7 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

You have to show me how to make one!

Send me a message, it's pretty simple.

7 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Did you buy the domain?

Would if I could afford it xD

Free domain.

The Hamilton Party has some fantastic points in which is why I will be voting for Brian Hamilton as governor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Treyler said:

The Hamilton Party has some fantastic points in which is why I will be voting for Brian Hamilton as governor.

He's definitely my 2ND choice! 

Bringing the thread back!

One of my first acts of being Governor, will be working on tackling Gender Discrimination and helping to promote LGBTQ+ rights!

Learn more on our website.

Edited by BrianHamilton
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2017 at 4:46 PM, BrianHamilton said:

Thank you :)
You're always welcome to share your thoughts and opinions on our policies.

We feel that whilst all jobs are important and contribute massively to society, without the Emergency Services people might not be able to get from their own homes to work safely and crime would be incredibly high making some jobs such as storekeepers useless if people knew they could simply rob with no one to stop them. The Emergency Services are quite possibly the most important and perhaps even most hardworking job within in this community which is why we feel they should be paid the highest salary.

Polices and laws regarding drugs will be updated shortly.

For the LGBTQIA+ marriage answer, see the next quote.

Every religious establishment is welcome to their own beliefs and views and do not need to marry LGBTQ+ members if they do not wish to due to their faith. However, there are many Christian churches within the world which allow equal marriage as the world is constantly changing, including religious beliefs.

As stated above, every religious establishment is welcome to their own beliefs and views but there will definitely be designated places where LGBTQIA+ people will be able to get married should they wish to do so.

Our Anti-Gun policy will be set to ensure the safety and security of all of our citizens. While many may argue that they would feel safer with a gun, many accidents happen from citizen-held guns all of the time so that's why we decided to restrict them.

As currently within the United States, individuals can apply for licences (various licences for different types of guns), however, these will only be given out to selected individuals who will only be using these firearms for hunting and defending crops/livestock and, of course, for Law Enforcement Officers.

Can you even change the pay of Emergency Services.. Also taxes would be off the charts for fucks sake

Edit: Nvm I didn't completly read i'm a dipshit sorry

Edited by YouKnowBro

lmXIiw9ySReZ1-lSj1iwyQ.png

We have now launched a brand new website!

Click the text above to visit!

We will also no longer be accepting applications to join our team via Google Forms. Instead, we will be using our own, brand new form submission system!

Please take a look at the new website and let us know what your thoughts are on it!

Edited by BrianHamilton
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2017 at 6:30 PM, BrianHamilton said:

Anti-Guns. We realize that many of you feel that this may be a violation of the United States Second Amendment, however, our community is one of many and varied nationalities and cultures and so, for the safety and comfortability of all citizens, firearms will be restricted to Law Enforcement officers, farmers and other licensed individuals.

•  
  • Illegal Firearm Ownership - 48 Hours (2 Days) & $1000
  •  

On 8/20/2017 at 3:46 PM, BrianHamilton said:

As currently within the United States, individuals can apply for licences (various licences for different types of guns), however, these will only be given out to selected individuals who will only be using these firearms for hunting and defending crops/livestock and, of course, for Law Enforcement Officers.

Ok, so in these two quotes, you say that Firearms will be illegal except for purposes of hunting, defending crops/livestock, and for Law Enforcement. I was reading your website and noticed you have a security team. How do you expect them to be able to protect you and your party if they cannot have firearms? I would find that somewhat a bad situation to be in personally. I mean sure, there are plenty of non-firearm weapons, but you don't bring a knife to a gun fight. This just doesn't seem to work, especially with the multitude of Security Companies and Gunsmiths who rely on firearms for their livelihood. Ultimately I disagree with the Anti-Firearm policy, but I would like to understand how you intend to protect your party without firearms. Because obviously if your security team or whatever firm you contract your protection to uses firearms, you would be branded a hypocrite. 

