Sethis4Pizza

Will there be voice chat? similar to Gmod?

Is there going to be voice chat? similar to Gmod?

Edited by Sethis4Pizza
I made a whole new thread about my ideas and suggjestions.

54 minutes ago, Sethis4Pizza said:

Is there going to be voice chat? similar to Gmod? And have you guys thought of Marriage and having kids?

Yes, it would also be the preferred method to use in my opinion. The voicing will also be realistic in terms of how far you can hear and through walls.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Villasenor said:

Yes, it would also be the preferred method to use in my opinion. The voicing will also be realistic in terms of how far you can hear and through walls.

Great! Will there be mouth physics when you talk like if I say Pizza or something it will look like the word PIzza came out of my mouth. Instead of just me opening my mouth up and down?

19 minutes ago, Sethis4Pizza said:

Great! Will there be mouth physics when you talk like if I say Pizza or something it will look like the word PIzza came out of my mouth. Instead of just me opening my mouth up and down?

I am not to sure, maybe @LuckyDuck or @Paratus can answer that.

• Like 1

I doubt the mouth physics would be implemented at first, seems like a good amount of work for a minimal payoff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sethis4Pizza said:

Is there going to be voice chat? similar to Gmod?

Voice chat has been Confirmed .

Mouth movement implementation has been Confirmed , however, we're not sure when it will actually be added. It has already been shown off in one of the Q&A with the Developers videos in which Motown (Community Manager) is speaking and his mouth moves.

Edited by xBrianHx
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, xBrianHx said:

Voice chat has been Confirmed .

Mouth movement implementation has been Confirmed , however, we're not sure when it will actually be added. It has already been shown off in one of the Q&A with the Developers videos in which Motown (Community Manager) is speaking and his mouth moves.

Cool! Could you share a link please?

15 hours ago, Sethis4Pizza said:

Cool! Could you share a link please?

You can always look at the kickstarter trailer as that shows the VOIP too. (Mouth Moving)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

You can always look at the kickstarter trailer as that shows the VOIP too. (Mouth Moving)

Thanks.

There will indeed be voice chat. 
It will be focussed around TeamSpeak.

If you have played arma before it will kinda be like TFR ( TaskForceRadio).
But, with some improvements. There will be no need to download any 3rd party software to use the in game voice.
They will implement everything in the game / servers.

For mouth movement, the mouth will go up and down while you speak, advanced mechanics for words when you speak will most likely not happen because it will probably be too difficult to calculate the lip movements from the words that are being spoken.

Hope to have answered your question properly.
Enjoy your day.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

There will indeed be voice chat. 
It will be focussed around TeamSpeak.

If you have played arma before it will kinda be like TFR ( TaskForceRadio).
But, with some improvements. There will be no need to download any 3rd party software to use the in game voice.
They will implement everything in the game / servers.

For mouth movement, the mouth will go up and down while you speak, advanced mechanics for words when you speak will most likely not happen because it will probably be too difficult to calculate the lip movements from the words that are being spoken.

Hope to have answered your question properly.
Enjoy your day.

Thanks!

As said previously, both voice chat is confirmed and the mouth movement is confirmed, but I doubt they would implement movement as if you for example is saying "Pizza" and then the mouth would move like if you said the word, 'cause that would take a whole lot of their time to implement thousands of words that the mouth should move in different ways.

29 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

As said previously, both voice chat is confirmed and the mouth movement is confirmed, but I doubt they would implement movement as if you for example is saying "Pizza" and then the mouth would move like if you said the word, 'cause that would take a whole lot of their time to implement thousands of words that the mouth should move in different ways.

Basically what I just said?

28 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

No, they wouldn’t have to make every word just the letter sounds and word sound movements.

33 minutes ago, Sethis4Pizza said:

No, they wouldn’t have to make every word just the letter sounds and word sound movements.

Not really, 'cause if somebody for example says "Psychologist", the character would animate the P, which it shouldn't :P

6 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

Not really, 'cause if somebody for example says "Psychologist", the character would animate the P, which it shouldn't :P

Yes really because it would use s sound for it and that’s how people animate they make mouth movements for recording. It’s possible. Period.

5 minutes ago, Sethis4Pizza said:

Yes really because it would use s sound for it and that’s how people animate they make mouth movements for recording. It’s possible. Period.

Maybe, but then they have to sit down and take a WHOLE lot of words, including "Psychologist" where they have to remove the P, so that it doesn't make the P-animation with it's mouth. That would again take a whole lot of their time. :P

6 minutes ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

Maybe, but then they have to sit down and take a WHOLE lot of words, including "Psychologist" where they have to remove the P, so that it doesn't make the P-animation with it's mouth. That would again take a whole lot of their time. :P

Omg it would make the s movement. obviously. Phy sounds like sy >_>

14 minutes ago, Sethis4Pizza said:

Omg it would make the s movement. obviously. Phy sounds like sy >_>

What you said is, that they just have to make the letter-sound movements.

First, the game has to recognize 100% of what you're saying, if it should make the lips move excactly as you said the words. That's not gonna happen, as some people doesn't have a 800$-microphone, so some microphones will be pretty bad, and the game wouldn't recognize all of the words you're saying or it maybe recognize it wrong.

Second, if the software first should recognize the word you're saying, and then spell it (in it's system) and then make the movements compared to which letters the word includes, the system would then also make the movement for P, unless if they sit down and makes a filter of words that is pronounced in a different way as it's spelled.

And that would take too much of their time, so it's easier to just make the lips go up and down.

Edited by MikaFromDenmark
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

What you said is, that they just have to make the letter-sound movements.

First, the game has to recognize 100% of what you're saying, if it should make the lips move excactly as you said the words. That's not gonna happen, as some people doesn't have a 800$-microphone, so some microphones will be pretty bad, and the game wouldn't recognize all of the words you're saying or it maybe recognize it wrong.

Second, if the software first should recognize the word you're saying, and then spell it (in it's system) and then make the movements compared to which letters the word includes, the system would then also make the movement for P, unless if they sit down and makes a filter of words that is pronounced in a different way as it's spelled.

And that would take too much of their time, so it's easier to just make the lips go up and down.

Whatever. I guess.

Edited by Sethis4Pizza