TravisWolfe

Gun Dealing

So I have been looking through the forums and have not seen much on how dealing of weapons is handled in game. Because of this I was wondering if their are going to have one big weapons company or let people just own gun stores. And if we own gun stores can we manufacture guns at a factory so people can have a place to make guns and bullets adding to the realism. Their are many post that regarding gun by buying  but not how the industry will work. 

So from what I understand here gun stores won't be owned by players but managed by NPCs. You can make your own weapons but it won't be easy. You can also get weapons from Black Market.

7 hours ago, Striker said:

I like the idea of uncommon guns. It would be to hard to survive with everyone having a gun.

I love that about identity, it's not like arma where every 20 minutes or so you get robbed or killed.

Identity really concentrates on real life roleplay

Will there be a gun licence? Maybe 2 separate ones, for handguns and rifles? Automatics should be illegal and only purchased at the bmarket.

One of the Devs told me on twitter "Yes, weapon manufacturing is a feature in Identity, but you can also buy them from NPC's". I assume this means that people (like me) can buy factories and create there own guns. Or at least thats what I plan to do. I want to make my guns cheaper and a choice of delivery. 

How they are actually dealed, I don't know. It might be like DarkRP Gmod, where you simply drop them on the ground, in a safe location. 

21 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

One of the Devs told me on twitter "Yes, weapon manufacturing is a feature in Identity, but you can also buy them from NPC's". I assume this means that people (like me) can buy factories and create there own guns. Or at least thats what I plan to do. I want to make my guns cheaper and a choice of delivery. 

How they are actually dealed, I don't know. It might be like DarkRP Gmod, where you simply drop them on the ground, in a safe location. 

Well for the dealing part I have an idea. We already know there will be in-game websites. What if the devs made a site that you can access trough your phone to contact the weapon/drug dealer much like online blackmarkets in real life. If you can produce high-end weapons cheaper than the NPC is offering, many players will buy from you or your competitor. Risky business tho

However I really hope that it will be much effort to gather the materials to produce automatic-weapons or even a crafting level that you have to reach in order to make those weapons.

Peace!

Edited by ElChapo

@ElChapo I want it to be difficult for kids to jump onto identity and pick up a automatic weapons and rdm. But I also want it possible, but hard enough, to craft the weapons for a price.