Edited by slovaceck

9 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

Ok, so in these two quotes, you say that Firearms will be illegal except for purposes of hunting, defending crops/livestock, and for Law Enforcement. I was reading your website and noticed you have a security team. How do you expect them to be able to protect you and your party if they cannot have firearms? I would find that somewhat a bad situation to be in personally. I mean sure, there are plenty of non-firearm weapons, but you don't bring a knife to a gun fight. This just doesn't seem to work, especially with the multitude of Security Companies and Gunsmiths who rely on firearms for their livelihood. Ultimately I disagree with the Anti-Firearm policy, but I would like to understand how you intend to protect your party without firearms. Because obviously if your security team or whatever firm you contract your protection to uses firearms, you will be branded a hypocrite. 

Okay, firstly, that escalated from 0-100 real quick. Let's keep the insulting to a minimum, eh?

Our Security Team will, of course, have firearms so long as they possess a legal and valid gun licence. The Security Team will be government-funded law enforcement officers tasked with protecting our party members within the government. So they have already been mentioned within the thread and the website via law enforcement.

Any other questions?

Note: As stated at the top of this thread, the website will contain the most up-to-date information and this thread is outdated. The purpose of keeping this thread available is solely for the promotion of the party and to provide a rough outline of the party's views.

Edited by BrianHamilton

@BrianHamilton

Apologies if that seemed insulting to you, I personally did not think it was when I wrote it. My bad. 

So your political party, a non-government entity, will use government employed individuals and take them off the streets of Identity where they could be protecting citizens and have them protecting your party? So your security team that you have listed on your website are going to be Law Enforcement Officers? 

Edited by slovaceck

5 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

Apologies if that seemed insulting to you, but I personally did not think it was when I wrote it. My bad. 

So your political party, a non-government entity, will use government employed individuals and take them off the streets of Identity where they could be protecting citizens and have them protecting your party? So your security team that you have listed on your website are going to be Law Enforcement Officers? 

Let's clear this up quickly but firstly, let's break character and go OUT of roleplay. Let's look at real life quickly.

The FBI, CIA and your everyday standard police officers are all a form of Law Enforcement. The only difference is that they work in separate departments and do different tasks, however, they are all capable of making an arrest. This will be how our Security Team will work. They will be a form of Law Enforcement, however, their department will be government-based, protecting important individuals from the party and being positioned during important events such as large press conferences, etc. In addition, police officers would, as they would in real life, also be available at such an event.

I hope that helps to clarify that issue.

To correct your statement of: "your political party, a non-government entity", The Hamilton Party is a form of representation (a "face" if you like, or even a "symbol") behind my candidacy for the Governor seat, however, they are also, much more importantly, the people who help to make it all happen. From the Public Relations Team to the Security Team and the Advertisers to the Website Translators, every member of our team helps my campaign to operate. I'm sure you understand that.

@BrianHamilton

I understand that, but in earlier posts you have said that you would want to keep the number of officers on the streets high. I don't see why you should be taking officers away from protecting the people to protect your party when there are many Security Companies such as Atlas and Alpha Military who would gladly provide that security and peace of mind. 

Also, to clarify my statement, by "your political party, a non-government entity" I mean that your party is not the government, therefore why should the Police Department be protecting you. I am also going to clarify in saying law enforcement, the only form of law enforcement within Identity, as stated by the developers, will be the clearly uniformed police. There will not be a Secret Service to protect political parties. And a uniformed Police Officer would be obligated to respond to calls, even while protecting you, correct? As they are on duty. Do correct me if I am wrong. 

Finally, although I'm not sure if this would be a question more for the developers, when a Police Officer is off duty, are they still able to carry a firearm that they are entitled to while on duty? I ask this because when off duty, a Police Officer is a private citizen, and would have to apply for the normal licenses, regardless of whether or not they work as a Police Officer. 

43 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

@BrianHamilton

I understand that, but in earlier posts you have said that you would want to keep the number of officers on the streets high. I don't see why you should be taking officers away from protecting the people to protect your party when there are many Security Companies such as Atlas and Alpha Military who would gladly provide that security and peace of mind. 

