RunninCode

Anyone interested in EMS

Just a thread to see who is planning on becoming an EMT or Paramedic in Identity. I'd like to discuss the dynamics that may be in the game.

I'll be a LE officer to begin with, but I'm quite sure I'll move on the EMT in the long run. I've played Asylum life solely as an EMT. But in that mod it had too many downsides, so I quit the mod altogether. And I didn't want to be a common citizen or criminal. So there was nothing left for me there. :( 

On 8/7/2017 at 10:19 AM, RunninCode said:

Just a thread to see who is planning on becoming an EMT or Paramedic in Identity. I'd like to discuss the dynamics that may be in the game.

I plan to do Law Enforcement like @Genesai but then maybe do business. It all depends and I won't know until I am actually playing.

I think I will play as an EMS later on when I have made enough bank and I feel like my work and effort has been worth.!

On 07/08/2017 at 6:20 PM, RunninCode said:

5 hours ago, Xzothi said:

I my self am interested in the medical side of things for a main job. 

Not too sure about EMS myself, however, as governor, I'll make sure that EMS along with other Emergency Services are the highest paid. So that's something to look forward to if you're interested in becoming a Paramedic.

I think the EMS and Fire Brigade will be pretty underrated in comparison to the Police Force. What I'm trying to say is that I think as soon as the game is released, as soon as they progress to the point where jobs in the Emergency Services become available, people will rush straight to become a Police Officer which is a shame because EMS and FD are just as important.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, xBrianHx said:

Not too sure about EMS myself, however, as governor, I'll make sure that EMS along with other Emergency Services are the highest paid. So that's something to look forward to if you're interested in becoming a Paramedic.

I think the EMS and Fire Brigade will be pretty underrated in comparison to the Police Force. What I'm trying to say is that I think as soon as the game is released, as soon as they progress to the point where jobs in the Emergency Services become available, people will rush straight to become a Police Officer which is a shame because EMS and FD are just as important.

As a governor wouldn't you want at least one pocket ems to keep you alive incase things get a little messy? Or at least one where you can call up to come and fix you up. I partly agree with you in that there will not be many people in the emergency field, but I think there maybe more criminals then there will be of the police force. Will see how it ends up playing all out. Hopefully there balancing ideas to help it not be to one sided pans to work well. 

Edited by Xzothi

1 hour ago, Xzothi said:

As a governor wouldn't you want at least one pocket ems to keep you alive incase things get a little messy? Or at least one where you can call up to come and fix you up. I partly agree with you in that there will not be many people in the emergency field, but I think there maybe more criminals then there will be of the police force. Will see how it ends up playing all out. Hopefully there balancing ideas to help it not be to one sided pans to work well. 

Is that you volunteering? If so, welcome aboard. I'd be glad to have you as my "pocket EMS" ;)

2 hours ago, xBrianHx said:

Is that you volunteering? If so, welcome aboard. I'd be glad to have you as my "pocket EMS" ;)

It was just to give you some ideas. Wouldn't you want to do a screening first before you pick a "pocket EMS"? I would be willing but I have no idea how good or not I will be at it.  Sometimes I would also think having the "pocket EMS" on call would be better. That way if everyone goes down the "pocket EMS'' could come after everything cools down a bit. All would depend on how the death system/bleed out system works in the end of course. Since anything in idea faze could end up changing once implemented.  Could even have it where the "pocket EMS" stays a bit in the back out of sight but still close enough to fix up when it goes down. Since you would not want your "pocket EMS" to be targeted. 

I know it will be fairly new at EMS work since I have so far not really done any of that in games before.(I have in fantasy games tried being a healer.) Hopefully this game is a bit more centered around reality when it comes to EMS work. I understand how it still needs to be fun and all of that. Just would like a bit more then how fantasy games normally do healers. 

Edited by Xzothi
  • Like 1

@ Past Xzothi  it should be known that it will be more detailed then fantasy games woot. 

