YaLocalOreo

Anyone here thinking about rp a serial killer?

Going around stabbing/shooting people isn't really "RP" unless someone kidnaps them, tortures them, and executes them, it's not RP. Just murder.

• Like 2

It wouldn't really be sustainable. I don't have a link, but LuckyDuck explained the stress system pretty well. Essentially you gain stress by being shot/aimed at or shooting/aiming at and stuff like that. You die a lot easier when you have high stress and are easier to kill, so serial killers wouldn't last too long.

See the thing about a Serial Killer and why I think it could be really interesting is this. If they're role playing as a serial killer they should never put that anywhere in their Bio. hell they should straight up lie outright in any bio's they make, The character they portray is just that a character. So in game you could have your character be Johnny Busdriver right. spend the game being friendly. driving your bus. making friends role playing your ass off.

But...some nights you take yourself away from your friends, your family, your day to day. you go to a different town, you dress completely different you get your hair done or dyed temporarily. You act how you don't act "at home" you meet people out and about, you gain their trust. maybe you have a spot outside of town. you get them drunk or high )however those systems in game work_ and you take advantage tying them up, trapping them away from home, they don't really know you, don't know your face, the voice you're using now is completely fake till you get them alone. And it's still different from the voice you use "at home" yourself. You take your time you finish them off at your leisure. maybe it's a few "days" in game later of you actively RPing with this person. If you did it well the "Victim" could have just as enjoyable an experience as the killer. then the victim is killed. you dump the body or evidence (which I really hope is somehow in the game. so your hideaway isn't just a blinking murder scene to the cops) and the police find the evidence.   A case for them to inspect. They never find you. it goes cold in the months as Johnny Busdriver has BBQs with his buddies back home.  Till a few months later when a new case pops up for the cops in a different town, or the same town who knows. I don't know the killers M.O   There's a LOT you could do with a serial killer character. I've never once thought of it as just an excuse to RDM. I mean really. why would a killer even use a gun? it's not personal enough for them usually.

Just imagine after months of real time of the cops not finding this killer. In game years can pass and his list goes up. the killer gets braver leaves notes, enjoys hearing about himself on the player run radio shows all types of things.

Then imagine the cops thinking they found the person and a big uproar happens. But ti's not the guy. It'd be the OJ trial from back in the 90s big following. strong RP. make use of reporter characters, judges, politicians would go nuts trying to spin the capture and imprisonment to their name.

But then imagine if they put away a guy and the killings keep happening. In a strong RP server a character could be in Jail for a long time in game. is it a copycat? did they get the wrong guy?

Fun times.

• Like 10

Also the stress system that would be a good factor to have the killer be nervous space out his outings, all could factor in

• Like 1

Basically think Dexter. But not limited to other serial killers. More like killing criminals of all kinds. My character has a god complex and his main goal is to rid the world of criminals through death.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

5 minutes ago, ggtzealot said:

Basically think Dexter. But not limited to other serial killers. More like killing criminals of all kinds. My character has a god complex and his main goal is to rid the world of criminals through death.

oh your character has a god complex too? thats nice! 

it would be a lie to say its never crossed my mind .........i should say i'm not thinking of killing people out right i've tried to leave the people i've killed with clues so once they are dead they go to ts and tell the police a black hair was found from a white male, size 9 boot print was found, even told them to say about my car and they got shot i the front seat. the built hit the door card and i'll be trying to sell my car and if asked i saying its been cleaned inside and it's a new door card cause of some bull but the point is i'd rp it i'd not just be rdm and saying i'm a killer i would not be saying i'm one at all i'd have a job maybe taxi to pick people out or i dont know tow truck driving or even a police officer the point is i'm going to be nice i'm going to be your friend. but only for the special few will know the real me.                                          lets hope they dont forgot about rp and go to the police and say it was me and everything about me and the police not saying anything as i get 30mins and told not to rdm not caring about why or the back story nothing

Edited by Barbecue
vague

I could see some undesirables being one. That is before they get backhanded by the mighty hand of the law.

13 hours ago, Negan said:

I could see some undesirables being one. That is before they get backhanded by the mighty hand of the law.

Or the law gets backhanded by us, lets be honest the police are going to have a hard time running the cities with so many powerful criminal organizations!

14 hours ago, GreyFox said:

Or the law gets backhanded by us, lets be honest the police are going to have a hard time running the cities with so many powerful criminal organizations!

it's a gem. don't be mad, it's not reallife. one can easily kill 20 up to 100 people. and the victims will probably shoot you, too, before you do come near them because you get flagged as murderer.

6 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

it's a gem. don't be mad, it's not reallife. one can easily kill 20 up to 100 people. and the victims will probably shoot you, too, before you do come near them because you get flagged as murderer.

Your response makes absolutely zero sense to what I said, please re-word it so I may be able to understand what you are trying to say.

7 hours ago, GreyFox said:

Your response makes absolutely zero sense to what I said, please re-word it so I may be able to understand what you are trying to say.

"powerful criminals" will most probably get banned because of mass rdm. easy enough, sunshine?

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

"powerful criminals" will most probably get banned because of mass rdm. easy enough, sunshine?

who said anything about mass RDM, just because you are a serial killer don't mean your gonna mass RDM, I wasnt even talking about serial killer gangs I was replying to NEGAN saying they would get backhanded by the law, your first response looked like it was worded by a 12 year old Chinese kid who barely speaks a word of English, so you can forget the sarcastic remark at the end...

17 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

it's a gem. don't be mad, it's not reallife

It's a game? REALLY? I thought it was a fucking movie!

How am I mad exactly?

Wait, This game ISNT real life???

I like the idea of this but not sure if I fully support every Tom, Dick & Harry doing it or, lets be honest, more likely using it as an excuse to RDM.

I think the RP elements you mentioned would justify me personally rolling with it if I were your victim but I can't see everyone drawing the same conclusion or playing along for the broader RP...it does open the door for Detectives, Journalists, Lawyers, Jurors, in game public opinon, outcry, political pressure, urban legends, criminologists, physcologists, etc, etc.

Curious about what calling cards serial killers would leave. As an struggling artist I'd kidnap my victims and paint their portraits while holding them in captivity, only murdering them when they set eyes on the finished peice and catch a troubling glimpse into the fragile mind of a deranged serial killer! Cops could either discover my collection of murder portraits or I might leave them at the scene with my victims and hide subtle clues in the painting...maybe the painting would even become valuable like the personal posessions of serial killers have become IRL...

I've overthought this ??

Any other calling cards?