Also, to clarify my statement, by "your political party, a non-government entity" I mean that your party is not the government, therefore why should the Police Department be protecting you. I am also going to clarify in saying law enforcement, the only form of law enforcement within Identity, as stated by the developers, will be the clearly uniformed police. There will not be a Secret Service to protect political parties. And a uniformed Police Officer would be obligated to respond to calls, even while protecting you, correct? As they are on duty. Do correct me if I am wrong. 

Finally, although I'm not sure if this would be a question more for the developers, when a Police Officer is off duty, are they still able to carry a firearm that they are entitled to while on duty? I ask this because when off duty, a Police Officer is a private citizen, and would have to apply for the normal licenses, regardless of whether or not they work as a Police Officer. 

Have you ever been to or even seen a public press conference? There's always police officers there. Why don't you ask them why they are "taking officers away from protecting the people"? What about concerts? Or Pride events? There's always police there. Why? To keep the people safe.

The police officers and Security Team are there to ensure the safety of EVERYONE at the event, however, the Security Team are simply more focused on the party. However, that's not to say they won't assist the public. It's just that it's more of the main police's job to do that.

Police are important at these types of events. Concerts might have private security, however, there will always be A LOT of police at the events too. So why should we hire a private security company such as Atlas when we have our own private security and the police force. Regardless of what the event is, if it will attract a lot of attention, police will most likely be needed.

No offence, but that is just common sense.

You don't need to "educate" me on anything. You may have been a community member for almost 2 years now but I have roughly double your content count meaning I have been much more involved within the community than you have. I'm not trying to make it a competition however, my point is that I have been keeping track of changes within the community either every day or every other day since I joined. I am well aware of the developer's statements in regards to the police however you are wrong. There will also be detectives, even though they may or may not be uniformed the same as other police officers.

Our Security Team, as has been discussed already with every member of my party's Security Team, will be provided with free security clothing once the island is fully released and we have had time to get set up (since it will obviously take time once the island opens to get started. The Devs have already said people will start out in lower-paying jobs such as taxi drivers or delivery drivers, etc. and work their way up). We will design our clothing and provide it to the Security Team as a form of identification.

There will be enough police officers to cover the rest of the island and to attend any important government events too. Officers appointed to one of our events should report in that they are unavailable for callouts as they are at one of these government events. All it takes is some simple communication. There will be plenty of other units available. Think of real life, imagine being a police officer appointed to a concert. If that's where you've been positioned, you stay until the end of the concert and until you've been told otherwise. You don't leave to respond to another call. You let other officers do that. I've corrected you.

Your final question seems much more of a question for the Developers as I'm not sure how they plan on working that. However, the licences are personal to the individual person. As for the firearms, we don't yet know as it's far too early to know about that yet. Perhaps if you asked a developer or one of the Moderators they could tell you. However, for roleplaying sakes just now, until we know otherwise, if you are a police officer, the guns belong to the police department so, if you are fired from your job, you would have to return your weapon. As for going off-shift, we don't yet know.

Are you done?

Edited by BrianHamilton
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Have you ever been to or even seen a public press conference? There's always police officers there. Why don't you ask them why they are "taking officers away from protecting the people"? What about concerts? Or Pride events? There's always police there. Why? To keep the people safe.

The police officers and Security Team are there to ensure the safety of EVERYONE at the event, however, the Security Team are simply more focused on the party. However, that's not to say they won't assist the public. It's just that it's more of the main police's job to do that.

Police are important at these types of events. Concerts might have private security, however, there will always be A LOT of police at the events too. So why should we hire a private security company such as Atlas when we have our own private security and the police force. Regardless of what the event is, if it will attract a lot of attention, police will most likely be needed.

No offence, but that is just common sense.

You don't need to "educate" me on anything. You may have been a community member for almost 2 years now but I have roughly double your content count meaning I have been much more involved within the community than you have. I'm not trying to make it a competition however, my point is that I have been keeping track of changes within the community either every day or every other day since I joined. I am well aware of the developer's statements in regards to the police however you are wrong. There will also be detectives, even though they may or may not be uniformed the same as other police officers.

