AndrewDonaldson

Car Customisation Queries

Can you do engine swaps? That's where you take the engine out of one car and you put it in another car. 

Can you adjust tyre width?

Can you tune a car?

What cars have been confirmed in the game?

• Like 1

@AndrewDonaldsonYou may be able to chop shop a vehicle, but I doubt engine swapping will be an option. There is a mechanics career in Identity so more upgrades could be done through him/her along with tuning/repairing your vehicle. 

You won't be able to customise a vehicle's interior in great detail like you can with the exterior. In saying that, adjusting tire width maybe a bit difficult to achieve but you may be able to purchase tires that have our desired tire width. No cars have been confirmed for the game yet.

@PaulieMariano Yes.

Edited by Sicario

Hopefully nothing too unrealistic. Some people wish to have matte purple and green cars with turbo, really breaks immersion.

3 minutes ago, NickyB said:

Hopefully nothing too unrealistic. Some people wish to have matte purple and green cars with turbo, really breaks immersion.

that might fit into rp if you were in a gang, but it would seem odd in a good neighborhood or a clean/safe area

22 minutes ago, PaulieMariano said:

that might fit into rp if you were in a gang, but it would seem odd in a good neighborhood or a clean/safe area

and you couldn't really trust people not to be dumb with it, so it'd be better off not to allow it.

@Sicario Thanks for the information!

@NickyB I don't think it will be too unrealistic, it wouldn't flow with the serious roleplaying the Devs say this game will be. 

@PaulieMariano I agree, I hope we get nice slick cars, to fit our upper class image!

@Johnny There are stupid people out there. 

Thanks for all the responses guys! Keep up the good work.

Because its the unreal engine, and they are very smart people, i think the driving will be similar to what you might expect from a gta, smooth, but also more realistic in car speeds and control. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grolsche1976 said:

Will we be able to use a wheel whilst driving? Or will it all be mouse and keyboard?

I very much doubt that it will be wheel-supported, I could be wrong but it doesn't seem likely

• Like 1

@Grolsche1976 and @PaulieMariano I swear they said somewhere that they haven't implemented controller or wheel driving in. But they have said that the cars are have realistic damage and controls. Meaning that if your fuel tank is damaged, you slowly lose fuel. Same with driving controls; if its raining, the roads are more slippery and your traction to the road is lowered. I am so pumped for this game! xD

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

Meaning that if your fuel tank is damaged, you slowly lose fuel. Same with driving controls; if its raining, the roads are more slippery and your traction to the road is lowered. I am so pumped for this game! xD

This level of detail, enforcing RP to an awesome degree, is exactly why this game will be legendary

• Like 2

@PaulieMariano Couldn't agree more! The RP side of this game is what I am most excited for. Its going to be nothing like any other games we have seen in the past. I wish there was more I could do to help the Devs other than fund the project. 

P.S Is your name and profile picture based on a movie character?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@PaulieMariano Couldn't agree more! The RP side of this game is what I am most excited for. Its going to be nothing like any other games we have seen in the past. I wish there was more I could do to help the Devs other than fund the project. 

P.S Is your name and profile picture based on a movie character?

Yeah I used to run a dark-RP server on gmod with johnny, and trying to get people to RP was so hard, this game will hopefully make RP almost mandatory so it will be great.

My pic is Michael Corleone from the godfather, and my name is fictional, but i guess you could say that Paulie walnuts from the sopranos inspired it somewhat.

@PaulieMariano I used to run a DarkRP as well. The problem I always faced when attempting to run DarkRP, was the RDMing and nobody taking it seriously. But it will be different in Identity... I hope O.o

• Like 1

If this game does support controller, it will be epic for driving around in. May have to make something up though so I can push the controller away quickly when not needed :)

3 hours ago, Grolsche1976 said:

What? Have you not tried playing Call of duty with a steering wheel? :P

Funny thing is, I have try'd that. Not very good for it at all. It's quite hard I thought

9 hours ago, Chuc said:

Funny thing is, I have try'd that. Not very good for it at all. It's quite hard I thought

Lol, I was only joking. Have you really tried it? I bet that was a laugh lol.

On 2/13/2016 at 6:57 PM, Sicario said:

Is the name @PaulieMariano a distant relative to the Corleone family? Such a cool name.

No Paulie Mariano is completely fictional, although some inspiration came from Paulie Walnuts, from the sopranos.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grolsche1976 said:

Lol, I was only joking. Have you really tried it? I bet that was a laugh lol.

It was pretty funny but I wouldn't do it again