JohnNYBlaze

True PC Platform Defining Game

For the last 6-ish or so months since I got my 1st gaming rig...I've noticed a trend of blaming consoles for the state of PC games. What??!! PC games are alot harder to optimize because of the billions, possibly trillions, of combinations of components making up different people's PC's. Consoles are all the same, for that generation, so they figure out how to tweak and get the most of every lil bit they can. It's alot harder to do that with everyone having completely different gaming PC's.  

I see alot of people say essentially "what's the least I can spend" for this that or the other. I also see alot of people complaining things are goin as they wish, for whatever reasons. Identity is one of those games that can truly set PC gaming apart from, and not be held back by consoles. I'm a 30+ year console player, when I seen Identity, I decided it was time to make the jump, 6 months later I had my 1st PC.

Dropped a $250 pledge to do as much as I can to help bring this game to life. I surely did not have it to spare, but I want this game to BE!  It's a risk, but if they pull it off this could be the game of all games. A triple AAA company would take YEARS to develop this. So if you want identity to really come to life, spread the word and pony up some dough for your PC games to start being "PC Games". PC is the one place where the gamers actually have a say, use that power. Help them get it done, save up if you have to, they need us to stand behind them, and show our support, this could literally be the next evolution of PC gaming.

Probably not if everyone expects small developers to create these awesome games that are way better than console games,  and get paid less for them than these Triple-A companies get for most console games. I never put $250 into a console game. But I have a feeling Identity could be a game changer. So I'll go the extra mile to help it get there.  If I had more I would give it up in an instant. If we want PC games to be a step above console games, and still have things the way they are on PC. We need to help or PC games will never evolve like companies making games for consoles. 

• Like 3

Star citizen, Ashes of creation, chronicles of elyria, Dual univers, I think pc games are already evolving. IMO

1 hour ago, mezdoo said:

Star citizen, Ashes of creation, chronicles of elyria, Dual univers, I think pc games are already evolving. IMO

i'm a backer of 3 of those games.:D

On 14-9-2017 at 8:39 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

Dropped a $250 pledge to do as much as I can to help bring this game to life. I surely did not have it to spare, but I want this game to BE!  It's a risk, but if they pull it off this could be the game of all games. A triple AAA company would take YEARS to develop this. So if you want identity to really come to life, spread the word and pony up some dough for your PC games to start being "PC Games".

You think the devs wont need years for identity? they will need years for this game, already spent 2 years or so to get where they are today, not a beta yet:p 

On 9/14/2017 at 8:39 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

For the last 6-ish or so months since I got my 1st gaming rig...I've noticed a trend of blaming consoles for the state of PC games. What??!! PC games are alot harder to optimize because of the billions, possibly trillions, of combinations of components making up different people's PC's. Consoles are all the same, for that generation, so they figure out how to tweak and get the most of every lil bit they can. It's alot harder to do that with everyone having completely different gaming PC's.  

I see alot of people say essentially "what's the least I can spend" for this that or the other. I also see alot of people complaining things are goin as they wish, for whatever reasons. Identity is one of those games that can truly set PC gaming apart from, and not be held back by consoles. I'm a 30+ year console player, when I seen Identity, I decided it was time to make the jump, 6 months later I had my 1st PC.

Dropped a $250 pledge to do as much as I can to help bring this game to life. I surely did not have it to spare, but I want this game to BE!  It's a risk, but if they pull it off this could be the game of all games. A triple AAA company would take YEARS to develop this. So if you want identity to really come to life, spread the word and pony up some dough for your PC games to start being "PC Games". PC is the one place where the gamers actually have a say, use that power. Help them get it done, save up if you have to, they need us to stand behind them, and show our support, this could literally be the next evolution of PC gaming.

Probably not if everyone expects small developers to create these awesome games that are way better than console games,  and get paid less for them than these Triple-A companies get for most console games. I never put $250 into a console game. But I have a feeling Identity could be a game changer. So I'll go the extra mile to help it get there.  If I had more I would give it up in an instant. If we want PC games to be a step above console games, and still have things the way they are on PC. We need to help or PC games will never evolve like companies making games for consoles. 

That's awesome! Thanks for donating to help the development! 

We are getting everytime a little bit closer to the first module and the release because of people like you. It could take long before first module but when we get it I am sure it's going to be great. Again thanks for donating and helping the developers to make this game true.

I hope you will enjoy the final game (I am sure you will like it and I'm also sure I am going to enjoy it)

Regards, a fan of the game

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 5:03 AM, Theezakj said:

You think the devs wont need years for identity? they will need years for this game, already spent 2 years or so to get where they are today, not a beta yet:p 

Yea the devs WILL need years to do, make Identity right. Identity is like Sims and Gta V combined and then multiplied x 2 atleast. ROCKSTAR  (Giant Triple-A studio) with how many employees, and money took how many years to make GTA V.

And then on top of that, took a year or so getting the ports to PC and next gen consoles...Games like Identity are smaller teams that rely on prespective players to help if they want the game to not, either die, or need outside funding, cause games can lose their "identity" when a 3rd party whose creative criticisms have to be taken into consideration now that they are major investors. Not $30-$500, more like thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Now they've gotten enough funding things should pick up a bit faster, especially with the new building they are moving into. I highly doubt they are still anywhere near Rockstar's size. There are games like NCG wreck that have been indevelopment, early access for 3 or 4 years, I believe I heard.

