TheCobra

Clothes branding?

Not entirely sure where to post this question. Sorry if its in the wrong section :D Anyway, im thinking about clothes and cars here. Will there be branding on them? And if so, will it be brands from real life? Nike, Adidas, Audi, Bmw, and so on? Or will it be brands created by the game? 

Yes, That would be very nice. But I don't think that would be possible due to legal reasons. They might. But this is just a good guess.

Hope this helps!

After watching the intro video, and seeing what look like vehicle sketches, I'm hoping that we will be able to design or own content, like vehicles, homes, etc., that could be added to the game. Even if it's just as a contest prize out something. It would be awesome to see content creators not just creating maps with post items imo.

Legally it would cost money to techniqually refrence a brand, but we can make our own I'm sure. I'm planning to farm tabacco and turn them into my brand names cigarettes, Cowboy Killers.

• Like 1

On one hand it would be awesome to have the real branding (being able to own an Audi or BMW or some shit :D) but on the other hand it would be cool if business men could make their own branding.. that would make for pretty cool clothing competiton and business :P

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TheCobra said:

Not entirely sure where to post this question. Sorry if its in the wrong section :D Anyway, im thinking about clothes and cars here. Will there be branding on them? And if so, will it be brands from real life? Nike, Adidas, Audi, Bmw, and so on? Or will it be brands created by the game? 

Most likely, they're going to head down the GTA route, where they take already existing cars/brands and either spoof them with a different name or remodel them a bit so that they can skip post Copyright laws.

Just now, DrFelixPhD said:

Most likely, they're going to head down the GTA route, where they take already existing cars/brands and either spoof them with a different name or remodel them a bit so that they can skip post Copyright laws.

Yea i think you're right. I dont really know how much it would cost to have the real brands in, but its prolly a lot :P

• Like 1

They should pay the developers for advertising their vehicles in a video game. 

Cheap copy written car owners.

Just now, TheCobra said:

Yea i think you're right. I dont really know how much it would cost to have the real brands in, but its prolly a lot :P

Indeed :3 Especially with the bigger ones, I can imagine the costs get quite high. However, I do know that R* spend a vast amount of money acquiring licenses to use music on the in-game radio stations though.

Just now, NutterButter said:

They should pay the developers for advertising their vehicles in a video game. 

Cheap copy written car owners.

Thats what i thought! If i owned a car company, i would only see it as cheap advertisement xD

I'm sure like NutterButter said, People will probably create their own brand for items, and the other things will probably look like a brand you know, but not have the name. I'm sure they'd like the idea that the players create the world. That is how I see this whole thing working. They give us the tools, we create the world. 

Edited by Nave95
  • Like 2

Indeed. Video games are probably one of the biggest advertisers to those that use them. 

Everyone's always watching advertisments for the next phone or car, but where is always the question, I remember a lot of stuff from games that are commonly seen, most the vehicles in gtav the guns in red dead, in halo, the outfits in mass effect, I recall a lot and all they got to do is let it in. 

I love sprite, and sprunk from gtav has always stayed with me. Lol.

Just saying, they could be called it sprite and I'd prob go get a sprite from the store and enjoy a sip as my character throws his can, also refilling his health :I and my parched mouth.

1 hour ago, NutterButter said:

Indeed. Video games are probably one of the biggest advertisers to those that use them. 

Everyone's always watching advertisments for the next phone or car, but where is always the question, I remember a lot of stuff from games that are commonly seen, most the vehicles in gtav the guns in red dead, in halo, the outfits in mass effect, I recall a lot and all they got to do is let it in. 

I love sprite, and sprunk from gtav has always stayed with me. Lol.

Just saying, they could be called it sprite and I'd prob go get a sprite from the store and enjoy a sip as my character throws his can, also refilling his health :I and my parched mouth.

Don't forget E-Cola - it's deliciously infectious!