8 minutes ago, john4621 said:

Yeah but how long has this game been in development for already? And it's what? Let's say 25% done?

://////. The first module is a core part of the game, and it is a few months away from completion. I would say its more than 50% done.

14 minutes ago, john4621 said:

Yeah but how long has this game been in development for already? And it's what? Let's say 25% done?

naw its farther than that. most of the team is focusing on the full game.
first two modules are done, they just polishing them up and telling us they aint done.

23 minutes ago, DadOfMad said:

naw its farther than that. most of the team is focusing on the full game.
first two modules are done, they just polishing them up and telling us they aint done.

I want to play this game as much as the next person on here. But I completely disagree with what you're saying. Because these guys need more funding. If the environment and physics were done, they would show you more videos right now. Because they're awareness would jump and then so would their pledges. 

24 minutes ago, john4621 said:

I want to play this game as much as the next person on here. But I completely disagree with what you're saying. Because these guys need more funding. If the environment and physics were done, they would show you more videos right now. Because they're awareness would jump and then so would their pledges. 

They are releasing a video within a month and are planning on hiring a PR person.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, john4621 said:

they dont talk about it anymore, but in the old gaming hrs they mentioned a few time about how the driving dynamic and shooting dynamic were coming along. now they act like they never said that stuff.
they have said several time theres like only one person work on ts right now, every one else is working on the other modules and full game.

you are aware ts has been completed twice now but when they get done they decide to go back threw everything.... maybe you just havent been following long enough

Edited by DadOfMad
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, DadOfMad said:

they dont talk about it anymore, but in the old gaming hrs they mentioned a few time about how the driving dynamic and shooting dynamic were coming along. now they act like they never said that stuff.
they have said several time theres like only one person work on ts right now, every one else is working on the other modules and full game.

you are aware ts has been completed twice now but when they get done they decide to go back threw everything.... maybe you just havent been following long enough

At the end of the day, the point I'm trying to stress is never ending push backs. Will never give them good PR, which will lead to fewer and fewer pledges. Don't get me wrong, I can wait for a better product. But do you realize what we're talking about right now? 

A module. They could completely change their mind about the whole thing and scrap so much stuff by the time the actual game gets out. This is before the actual beta. Allowing testing on this, will get them set up on the right path  

Lots of successful games have very early betas and let users experience the game and find bugs. Rockstar, electronic arts, Ubisoft and so on. All massive companies. All companies with a lot more employees and money. Yet when their games come out. There is a lot of bugs and patches. No matter how long they spend on this module or game, there will be bugs. 1 million players testing out an environment compared to what less than 20 developers, will find these bugs much quicker. 

People understand bugs and patches and in my opinion they're better off to let the general public find them for them in a module. That way they can even be tweaked out before the beta. 

I know you're going to argue with me and say whatever. But you can't argue the fact, that you, yourself would rather be testing out this module instead of trying to prove me wrong on this forum. 

12 minutes ago, john4621 said:

At the end of the day, the point I'm trying to stress is never ending push backs. Will never give them good PR, which will lead to fewer and fewer pledges. Don't get me wrong, I can wait for a better product. But do you realize what we're talking about right now? 

A module. They could completely change their mind about the whole thing and scrap so much stuff by the time the actual game gets out. This is before the actual beta. Allowing testing on this, will get them set up on the right path  

Lots of successful games have very early betas and let users experience the game and find bugs. Rockstar, electronic arts, Ubisoft and so on. All massive companies. All companies with a lot more employees and money. Yet when their games come out. There is a lot of bugs and patches. No matter how long they spend on this module or game, there will be bugs. 1 million players testing out an environment compared to what less than 20 developers, will find these bugs much quicker. 

People understand bugs and patches and in my opinion they're better off to let the general public find them for them in a module. That way they can even be tweaked out before the beta. 

I know you're going to argue with me and say whatever. But you can't argue the fact, that you, yourself would rather be testing out this module instead of trying to prove me wrong on this forum. 

I would rather let the devs release the module when they think it is ready. I don't disagree that people will be able to find bugs, but it has been stated many times that the first module will be very important, as it is the core of the game. Once the core is finished then they can release it and have people find bugs. You are assuming that they are in the beta stage, but they are still pre-alpha and will be for a few months.

15 minutes ago, yellowhero12 said:

I would rather let the devs release the module when they think it is ready. I don't disagree that people will be able to find bugs, but it has been stated many times that the first module will be very important, as it is the core of the game. Once the core is finished then they can release it and have people find bugs. You are assuming that they are in the beta stage, but they are still pre-alpha and will be for a few months.

i agree, and said big companies generally take a yr + past this amount of time to even get to alpha... so id say for such a small team they are making great time.

Edited by DadOfMad

2 hours ago, john4621 said:

but you also got to remember arma 3 had a full team ^-^ identity has been struggling, but with the new dev blog seems they got more guys coming so hopefully the process will speed up ^-^.

• Like 1

Given not too long ago you could count the amount of blokes working on the game on just one hand, it's not surprising to see the game has taken so long to be developed; even more so given the scope of the game.

But it's nice to see us nearing something playable. 

rpg's can take 3-10yrs of development from a big company.
everyone keeps saying this game is taking to long to develop but thats only because you all have no idea what it takes to make a video game.
they are making great time.

GTAV took 5 years of development.

• Like 1

Do realize that the moment they release the TS module, a lot of their PR worries will be over.

do you realize that if it was any other company making a game this big you wouldnt see anything for at least another year...

6 hours ago, DadOfMad said:

do you realize that if it was any other company making a game this big you wouldnt see anything for at least another year...

they want it perfect dad, and i say they are making major time for it being a small group, now their rosters growing meaning it could be out much faster then how they was making it seem, but how you was talking the other day on first and second module being done etc i was like well hell you could be right i never thought about it, because they do want the first module perfect like basically everyone knows now, its just people are well they cant wait like me i cant wait, but i'm still waiting and keeping my faith strong in the Dev's and the game because that is all i can do, someone asked me why i was spending 500.00's on a package, i said its not for the package, its to help the game move along, 500.00's wont get you far in making games but at least its trying to show support.. 

• Like 1