TheHellmare

Difficult stealth paths for bank heists

Bank robberies are one of many illegal activities that criminals may participate in. The take all depends on the amount of cops present at the scene. Basically: Higher Difficulty=Bigger Payout. However, I think it would be cool if you could put some more creativity in the planning and perhaps even complete a majority of the heist in a cop-free phase. Police chasing the crew after the scene is inevitable, but atleast there wouldn't be cops swarming when you crack the vault (with a lot of added effort of course to pull off). Perhaps even being able to tip off inside workers to arrange something that'll help the crew such as disarming the radio transceivers that detonate she packs in cash or looping camera feed. 

14 hours ago, TheHellmare said:

Bank robberies are one of many illegal activities that criminals may participate in. The take all depends on the amount of cops present at the scene. Basically: Higher Difficulty=Bigger Payout. However, I think it would be cool if you could put some more creativity in the planning and perhaps even complete a majority of the heist in a cop-free phase. Police chasing the crew after the scene is inevitable, but atleast there wouldn't be cops swarming when you crack the vault (with a lot of added effort of course to pull off). Perhaps even being able to tip off inside workers to arrange something that'll help the crew such as disarming the radio transceivers that detonate she packs in cash or looping camera feed. 

I'm thinking the more cops are on the more money is in the vault. I'd like to plan out my heists too. PM me if you're looking for a crew.

5 minutes ago, NyanRadscorpion said:

I'm thinking the more cops are on the more money is in the vault. I'd like to plan out my heists too. PM me if you're looking for a crew.

That part has been confirmed already, but I'm suggesting a possible sneaky route which will take skill for sure. A well rewarding way to handle things

11 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

That part has been confirmed already, but I'm suggesting a possible sneaky route which will take skill for sure. A well rewarding way to handle things

oh, yeah that would be cool.

14 hours ago, TheHellmare said:

The way it works, is that cops will respond straight away as they are players and so they won't give any chance for the criminals to get away. Also yes, it is a High risk = High reward system. If you get out of the bank after cops responding then you will get a chance for the police chase but, the cops won't give you the chance if they can avoid it. That is not how it happens in real life and the same in this game.

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The way it works, is that cops will respond straight away as they are players and so they won't give any chance for the criminals to get away. Also yes, it is a High risk = High reward system. If you get out of the bank after cops responding then you will get a chance for the police chase but, the cops won't give you the chance if they can avoid it. That is not how it happens in real life and the same in this game.

I understand what you mean there, LuckyDuck. But isn't it the cameras inside of the bank which mark the armed robbers and thus notify police? Couldn't the criminal gang devise a plan which would delay police notification in some way such as looping camera feed from a tipped off insider or something? That aswell as holding hostages to prevent calls to emergency services (assuming players physically hold their phones in game at use). I know this is just a suggestions thread but I think there should be someway to atleast temporarily keep word of the robbery from getting out there immediately to the law enforcements. 

5 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

I understand what you mean there, LuckyDuck. But isn't it the cameras inside of the bank which mark the armed robbers and thus notify police? Couldn't the criminal gang devise a plan which would delay police notification in some way such as looping camera feed from a tipped off insider or something? That aswell as holding hostages to prevent calls to emergency services (assuming players physically hold their phones in game at use). I know this is just a suggestions thread but I think there should be someway to atleast temporarily keep word of the robbery from getting out there immediately to the law enforcements. 

No, the alarm is automatically triggered. You can take hostages but it won't stop the alarm being triggered. That will just stop the police charging in the bank.

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

No, the alarm is automatically triggered. You can take hostages but it won't stop the alarm being triggered. That will just stop the police charging in the bank.

But what if the alarm dont triggers instantly when the armed ones go into the bank but triggers when they take money from the Vault? it would give the Robbers a little more time to get away but not too much so its still not easy. 

5 minutes ago, Ragnar said:

But what if the alarm dont triggers instantly when the armed ones go into the bank but triggers when they take money from the Vault? it would give the Robbers a little more time to get away but not too much so its still not easy. 

The alarm would trigger when you start to open the safe.

• Like 1

Not unless you get the Bank Manager and he opens the vault there for no alarms, lets try to keep it as close to real life as we can LUCKDUCK.

9 hours ago, General_Reece_Fel said:

Not unless you get the Bank Manager and he opens the vault there for no alarms, lets try to keep it as close to real life as we can LUCKDUCK.

There will be no "Bankers (players)" or even guards in the Bank. 

Yes correct LUCKY but it can be implimented into the AI "Lets say a Bank Mgr". Meaning it would be up to the computer to give them the Access Card or not, if he does not then he will press the hidden alarm, depending on the situation an the threat they pose! What do you think LUCKYDUCK? :):)

21 minutes ago, General_Reece_Fel said:

Yes correct LUCKY but it can be implimented into the AI "Lets say a Bank Mgr". Meaning it would be up to the computer to give them the Access Card or not, if he does not then he will press the hidden alarm, depending on the situation an the threat they pose! What do you think LUCKYDUCK? :):)

They don't want it too easy, for bank robberies and that is why as soon as the bank starts being robbed, the police are notified and well S.W.A.T. will arrive and then you have to fight your way and that is why you need a plan, organisation and a escape plan with more than route as back ups to succeed!

20 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

So I essentially need a team of like, 8+ to ever make it you're saying?

I would say 4 at least, otherwise the money will not be worth it when split, and I would say 5 is a great number while 6 pushing it. I would say 3 is ok, 4 is great and 5 is good.

So long as my crippling anxiety doesn't break me down first! I hope there are some banks that are smaller and larger though. Maybe one farther in the outskirts of town. Tiny and easier to tacking with a smaller gang. 4 sounds about average but 2-3 would be generous if possible

"We'll try to make it as close to Payday as we possible can, MMO wise."

This was said on this evening's stream regarding bank robberies. There was a mutual agreement on the stream that Payday is a fun game. And I have to agree. Both of the games. Even though they are money hungry with their DLC. :P 

Edit: I don't know how they can make it close to Payday if there are no guards.

Edited by Genesai

5 minutes ago, Genesai said:

"We'll try to make it as close to Payday as we possible can, MMO wise."

This was said on this evening's stream regarding bank robberies. There was a mutual agreement on the stream that Payday is a fun game. And I have to agree. Both of the games. Even though they are money hungry with their DLC. :P 

Hey where can I find these streams?

5 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

Hey where can I find these streams?

https://www.twitch.tv/identityrpg

"Gaming Hour will now be on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday @ 4:00 PM EST to 5:00 PM EST. Monday's and Friday's Gaming Hours will be spent hard at work on Identity, as we get closer to Town Square release!"