MitchellTheKiller

Mood of forum is getting to wrong side.

Hello,

Last time I have seen that people are getting pissed off.

Right now the most of the questions are going about the release date and I see slowly that people are pissed off because of that. (Including me)

This has got to STOP I'm just almost ready to quit the forums because of this.

What does people matter? There is a F*cking search bar. 

Anyone got to say anything about it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MitchellTheKiller said:

Hello,

Last time I have seen that people are getting pissed off.

Right now the most of the questions are going about the release date and I see slowly that people are pissed off because of that. (Including me)

This has got to STOP I'm just almost ready to quit the forums because of this.

What does people matter? There is a F*cking search bar. 

Anyone got to say anything about it?

Well, everybody is waiting for the game, there are just some (too many) people who blame the devs instead of encouraging them...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Well, everybody is waiting for the game, there are just some (too many) people who blame the devs instead of encouraging them...

Yea, thats true. Creating a game takes time, Sometimes a year and sometimes multiple years.

I respect the devs I dont mind waiting its normal for me since I have waited for more games.

Well complaining doesnt speed up the development. So it is just waiting and waiting and people who are asking about this should know it takes long.

Edited by MitchellTheKiller
Grammar fix
  • Like 1

The Devs really need to start doing something to keep people in the loop, screen shots or something.. the only other game I am following is Chronicles of Elyria and they are putting out much more info on their game so my hype for that is a lot more than identity even though identity was the main thing I was looking forward to.

• Like 1

If you read the latest devblog at @steamray the devs stated that they would be hiring and community manager to help get us into, "the loop"

And people aren't even letting devs a FULL MONTH to post blog updates! Come on, if the last update was dating from April it'd be understandable, but it's only been less than a month!

3 hours ago, SteamyRay said:

The Devs really need to start doing something to keep people in the loop, screen shots or something.. the only other game I am following is Chronicles of Elyria and they are putting out much more info on their game so my hype for that is a lot more than identity even though identity was the main thing I was looking forward to.

They update us with screenshots, dev streams and their gaming hour stream answering questions. Soon the new community manager will be hired and settled in to keep us in the loop more, like @YouKnowBro said.

You have been here for 1/3 of the time the game being in development and so have not waited as long as some people within this community. Well you actually joined the forum after the devs communication started and so didn't wait with no communication. All I can say is, you have waited this long so far, there is no point giving up or not giving the devs that chance to prove themselves with more time as they have just hired more devs expanding their team which is where the development will start picking up quicker. I hope you stay and keep your hype for Identity, as it will be such a loss of time to giveup after waiting nearly a year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

And people aren't even letting devs a FULL MONTH to post blog updates! Come on, if the last update was dating from April it'd be understandable, but it's only been less than a month!

Yea, I don't understand why people can't wait. It's so simple.

I have only been browsing the forums for a short time.  But from my point of view people obviously want the game out but the lack of dev input on the forums is the major contributor to unrest.  It's one thing to release Dev Updates every few months but the Dev's are almost not apart of the forums.  It takes so little effort to be on the forums or at least let us feel like they have a presence.  At the time of writing this the last dev post according to the website was 9 days ago.

It should be the dev's posting screenshots and such to the pages after the streams not others.

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Milamber said:

I have only been browsing the forums for a short time.  But from my point of view people obviously want the game out but the lack of dev input on the forums is the major contributor to unrest.  It's one thing to release Dev Updates every few months but the Dev's are almost not apart of the forums.  It takes so little effort to be on the forums or at least let us feel like they have a presence.  At the time of writing this the last dev post according to the website was 9 days ago.

It should be the dev's posting screenshots and such to the pages after the streams not others.

Just my 2 cents.

What would you prefer, devs to divide their focus on the game to simply tell you they are working on it, but it will most likely delay the project further? Or them to focus primarily on the game, updating us when they see a need to? Remember this is a 9-10 PERSON DEV TEAM, and not like other major developers who have multiple teams working on a game. 

Furthermore most developers don't even hint a game until it is near completion and has a base release date (like RDR 2 and Spring of 2018). Asylum however mentioned this game when it was in preproduction for the sake of financial support, something most developers never do. 

I personally believe people should stop treating Asylum like they are one of the million dollar developers, and instead realise that this is a very small and independent development team.

We need to be patient as we have been spoiled by the gaming industry, and I dont want another No Man's Sky and Hello Games. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo

You can't seriously tell me that there isn't an hour in a week to post some pics from the stream or comment on a few threads to show they are active? Don't pull the 'divide their focus' crap it is literally posting some pictures and having a presence on the forums.  I think one of them could spare an hour a week.  If posting some pictures and replying on the forums delays the project i think all of this is the least of our problems.

It is even more important for them to have a presence here because they are not a multi million dollar developer.  I would expect more of a presence on the forums because they are not that.  I have already paid money and have no product. I would expect regular updates(well aware i am helping to start a game not get one(DUH)).  If the updates were consistent i would be happy to see that one of them got a new coffee cup or something if nothing tangible was done during that week.  But as it stands now there is none of that ON THE FORUMS. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Milamber said:

You can't seriously tell me that there isn't an hour in a week to post some pics from the stream or comment on a few threads to show they are active? Don't pull the 'divide their focus' crap it is literally posting some pictures and having a presence on the forums.  I think one of them could spare an hour a week.  If posting some pictures and replying on the forums delays the project i think all of this is the least of our problems.

It is even more important for them to have a presence here because they are not a multi million dollar developer.  I would expect more of a presence on the forums because they are not that.  I have already paid money and have no product. I would expect regular updates(well aware i am helping to start a game not get one(DUH)).  If the updates were consistent i would be happy to see that one of them got a new coffee cup or something if nothing tangible was done during that week.  But as it stands now there is none of that ON THE FORUMS. 

I prefer a team that work their ass off to the point that they didn't even check their own forums often enough to a team which is present in the forums but has to take some time every day / week in order to do so.