They now have  THQ Nordic taking over and overhauled the entire game, the menu's got some nice organization but the game physics and mechanics took a hit, imo. Rather than let it die, they let a bigger company take it over. And lost some say in the creative process for that. NCG is actually a good car derby/racing game.

Another game that suffers on pc, because a small team didn't get the support it needed from players, not because console game drag down pc game development...because not enough spoiled pc gamers got behind it. If we don't start getting some more than bare minimum pledges, it's gonna take a long time to finish and/or never see the light of day, or have someone else bigger step in and possibly change alot to MAKE MONEY!

Edited by JohnNYBlaze

On 9/14/2017 at 7:39 AM, JohnNYBlaze said:

PC games are alot harder to optimize because of the billions, possibly trillions, of combinations of components making up different people's PC's

It's still no excuse for poor optimisation. A lot of older games had to get it right first time round, now because of content delivery services like Steam and fast internet connections; you can keep shipping update after update. Explain to me how a small indie development team can get optimisation right, whilst AAA developers fail big time to optimise their games? It doesn't make any sense, and it all boils down to laziness, bad publishers, and rushing things out for a quick buck.

8 hours ago, Dalek said:

It's still no excuse for poor optimisation. A lot of older games had to get it right first time round, now because of content delivery services like Steam and fast internet connections; you can keep shipping update after update. Explain to me how a small indie development team can get optimisation right, whilst AAA developers fail big time to optimise their games? It doesn't make any sense, and it all boils down to laziness, bad publishers, and rushing things out for a quick buck.

Think about that for a second...So even after reading that there are millions and trillions of optimizations for all the different component specs out there. If all they did was optimize they would never get to make any games. You must not know how PC's work and what it takes to optimize. It takes developers years to pull all the potential out of consoles...hence why GTA 3 did not look as good as San Andreas...Same console generation but as technology evolved they learned how to utilize what they had to work with alot better than when it first came out. Which is pretty much how things in life go. You suck at things at first but practice makes perfect...Hhmmm that must be where that saying came from...Who'da thunk it.

14 hours ago, JohnNYBlaze said:

Think about that for a second...So even after reading that there are millions and trillions of optimizations for all the different component specs out there. If all they did was optimize they would never get to make any games. You must not know how PC's work and what it takes to optimize. It takes developers years to pull all the potential out of consoles...hence why GTA 3 did not look as good as San Andreas...Same console generation but as technology evolved they learned how to utilize what they had to work with alot better than when it first came out. Which is pretty much how things in life go. You suck at things at first but practice makes perfect...Hhmmm that must be where that saying came from...Who'da thunk it.

My point has nothing to do with consoles. Again, I get that there are dozens of different pieces of hardware you can stick together both new and old which can make it difficult to optimise for PC but older games didn't have this issue. Look at Arkham Knight which was pulled from temporarily pulled from Steam due to how buggy it was. Look at Assassin's Creed: Unity, Sim City 5, No Man's Sky, GTA IV, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, the list goes on. Yes, at times it can be because developers are using a new engine and haven't mastered using their tools, but the issue of bad ports has cropped up a lot more in the last decade than it has in the early 2000s and 90s and I don't think it's lack of knowledge with using their tools.

If a game is unfinished or has serious bugs that need fixing then it needs to be delayed. Simple as that. Again, how can a small indie team have a much more polished game than Ubisoft or some other big developer at launch? It's even more insulting when consoles can run their games perfectly fine on a lower spec, but an expensive PC rig that's 10x more powerful struggles to run the same game? Something doesn't add up.

While I don't solely blame consoles for bad PC ports, developers are limited to what they can do because of consoles as a whole.

You stated yourself that you've only had your gaming rig for the past 6 months, I've been gaming on PC for about 15 years, I know a bad port when I see one, and I have lost my fair share of money due to bad optimisation and lazy developers. Again, there's no excuse for bad ports if we could get them right over a decade ago.

1 hour ago, Dalek said:

Again, how can a small indie team have a much more polished game than Ubisoft or some other big developer at launch?

Big publishers like Ubisoft and Rockstar care more about money and results/ pushing out a game than having a no issued game. They are reason games are so badly optimised in the first place. Indie teams, if they don't polish there game first then it is due to laziness and that I do agree upon but Paratus and Motown are building their dream game and that is the game they have always wanted to play. This is why they will make sure they get it right and try harder than most other developers do.

I don't have the capacity to get into this right now but you can lay blame on the players...if we didnt buy shit for the sake of buying shit then it wouldnt sell. They do it because they can get away with it. That's what the industry has become. And gaming on pc for 6 months has shit to do with anything. I been playing console for over 30 years. I was simply using the analogy to explain to you how long it took them to optimize the ps2 components that were pretty much the same all the way thru. That's just one set up being optimized over years...PC optimizing is harder because of trying to get optimizations out for every different configuration.

I'm by far not saying that there aren't lazy, people taking advantage...but that's not the majority...you have these indie developers trying to make games that Triple A companies take years to make...and the players rush them and bitch n complain about this that or the other, and then they usually want it at a way cheaper price but they want twice the game of that on console...well if you want it then you have to pay for it...sry bud that's unfortunately the way of the world and it won't ever change till WE band together as GAMERS and make them. We are too busy with the pc vs console measuring contest. Or the many other measuring contests in between.

Edited by JohnNYBlaze