Syym

Declaring Independence

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Identity takes place on island, which belongs to USA, right?

If so, then i hope it would be like.... main quest, if you will, for politicans to free citizens from USA reign and declear independence. Before doing so some laws would be unchangeable. Becoming independent would allow government to change all laws and take RP to the next level.

@Syym Identity takes place in a fictional land in the eastern United States, inspired primarily by the Carolinas and Georgia.

I don't think the Devs would allow a independence. That would mean all the laws are changed. Which I suppose is a 'realistic' mechanic, but it would be way to much work. 

On 19.2.2016 at 6:37 PM, JackMcLoud said:

Or how about possibilities for a coup d'état?

Considering devs goals, then no. Then again, there will be some kind of possibility to make governor reassign, if it is mass event created by citizens themselves. Protesting will be a thing.

I've often thought how cool it would be to do like an Irish Republican Army alternative in Identity, but they've said there'll be no terrorism, and also it looks as if independence won't be an option. Pity.

• Like 1

On the one hand, this could be really cool, but it might also be abused so it probably wouldn't work to well, terrorist takeovers would be awesome though, such a shame they're not included

• Like 1

Well maybe speak about making organized terrorism where you have to tell the Devs all your plans to do so make sure it dosent get out of control and maybe letting only organized terrorist groups do so. When terrorists are activated maybe the police can have a small national guard or counter terrorist unit that is heavily equipped to do but they shouldn't be aloud to do political assassinations unless character kills are  implemented (only if accepted by the person for dramatic effect). Since the government would have an advantage (NSA) they might be able to fill out partial information about the planned attack but not all,it also depends on the politician maybe some don't believe in a little spying leading to a disadvantage but if your a spying politician if it is leaked by someone that you are (Snowden you piece of shit) it can of serious drawbacks and unless permitted by legislation it can be illegal!

Edited by ThereIsHope
Good shit

On April 25, 2016 at 7:45 PM, PaulieMariano said:

On the one hand, this could be really cool, but it might also be abused so it probably wouldn't work to well, terrorist takeovers would be awesome though, such a shame they're not included

Terrorist take overs might be the reason they decided not to implement terrorism it needs to be conducted by a small minority group that dosent have a lot of power or organization making it fair game for all.

On April 24, 2016 at 10:45 PM, Johnny said:

I've often thought how cool it would be to do like an Irish Republican Army alternative in Identity, but they've said there'll be no terrorism, and also it looks as if independence won't be an option. Pity.

They terrorist attacks even though the IRA is an very organized and trained one they would have to be poorly equipped and executed and could only happen every like four months making it like a event or something like that the politicians would have to deal with that won't happen often and will cost a considerable amount of money and would whoever the attackers are could RP wounds or have there character completely wiped off (dead). This will make it a extreme risk to commit terrorism so maybe the admins will be able to run events like this to put some more interest into the game and they will use event character meaning it's not like there actual person that play on day to day.