I'd be more into nursing or child doctor if they do eventually decide to add in children ( I hope they do, they were talking about how it may be too graphic the sex part for it to be banned on youtube e.t.c. but many games with that aspect have been shown and would be a great addition children because then more branches of medical could be added in :) ) -also off topic but there could be an adoption sort of service inside hospitals ??-

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EmmaSolstice said:

Why are there too identical threads in other careers about EMS? :D

They are that important lol. Well only seen this one so I posted here. Then realized the other one then posted there. Since I talked about wondering if it will be more detailed or not here. I decided to post it here since it was relevant to what I said earlier.  I do honestly think they both need to be merged with each other though.  Not sure if that can be done in these forums or not. 

Edit: Why the op did it could of been a double post that was not deleted earlier.

Edited by Xzothi

6 hours ago, EmmaSolstice said:

Anyway, I'm awaiting eagerly more information on anything medical ingame :)

I really hope that we will get a lot of information on EMS with the video or the next devblog REEEE!

Do you think EMS will have to change into their workoutfit like the police to get into the "work mode"? And if so, what will there HQ look like? Maybe we can see it at least from outside in TS? :)

Edited by EmmaSolstice

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, EmmaSolstice said:

Anyway, I'm awaiting eagerly more information on anything medical ingame :)

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, TheNerdyChef said:

I really hope that we will get a lot of information on EMS with the video or the next devblog REEEE!

The information I got during a stream was that it will be more compacted then fantasy games. An how you need to know what you are doing. 

8 hours ago, Xzothi said:

The information I got during a stream was that it will be more compacted then fantasy games. An how you need to know what you are doing. 

Sounds good! I want to think and not just click on a person once and it stands up again... but you don't need to have any prior knowledge in the field from real life?

Edited by EmmaSolstice

I would like to be a paramedic I just wish they would be able to have aircraft because I would be a air paramedic pilot kinda like lifeline. I would do it definitely so if they are in a need for paramedics they are going to have to upgrade the plans a bit. I would like to be able to have Helicopters and all that. I also would like to have nice uniforms to wear I want to be able to customize my flight suit. With accessories like maybe being able to earn gold wings and also insignia. I would totally be a pilot and I know some people on xbox one that would like to be on my team. I would hire some paramedics to work with me. I would like to have a 4 seater  with a stretcher and AED in the back. I will accept calls on the highway and some medical calls that are going to take a little longer for land paramedics to get there. Or just calls where they need to get people in an MVA to the hospital quick. I am the best pilot. Also, will there be interactive interiors in all the vehicles? People like this reply if you agree. Liveline is needed in the real world.

Sincerely, Cameron Debono (Future LifeFlight Pilot Commander) 

2 hours ago, Cdeb123 said:

I would like to be a paramedic I just wish they would be able to have aircraft because I would be a air paramedic pilot kinda like lifeline. I would do it definitely so if they are in a need for paramedics they are going to have to upgrade the plans a bit. I would like to be able to have Helicopters and all that. I also would like to have nice uniforms to wear I want to be able to customize my flight suit. With accessories like maybe being able to earn gold wings and also insignia. I would totally be a pilot and I know some people on xbox one that would like to be on my team. I would hire some paramedics to work with me. I would like to have a 4 seater  with a stretcher and AED in the back. I will accept calls on the highway and some medical calls that are going to take a little longer for land paramedics to get there. Or just calls where they need to get people in an MVA to the hospital quick. I am the best pilot. Also, will there be interactive interiors in all the vehicles? People like this reply if you agree. Liveline is needed in the real world.

Sincerely, Cameron Debono (Future LifeFlight Pilot Commander) 

The Developers have already discussed why they will not add any aircraft and have said that they want for people to actually be more immersed into the roleplay and actually travel across the map rather than just skipping over it by flying across. Plus it would be absolute armageddon and chaos with everybody Kamikazying into buildings.

The game will be so much better without aircraft. They have even discussed aircraft only for Emergency Services and still agree that it wouldn't be right to which I also agree. Plus it would instantly lower the FPS for all players since everyone would be rushing to get a helicopter/plane and the skies would be fiilled with aircraft and nobody on the ground. Also, everyone would neglect the other jobs and businesses just to get an aircraft.