Our Security Team, as has been discussed already with every member of my party's Security Team, will be provided with free security clothing once the island is fully released and we have had time to get set up (since it will obviously take time once the island opens to get started. The Devs have already said people will start out in lower-paying jobs such as taxi drivers or delivery drivers, etc.) and work their way up. We will design our clothing and provide it to the Security Team as a form of identification.

There will be enough police officers to cover the rest of the island and to attend any important government events too. Officers appointed to one of our events should report in that they are unavailable for callouts as they are at one of these government events. All it takes is some simple communication. There will be plenty of other units available. Think of real life, imagine being a police officer appointed to a concert. If that's where you've been positioned, you stay until the end of the concert and until you've been told otherwise. You don't leave to respond to another call. You let other officers do that. I've corrected you.

Your final question seems much more of a question for the Developers as I'm not sure how they plan on working that. However, the licences are personal to the individual person. As for the firearms, we don't yet know as it's far too early to know about that yet. Perhaps if you asked a developer or one of the Moderators they could tell you. However, for roleplaying sakes just now, until we know otherwise, if you are a police officer, the guns belong to the police department so, if you are fired from your job, you would have to return your weapon. As for going off-shift, we don't yet know.

Are you done?

Sure, I guess we can end this if you don't want to continue. I appreciate your points and I think you will be a pretty good candidate for governor. I agree with the majority of your policies, I just dislike the firearms policy you have decided on. Thank you for engaging in a debate with me. It was fun, and I hope you did not think I was attempting to attack you. 

Good luck with your campaign, and all the best wishes to you and your party. 

I just wanted to clarify at the conferences there are usually cops as well as private security. The cops because of the large public gathering in a public area...and private security for the private buildings safety. Wont go in detail but there is both.

Sorry if you knew, just wanted to clarify

• Like 1

Do you support free market economics? and will you have any control over businesses, big or small?

Thanks

Edited by Micky_Tohmpson

1 hour ago, gabzo said:

I just wanted to clarify at the conferences there are usually cops as well as private security. The cops because of the large public gathering in a public area...and private security for the private buildings safety. Wont go in detail but there is both.

Sorry if you knew, just wanted to clarify

Exactly what I was trying to say earlier. Our own personal security are in charge of ensuring the safety of our employees at these large events (such as conferences), however, they will also assist the public where possible, although, that will mainly be the job of the police. The police are more focused on crowd control and our security are more focused on the safety of our staff.

58 minutes ago, Micky_Tohmpson said:

Do you support free market economics? and will you have any control over businesses, big or small?

Thanks

Unfortunately, we haven't looked into "free market economics" much, however, it will definitely be something which we'll aim to look at in the near future and as we approach the opening of the Town Square!

As for control over businesses, all businesses are independently run by the founder and/or CEO of those businesses. How their business runs is dependent on their actions and we cannot force any business to act or perform in a certain way unless the business is currently violating a law in which they will be fined and required to make actions accordingly to prevent it from occurring again.

As part of our Employment Opportunities Act, we will be reaching out to businesses to create strong partnerships and affiliations to create more vacancies for the unemployed. In return, we offer the businesses more traffic and advertisement and the possibility of ourselves using their service in the future.

Under a separate character, I currently own Hamilton Homes which is a real estate business. This will be under a separate character entirely and should not, in any way at all be considered to be related with The Hamilton Party. This is clearly stated on the Hamilton Homes thread and on the Hamilton Homes website.

Hamilton Homes is it's own, independent business which isn't affiliated with any political organisations or parties.

Apologies, I accidentally pressed on CTRL+Enter and sent it too early.

Edited by BrianHamilton
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2017 at 9:01 PM, BrianHamilton said:

lmXIiw9ySReZ1-lSj1iwyQ.png

We have now launched a brand new website!

Click the text above to visit!

We will also no longer be accepting applications to join our team via Google Forms. Instead, we will be using our own, brand new form submission system!

Please take a look at the new website and let us know what your thoughts are on it!

WOW, I just looked through the site and it is absolutely amazing!

The detail, clean design and stunning artwork is just something else!

Well done Hamilton, you are leading in the world of website politics for sure!

I'll have to follow suit!

-Marie-Clare Bouchard

-Founder and President of "The Front National.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1