26 members have voted

1. 1. Should they add this

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How long does it take?

• Around 30 minutes
    • Around 60 minutes
    • Around 15 minutes

I cannot vote on this because the second question ONLY works if you voted YES. I want to vote NO and keep it at that, which is impossible without voting on question number 2.

So my answer is NO, without voting.

I agree on the developers point of view on this. Adding anything that can fly (besides perhaps a recreational hang glider) will reduce immersion when traveling the island. You wouldn't run into encounters you'd otherwise have when driving or walking from point A to B. The island would feel rather small. Helicopters is what ruined Life mods. There's a 99% chance this won't happen. And I'm more than happy with that.

• Like 1

Okay, so I see there is a lot of hate for aircraft for lack of depth. I understand that most people are afraid of everyone flying helicopters from point A to B and ruining that meeting instance. Here is my opposition to this. I am currently going for my pilots license and ITS REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT!

Seriously, just to fly a small aircraft has costed me over $10k and I still have to get it. So my thought on this would be if the activity was costly and time consuming where it might not seem worthy to most people. Also, the govt, police, etc. could hire air traffic controllers that see all aircraft in the air except at low altitudes (similar to GTA), but have access on a radio frequency to each aircraft.

Also, there can be no illegal aircraft. Unregistered aircraft is a major offense, unless it's an experimental used for test flights in the USA. So air traffic would be able to recognize who has each aircraft. It would eliminate everyone having an aircraft.

May I suggest a pilot school along with about 2 hours of flight time in a training aircraft that is monitored for collisions and location. If it was used for illegal activities, it would be easy to find. Heck, I'd personally teach the pilots myself

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mjrekich said:

Okay, so I see there is a lot of hate for aircraft for lack of depth. I understand that most people are afraid of everyone flying helicopters from point A to B and ruining that meeting instance.

It's a choice the developers made for those reasons and perhaps other reasons they haven't mentioned. So this is how it's going to be.

Having a training is not the issue here. The things you propose @mjrekich could work, for sure, but it still doesn't change the fact the island is just too small for it. I've noticed the users are about 50/50 on this, if you'd check previous (older) polls. I do like helicopters and airplanes myself. I really do. But I'd prefer not to see them in Identity. They wouldn't feel right here. And if I really wanted to fly, I'd pick and play any other game with the ability to do so.

• Like 1

Ok thnx for saying. My dad is a pilot to and I know how hard it is. And I think your suggestion is great! Thanx for replying and I hope that this will be in the game soon?.

Edited by AnPlayz

@AnPlayz

PLEASE edit your poll as I've asked you before. I'm here to help. If you add another option to the SECOND poll option like this:

2. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
  • Around 30 minutes
  • Around 60 minutes
  • Around 15 minutes
  • I voted NO

See the difference? I'll be able to vote then. Now your voting is only biased on yes, and people voting no cannot vote at all. I'm unsure how I can make this clearer to you besides actually coming over to your place and doing it for you.

A big reason they don't want aircraft is also because they don't want the map to feel small. They have said that after release they would think about it but don't have any current plans.

On 15/08/2017 at 1:13 PM, mjrekich said:

Okay, so I see there is a lot of hate for aircraft for lack of depth. I understand that most people are afraid of everyone flying helicopters from point A to B and ruining that meeting instance. Here is my opposition to this. I am currently going for my pilots license and ITS REALLY REALLY DIFFICULT!

Seriously, just to fly a small aircraft has costed me over $10k and I still have to get it. So my thought on this would be if the activity was costly and time consuming where it might not seem worthy to most people. Also, the govt, police, etc. could hire air traffic controllers that see all aircraft in the air except at low altitudes (similar to GTA), but have access on a radio frequency to each aircraft.

Also, there can be no illegal aircraft. Unregistered aircraft is a major offense, unless it's an experimental used for test flights in the USA. So air traffic would be able to recognize who has each aircraft. It would eliminate everyone having an aircraft.

May I suggest a pilot school along with about 2 hours of flight time in a training aircraft that is monitored for collisions and location. If it was used for illegal activities, it would be easy to find. Heck, I'd personally teach the pilots myself

Aircraft make travelling to fast and so the devs are not having it, they will think about it after release but no plan for it. Aircraft is not great in every game and well in this game, the devs want people to interact on the ground/ get stuck in traffic jams and stuff. They do not want players to be able to get around easily as a helicopter can just go over everything, while a guy in a car has to stay to the roads until he has open fields he can try cross.