Sign in to follow this  
Bandarra

Full time Community Manager?

Question

Hello Guys,

I've searched around in the forum but the last info i find regarding a community manager was that they were looking to hire a full time community manager, is there any new info?

I know that most of you that have been around the forum for a long time are giving advises and very useful info, however, as a person that wants to see this game raise, i think that the lack of contact with the community is making this game go down, now a days when you search for Identity RPG on google the most you find is like "Is this a scam?", "should i buy it?", "never realeased", etc.. this is causing a lot of people to re-consider and not support it at all.

In my opinion, a full time community manager with direct contact with the developers/designers, etc... will be extremely useful to improve the progress of the development.

I feel sad when i go to twitter and i see the last message from 2 months ago or when i go to the FAQ in the website and i see "Realease date: early 2017", hope i'm not the only one feeling like this...

PS: please excuse my English, is not my main language.

• Like 1

5 answers to this question

Communication between the supporters and staff is horrible, they need someone talking to the community from the inside.

20 hours ago, EchelonFL said:

Communication between the supporters and staff is horrible, they need someone talking to the community from the inside.

Th moderators, including me relay information to you guys. We ask them questions and if we have an answer, then we give you it. Motown is busy, he has a life on top of 3 important jobs to play in the creation of the game. Also they give information on the streams.

• Like 1

Paratus has a list of people who applied for the job.
We will soon have one. 

I myself also applied! Who knows! Maybe i'll be lucky ^^

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Th moderators, including me relay information to you guys. We ask them questions and if we have an answer, then we give you it. Motown is busy, he has a life on top of 3 important jobs to play in the creation of the game. Also they give information on the streams.

love how a day later they hire a full time manager for this reason lmaooo. 

• Like 2

Well if you were making a game, your dream, and watching all the negative posts spread like wildlife because of some spolied impatient PC posers, would you decide it was worth taking money from development to keep the cry babies happy? Or watch your dreams go down in flames because people just seem entitled. They threw in a few bucks, so it has to be a scam if they aren't notified as much as they feel they deserve.

I really can't understand how ppl expect a dev team, the fraction of the size of a company like Rockstar or Ubisoft. To pump out a game that is huge compared to the games of those huge companies, and they take YEARS TO MAKE games a fraction of the size of Identity. They aren't even in the same catagory as Identity. Have we forgotten what the 1st M in MMORPG stands for? Took Rockstar 7 years to release a video for RDR2. They just don't need your money now, cause they've already gotten it from previous games.

It's bad enough when you have a major investor tell you if you don't change this or that they take their money out. But when your dealing with the general public. You got hundreds or thousands of investors and so many of them each think they are entitled to have whatever questions they want be answered. They don't just take their money out they bitch n complain and try to draw as much attention to the fact they thru in money and they arenxt happy cause the developers aren't jumping when they say so. People like that aren't actually investing, just trying to pretend they are as they, try to get a really impressive game for as little as possible. They really shouldn't have $15 & 30 pledges IMO, 60 or more. 

I assume the devs look at it like money they'd be losing out if they didn't have those lower pledges. Cause they would lose out on the cheapskates. Plenty more way less intresting and less complex games have suceeded at a $60 price tag. But with as much negative attention they have brought was it really worth their $15-$30 self entitled pledge...I'm gonna be really pissed at all the PC pretenders with console pockets. Because it is true for a period of time when you Google'd Identity Rpg you got scam this or scam that...I can tell you right there, when that's the 1st thing ppl see when they google something it DOES affect how ppl see the game.

And if it failed I would blame them and not the developers. How could anyone possibly think that you could be more upset, cause you lose out of your investment, then those guys watching their dreams fall apart cause of retarded impatient ass self entitled posers. Everythinf they sacrificed to be brought down by B.S.!

I know ppl will give me shit about "they can't afford" or "they won't put that kinda money into it till they know if it's gonna get made" That's the difference of PC gaming they need our help to make the game we want. Not our pockets full of lint, or ability to be thrifty. I could've definitely used that money elsewhere in my life, that I pledged. This was my very 1st pledge ever. I bought a HEDT just to play this game. The moment I seen Identity I knew, if they actually pulled it off, it would be truly amazing and I had to be a part of it.

If you simply couldn't afford to put that much. Here's your chance to be a big boy and save up for what you want. Responsibility is good for the soul ;). That's how your goin to get most expensive things in your life...save...so practice now.

I'm glad they have a community manager now, if nothing else but for the cry babies to be happy and not draw anymore bad attention to the game. Though I woulda preferred waiting untill the game was more developed instead of paying this guy outta money that coulda been used to further development a lil faster, then after the 1st module relasesd hit us with a community manager after people see the module and realize this is for real...They actually wanna make this game and make lots of money doin something they love. And not scamming people for a quick small payout. Do ppl want them to make the game or spend the money made from pledges, for development, to pay them to tell us about it?

Edited by JohnNYBlaze