Zulnex

First Responders Notice

Hello everyone.

I would like to share a few things which have made me quite concerned lately.

I used to be a paramedic/fireman in some Arma 2 and Arma 3 "real life mods." I enjoyed what I did in the beginning and saving other players lives gave me such wonderful warm feeling inside.

However, what has caused me to stop playing such mods was a total disrespect towards first responders (particularly ambulance and fire departments). Other players and sometimes even police officers used to yell at me for responding too late to a call. I simply can not respond to five different calls at the same time. For them, that was not a valid excuse.

I would sometimes be the only paramedic or fireman online since a great majority of other players loved playing "cops and robbers."

I was constantly bombarded with insults such as  "Fire department sucks", "Zulnex Paramedic sucks" and others. This does not help at all and only adds more stress on myself and my fellow paramedics/firemen. 

Hopefully this will not happen in Identity and if it still does, maybe there will be a server somewhere where all first responders will be treated with respect.

I promise  that I will do my very best to save as many lives as I possibly can.

I will share a short little ambulance video to conclude this important notice. Take care everyone.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your stories from previous RP experiences. I can't imagine berating first responders in any circumstance. It is clear you will be a great addition to the first responder team on whichever Identity server you play on so thank you for your dedication! Best of luck and stay safe!

• Like 1

I feel for you. I made it my sole career in Arma 3 mods to be a paramedic. Sadly I couldn't do civilian jobs as a paramedic, and I refused to switch over due to implemented timers. Yuk. Just to state I ONLY played as a paramedic to date. So I feel your pain. Besides getting shouted at for not reaching a place 10 KM away in the time they wanted me there, there are a lot of other issues. One of them is getting shot at too many times by criminals lurking around. Who the hell shoots a paramedic? Or when it doesn't come to that, but I do get a warning not to heal, splint, or revive. What kind of RP world is that? Or when I do get allowed to treat them, or revive, they simply kill him/her again. Oh joy. Sure I get paid for the revive, but in RP sympathy I've had to RP a hysterical medic trying to enforce the Hippocratic Oath more times than I wish. And the sad part of killing a medic there? It's utterly senseless. I lose nothing. I simply respawn. But it's annoying. I do sincerely hope people will have a lot more respect for this roleplayer group. Same towards the Fire Department and any form of law enforcement.

Personally, in Identity I will play a police officer. It's time for a chance. But I'm sure in time, after a good and healthy career as a cop, I will switch over to EMT / Fire Department for sure. I do hope the Fire Department will be called on with vehicular accidents and such as well. Not just EMTs yanking people out of mangled vehicles. Not very realistic.

Edited by Genesai
Added some extra reasons.
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for sharing your views. Let us hope that some Identity servers will have rules in place to prevent insults and abusive behavior towards first responders.

I would imagine that dying in Identity wouldn't be as bad as in Arma Life. While you respawn in both, people probably won't carry as much gear/loot in Identity as they do in Arma. In the end it's just salty kids angry that they lost their stuff. Kudos for taking a more supportive role, I know that you don't get as much credit as you should.

• Like 1

The lack of respect for paramedics is what made me stop playing as a paramedic in previous mods also, but then if there is supposed to be any realism as a first responder to a gunshot wound or alike the police would automatically be called to the same incident. And as the paramedic, you would park your at a safe distance until the police call you in to do your job. If the police ain't there when you arrive you just have to wait for them.