LVCIFER

will the beta release after Town Square is finished?

Hey guys! just wondering if the beta will release after the Town Square is finished, Considering buying the founders addition because this game looks awesome to play. thank you guys

24 minutes ago, LVCIFER said:

Hey guys! just wondering if the beta will release after the Town Square is finished, Considering buying the founders addition because this game looks awesome to play. thank you guys

The BETA is after all 3 modules and not before. So BETA will be the closest thing to the full release of the game.

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The BETA is after all 3 modules and not before. So BETA will be the closest thing to the full release of the game.

what about the pre-alpha? when will people allow to even play the game?

5 minutes ago, LVCIFER said:

what about the pre-alpha? when will people allow to even play the game?

The Modules are Alpha stages. The first being the Town Square and there is no ETA on that. I would like to hope it will be out by the end of August but that is my thoughts and nothing official.

7 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

The Modules are Alpha stages. The first being the Town Square and there is no ETA on that. I would like to hope it will be out by the end of August but that is my thoughts and nothing official.

and when that module is out we will be able to play it? 

6 minutes ago, LVCIFER said:

and when that module is out we will be able to play it? 

If you have the founder pledge or higher

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

If you have the founder pledge or higher

thank you very much, im going to pledge this weekend

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, LuckyDuck said:

If that is the case since I have read it both ways.  Then it should be changed on the official town square information section.  http://www.identityrpg.com/info/modules/townsquare/    It says in the first sentence I quote "The Town Square is the first Identity module set for release, available to all pledgers with access to the game beta testing phases."  

8 hours ago, Xzothi said:

If that is the case since I have read it both ways.  Then it should be changed on the official town square information section.  http://www.identityrpg.com/info/modules/townsquare/    It says in the first sentence I quote "The Town Square is the first Identity module set for release, available to all pledgers with access to the game beta testing phases."  

No, that is perfectly fine because if you buy into the Beta (Founder +) then you have access to the earlier modules.... The Beta is after all 3 modules have been released and only those who buy into the beta phase will get access to the modules which are earlier. Beta is the closest thing to the full game and so the Modules are not a Beta phase.

17 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

No, that is perfectly fine because if you buy into the Beta (Founder +) then you have access to the earlier modules.... The Beta is after all 3 modules have been released and only those who buy into the beta phase will get access to the modules which are earlier. Beta is the closest thing to the full game and so the Modules are not a Beta phase.

So your saying no one will have access when it comes out then? If I read what you say it would seem no one gets access to it once it is released. Since even the kickstarter backers do not have access to alpha. According to the backer rewards.  I know what beta means. I am just saying that according to what is said everyone who has bought into a beta access(Closed or otherwise.) get into the town square module. According to what is said officially on the site. Not that the square module it self is really a beta. 

Edited by Xzothi

8 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

So your saying no one will have access when it comes out then? If I read what you say it would seem no one gets access to it once it is released. Since even the kickstarter backers do not have access to alpha. According to the backer rewards.  I know what beta means. I am just saying that according to what is said everyone who has bought into a beta access(Closed or otherwise.) get into the town square module.  Not that the square module it self is really a beta. 

You miss read my reply. If you buy in as a Beta User, then you automatically get access to the Modules when released, which are an Alpha stage. It is clearly stated.

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You miss read my reply. If you buy in as a Beta User, then you automatically get access to the Modules, which are an Alpha stage. It is clearly stated.

Yes it is stated also in my replys. Since I been only talking about access or not. Since I have been a bit confused here and there of the comments on this topic.  On whether there is access or not to all backers. Once released.(I think the Kickstarter backers should maybe get it a bit earlier though. Since according to the backer rewards they get closed beta not beta like it says on the web page. Unless it meant one of the other modules will be that way.) 

22 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

Yes it is stated also in my replys. Since I been only talking about access or not. Since I have been a bit confused here and there of the comments on this topic.  On whether there is access or not to all backers. Once released.(I think the Kickstarter backers should maybe get it a bit earlier though. Since according to the backer rewards they get closed beta not beta like it says on the web page. Unless it meant one of the other modules will be that way.) 

Yeah, the access is the same on kickstarter and from the website backers. It would be nice if the kickstarter backers have access earlier to the modules but is not the case here, those with access to Beta and the modules will get access at the same time I do believe.

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yeah, the access is the same on kickstarter and from the website backers. It would be nice if the kickstarter backers have access earlier to the modules but is not the case here, those with access to Beta and the modules will get access at the same time I do believe.

Okay thank you. Forgive me for the confusion. Just as I said what I have read really confused me a bit. I know I also kinda lashed out as well. Just really wanted to be clear if it is wrong. It should be changed on the official page at least. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xzothi said:

Okay thank you. Forgive me for the confusion. Just as I said what I have read really confused me a bit. I know I also kinda lashed out as well. Just really wanted to be clear if it is wrong. It should be changed on the official page at least. 

The new website will launch soon enough and so no point them changing stuff yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KennyBatin17 said:

There is going to be a new website? @LuckyDuck does this mean we will have to reclaim our pledge just like kickstarter pledgers had to do on this website?

No, this is not needed this time :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Radack said:

No, this is not needed this time :)

That's great, so it's bacially a swap over, all current data and stuff for profiles as well as fundings will be moved over so I'll still be a citizen with 6 Rep, and I'll still have founder pack and won't have to reclaim? @LuckyDuck

Edited by KennyBatin17
Didnt tag

30 minutes ago, KennyBatin17 said:

That's great, so it's bacially a swap over, all current data and stuff for profiles as well as fundings will be moved over so I'll still be a citizen with 6 Rep, and I'll still have founder pack and won't have to reclaim? @LuckyDuck

I do not believe you have to reclaim it like Radack (like the other moderator) said

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I do not believe you have to reclaim it like Radack (like the other moderator) said

I hope not