Fain

Worth Backing?

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking and watching this game for a long time now and wanted to see if you thought it was worth taking the plunge and backing now.  It doesn't seem like there has been a lot of progress and I'm a little burnt out on failed or delayed crowdfunded games (lost $40 on the mandate, Shroud of the Avatar was a bust, and Star Citizen is taking forever).

I don't want to get burned again.  Do you think I should wait for the Town Square to come out first and see if the game looks good before passing over my hard earned cash?

Only you can answer that my friend. It would be safer to keep your money and wait for more gameplay/features to be released so you know it's the game you want. Then again, buying in now assures you early access and possible items that would benefit your experience if you do end up liking the game. 

It's $30 to get the modules, beta access and full game or only $15 for the full game. Is $30 worth playing the game in it's early forms or would you rather just pay the $15 and then watch Let's Plays of those modules and beta? I can almost assure you that the game will be more then $15 upon release (and possibly go up in price after Town Square) so you might just want to buy in now which may save you money later. 

Edited by Saavedro
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Fain said:

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking and watching this game for a long time now and wanted to see if you thought it was worth taking the plunge and backing now.  It doesn't seem like there has been a lot of progress and I'm a little burnt out on failed or delayed crowdfunded games (lost $40 on the mandate, Shroud of the Avatar was a bust, and Star Citizen is taking forever).

I don't want to get burned again.  Do you think I should wait for the Town Square to come out first and see if the game looks good before passing over my hard earned cash?

I believe there will be a showcase video coming soon so just wait for that. It will showcase how things will work like weapons.

Like others have said it's up to you but for $15 you can't really go wrong. I believe they said when and if the game is released on steam the base game will cost close to $45. 

1 hour ago, FLAiR_X said:

Like others have said it's up to you but for $15 you can't really go wrong. I believe they said when and if the game is released on steam the base game will cost close to $45. 

That is exactly right mate, upon full release the game will cost $45 USD on steam, but after the first module, most if not all the packages will either be gone or raised in price. @Fain It is entirely up to you but if it makes you feel better, I have put $250 in the game while I have also pledged a further $90 for my friend and so I will lose out a lot but I am certain and will never doubt these devs as my personal Opinion. My Moderator opinion says, if you doubt the game because of lack in content shown, hold off until you are confident about pledging as I personally think it will be annoying/ hard for the devs when they take the money into the budget before you decide you want your refund. Choose wisely, but there is a video on its way soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

That is exactly right mate, upon full release the game will cost $45 USD on steam, but after the first module, most if not all the packages will either be gone or raised in price. @Fain It is entirely up to you but if it makes you feel better, I have put $250 in the game while I have also pledged a further $90 for my friend and so I will lose out a lot but I am certain and will never doubt these devs as my personal Opinion. My Moderator opinion says, if you doubt the game because of lack in content shown, hold off until you are confident about pledging as I personally think it will be annoying/ hard for the devs when they take the money into the budget before you decide you want your refund. Choose wisely, but there is a video on its way soon.

Couldn't agree more

• Like 1

In conclusion from all of this it definitely seems like this is worth pledging some money xD

10 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Do you have any sort of idea when the video will release? Or like within the next two weeks or something

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kicapri said:

Do you have any sort of idea when the video will release? Or like within the next two weeks or something

Have no clue and I would be giving my personal guess if I did say when I thought it would come but I don't know / can't guess on that one and your guess is as good as mine.

33 minutes ago, DengaGrad said:

So once the beta comes out can you still purchase it or do you have to pledge right now in order to play the beta?

im on the fence at this point

Modules - Alpha, Beta after all 3 modules. 

You can purchase the game after the first module is out but the price currently will likely be raised.

11 minutes ago, DengaGrad said:

Will this be on steam? I have some extra cash there to throw around, thanks in advance.

Yeah, they said it should be on Steam on release for around $45

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DengaGrad said:

Will this be on steam? I have some extra cash there to throw around, thanks in advance.

$45 at steam release which will be the full game.

Thank you for all of the replies!  I'll hold off for now and check out the video that comes out and the Town Hall module and will take it from there.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2017 at 3:55 PM, Fain said:

Hi everyone,

I got the money for my birthday so i backed but if you earned the money wait for town square