MitchellTheKiller

Captcha to register/login to keep bots away

Hello,

I have seen that this forum has been met to the bot family and the spam posts that they created.

My idea is to add captcha to register and login to the forums to prevent the bots.

Captcha has many puzzles to prevent bots: Click on the cars until you dont see any car anymore, typing a word that it says you need to type.  

I think this will help to prevent bots to come to the forums.

I hope the devs can do something with this.

Regards, Mitchell.

49 minutes ago, MitchellTheKiller said:

Hello,

I have seen that this forum has been met to the bot family and the spam posts that they created.

My idea is to add captcha to register and login to the forums to prevent the bots.

Captcha has many puzzles to prevent bots: Click on the cars until you dont see any car anymore, typing a word that it says you need to type.  

Regards, Mitchell.

Yeah, this could help a bit

6 hours ago, MitchellTheKiller said:

Hello,

Regards, Mitchell.

It has already been suggested and well, the new website is on the way and so we will hold out until then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

It has already been suggested and well, the new website is on the way and so we will hold out until then.

By the way, do we have any idea what the new website will be like? :)

7 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Possibly soon. Considering things are moving faster than they ever have in the past few years I would estimate maybe within the next few months. If not by January then by Spring for sure. Depending on how far along the progress is.

7 minutes ago, GeneSmith said:

Possibly soon. Considering things are moving faster than they ever have in the past few years I would estimate maybe within the next few months. If not by January then by Spring for sure. Depending on how far along the progress is.

11 minutes ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

The website will look roughly the same, but it will be different anyhow with the store and pledges. Some pledges gone and some different things added also. The forum will be a bit different as in it will likely have more sections added to it. (The forum part is what I think and not confirmed).

The new website should be out before the first module or just after and that is very close to being done, if not days, it will be a few weeks perhaps at most by the end of the year likely and not after. (My estimation and is in no way or form actual facts and is all my opinion.)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The website will look roughly the same, but it will be different anyhow with the store and pledges. Some pledges gone and some different things added also. The forum will be a bit different as in it will likely have more sections added to it. (The forum part is what I think and not confirmed).

The new website should be out before the first module or just after and that is very close to being done, if not days, it will be a few weeks perhaps at most by the end of the year likely and not after. (My estimation and is in no way or form actual facts and is all my opinion.)

Thank you Lucky

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

New website? Never really heard of one in the making.

Do note there are captcha bots out there. This wouldn't cure the issue fully. It should be more of a multi step process. The harder it is to do the less likely it will happen.