Sign in to follow this  
dastas

size of the map

Roughly 200 KM². As to what the actual dimensions are I have no clue. It's an island, round-ish.

• Like 1

I remember reading somewhere the devs might be planning to increase the map size even more but as far as I know there hasn't been any confirmation on that.

22 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

I remember reading somewhere the devs might be planning to increase the map size even more but as far as I know there hasn't been any confirmation on that.

That could be a possibility but the initial size will be Roughly 200 KM², if it doesn't get made bigger for the initial size.

I think it is more important to have stuff to do then it is to have a big map. You can have a big map and it being empty but having not much to do. When if you did the same amount on a smaller map it could feel like there is a good deal amount to do. This has to do with everything is closer. Not split apart with nothing in between. 

Sure you can start with a big open map. Yet I think it is better to build as you go. When it comes to map sizes. If you need a bigger map for the more content your adding then you increase the size a bit bigger then your need. Fill it up again and then make it bigger. At least this is how I see it.

Yes do note you do not want the map crowded either. You want some space in between stuff so it feels more realistic then just everything mashed together. 

Edited by Xzothi