do they seriously have identity pamphlets? Nice! Secondly, i give them mad props for moving on up, getting a nice office, getting pamphlets (im just impressed ok?), on top of that getting more people onto the team. Im surprised they have the budget to hire more people, i mean hey thats good, more firepower the better. Looking forward for this Brandon fella.

18 minutes ago, mezdoo said:

wasn't the video supposed to be released before the dev blog ?

Yep. Read the summary near the end. I explained that. :)

• Like 1

Heres hoping once identity is released they wont stop there d:

Edited by JackRen
Typos Typos Typos
  • Like 1

Great, Asylum spends all this money on a plush office and STILL nothing hands on to show for this game after 2 years... By the looks of that office you guys will be bankrupt in the next year if you don't have anything to give us. People are refunding like crazy and getting discouraged by the lack of a game. 

6 minutes ago, Soulphite said:

Great, Asylum spends all this money on a plush office and STILL nothing hands on to show for this game after 2 years... By the looks of that office you guys will be bankrupt in the next year if you don't have anything to give us. People are refunding like crazy and getting discouraged by the lack of a game. 

the fact that they are confedent enough to rent an office spcae + get all equipment shows to me that there getting ready for release....

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Yep. Read the summary near the end. I explained that. :)

Yeah didn't pay attention sorry, any estimated date for  the video ?

The office looks great, but it's more of a budget space than it looks. I've been busy there for weeks as I assembled all the furniture, cut and hung the decor.. we've saved a lot of money by doing everything ourselves. 

In fact, we're a very frugal bunch and our funding is quite healthy.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Paratus said:

The office looks great, but it's more of a budget space than it looks. I've been busy there for weeks as I assembled all the furniture, cut and hung the decor.. we've saved a lot of money by doing everything ourselves. 

i think im in love with you guys office :o , its so sweet , how big is it tho ?

6 minutes ago, dimin69 said:

i think im in love with you guys office :o , its so sweet , how big is it tho ?

About 1,600 sqft. Not huge but large enough to house our team with some room to grow. People in Ottawa will be free to schedule a drop by and meet the team once things are going.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Good to know B|

7 minutes ago, Paratus said:

About 1,600 sqft. Not huge but large enough to house our team with some room to grow. People in Ottawa will be free to schedule a drop by and meet the team once things are going.

only if i was from ottawa :( (hi from the other side of the world :P )

2 hours ago, Soulphite said:

I am really starting to get irritated with these kinda of posts. How many times must it be said...Identity is a huge undertaking, being done by a small group, that IS getting bigger, NOT a Triple-A studio with hundreds of employee's and a blank check at their disposal. Really, I think its more of the constant  negative whining, about a game more than 2x the size of GTA V, that is taking a small team to do things on your schedule...Maybe if people weren't so thick and instead of bitching "they got my $15-$30 and it's been two years...WHAaaaaa" maybe make some positive videos or posts drawing people in to the idea instead of giving them cause to think it could be exactly like other failed games.

I honeslty think it's the spoiled self absorbed PC gamers, that want way better games but wanna pay as lil as possible to get it, that bring down the quality of games on PC. You guys belong on console, PC gaming is not about saving money.If you spent 3-4-$500 on a pc and then whine about how much games cost...Your gaming on PC for the wrong reason,YOU are the reason games for PC suffer. PC is for gaming enthusiasts. Cheap PC's are for the pretenders that want to feel like a part of something, without actually spending what is needed to be a part of pc gaming. You don't buy a Lamborghini with Honda pockets...I'm so happy that things are starting to pick up, and we will be hearing about the town square module release very soon. Then maybe all the naysayers will STFU now, and give it a chance to blossom. I swear it's like poop on the flower and expect it to grow thru 3 feet of shit. Give 'em a chance to make it, Rome wasn't built in a day. I can do analogies all day long.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
  • Like 10

I want to be a developer, this is a topic that I'm been picturing in my mind during almost all my life, a simulation of reality.

I love the general systems theory so I love simulations intrinsically, I like to be so much detailed in things because that theory, the one which says that everything is a subsytem of a system which also is part of a supersystem creating multiple levels levels of abstraction, I just feel that in my life I have to go for the lowest level, I like it so much it gives me a feeling of having a full knowledge of how things work. 

Due to that I always dreamt to develop a 3d modeled reality, starting at the instanced objects of quarks to form atoms and then particles, molecules, compunds, amounts, behaviors, environments, states of the matter and so on until reach the actual reality level of abstraction of the matter and then, release it as (paid or free) simulator of reality.

You have taken that idea to a higher level of abstraction but it's actually the lowest level reached for a company to develop a game ever. I love it it fascinates me and you are going in the very right direction.

I would love to be part of it, I'm a skilled developer at PHP, I've done small things in Unity mostly to get the knowledge to use it, I know ho to code in PHP, Javascript, Java SE/EE, C, C++, LINUX BASH, Some of C# (For Unity), But I would love to learn whatever it takes to be part of you as a developer I would do it for free if you just put me in the list of people who helped to build this, for software engineering I'm a certified Scrum Master, and certified Cisco Networker, I've sent messages to you already.

Anyway, I just love Identity I can't wait to play it. Excellent job!.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

I am really starting to get irritated with these kinda of posts. How many times must it be said...Identity is a huge undertaking, being done by a small group, that IS getting bigger, NOT a Triple-A studio with hundreds of employee's and a blank check at their disposal. Really, I think its more of the constant  negative whining, about a game more than 2x the size of GTA V, that is taking a small team to do things on your schedule...Maybe if people weren't so thick and instead of bitching "they got my $15-$30 and it's been two years...WHAaaaaa" maybe make some positive videos or posts drawing people in to the idea instead of giving them cause to think it could be exactly like other failed games.

I honeslty think it's the spoiled self absorbed PC gamers, that want way better games but wanna pay as lil as possible to get it, that bring down the quality of games on PC. You guys belong on console, PC gaming is not about saving money.If you spent 3-4-$500 on a pc and then whine about how much games cost...Your gaming on PC for the wrong reason,YOU are the reason games for PC suffer. PC is for gaming enthusiasts. Cheap PC's are for the pretenders that want to feel like a part of something, without actually spending what is needed to be a part of pc gaming. You don't buy a Lamborghini with Honda pockets...I'm so happy that things are starting to pick up, and we will be hearing about the town square module release very soon. Then maybe all the naysayers will STFU now, and give it a chance to blossom. I swear it's like poop on the flower and expect it to grow thru 3 feet of shit. Give 'em a chance to make it, Rome wasn't built in a day. I can do analogies all day long.

Totally agree, im sick of it. I know how much work and time goes into making all the objects and then add in rendering and adding in textures. If people would even try and understand or even try and make it themselves before complaining. I spent 2 years studying 3d animation and vfx, it really annoys me to see people complain without understanding how its done and how much time it takes.
Honestly the work they have done looks amazing and i cant wait to see the end product.

Edited by Keyute