Arlo

Could we delete our posts/topics?

Ive had problems where i post something and i want to delete it. Ive also seen lots of other people accidentally screw up their post and have to edit it like "Could an admin please delete this" it would be a lot easier if we could delete our posts if we manage to screw up

• Like 4

Even if we can't delete our own posts it would be nice to be able to hide them, that way the admins/mods can still see it in case it's something that is against the rules i.e being really abusive towards someone then deleting the post once they have seen it but before the mods do

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jcdock said:

Even if we can't delete our own posts it would be nice to be able to hide them, that way the admins/mods can still see it in case it's something that is against the rules i.e being really abusive towards someone then deleting the post once they have seen it but before the mods do

We can hide them but you can't.

I know you can but I was suggesting the ability for us to hide then for when we maybe accidentally double post etc 

7 minutes ago, jcdock said:

I know you can but I was suggesting the ability for us to hide then for when we maybe accidentally double post etc 

Dude, the reason you said before just showed exactly why they WOULDN'T want to let us do that. lol

2 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

Dude, the reason you said before just showed exactly why they WOULDN'T want to let us do that. lol

Ugh mods can still see hidden post so the evidence is still there it will just make the forums look a bit more tidy without the mods having to do extra work

5 minutes ago, jcdock said:

Ugh mods can still see hidden post so the evidence is still there it will just make the forums look a bit more tidy without the mods having to do extra work

Yeah, but it would still result in you being punished. Try PMing them, or if thats still seen by mods, and you're THAT desperate to use profanity or other abusive language, try contacting them somewhere else, IF you can get any other social media accounts for them.

4 hours ago, jcdock said:

That's the whole reason only we can hide them, it's our responsibility to hide the posts, but we might not see it right away. Just report it if it's something that shouldn't be on the forums :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

That's the whole reason only we can hide them, it's our responsibility to hide the posts, but we might not see it right away. Just report it if it's something that shouldn't be on the forums :D

Will do :)

• Like 1

Depending on how the community is configured, it may not matter if you delete your posts, because admins or super mods could still see them and even restore them.

On 1/31/2016 at 4:22 PM, HairyGrenade said:

We can hide them but you can't.

ec105f993dca297de218e0f58f358c3d.png

He means hiding posts when you misinterpret something or if you go off-topic, you could quickly hide your posts without having to wait 5+ hours for admins who aren't active enough to hide most posts.

There's really no negative side to it, admins can still see the posts so no one can hide their shit.

Just like the way it works on Asylum, you can hide your posts.

On 1/31/2016 at 4:45 PM, slovaceck said:

Yeah, but it would still result in you being punished. Try PMing them, or if thats still seen by mods, and you're THAT desperate to use profanity or other abusive language, try contacting them somewhere else, IF you can get any other social media accounts for them.

Are you really that stupid? He doesn't give a shit about admins seeing his posts, there's a lot more than curse words when hiding posts, for instance, when you go off topic but don't want to derail the thread too much. Admins are hardly active and it would take way too long to remove posts in certain threads.

10 hours ago, Atmosphere said:

Are you really that stupid? He doesn't give a shit about admins seeing his posts, there's a lot more than curse words when hiding posts, for instance, when you go off topic but don't want to derail the thread too much. Admins are hardly active and it would take way too long to remove posts in certain threads.

Well, if you read his original posts, you would see that he said the reason he would want to be able to hide his posts would be so that he could use profanity and then quickly delete it before a moderator saw it. And that's very rude towards the moderators, they are very active and usually respond within minutes.

6 hours ago, slovaceck said:

Well, if you read his original posts, you would see that he said the reason he would want to be able to hide his posts would be so that he could use profanity and then quickly delete it before a moderator saw it. And that's very rude towards the moderators, they are very active and usually respond within minutes.

He said if you mess up, messing up can mean alot. Not just cursing.

Also, the one you were talking to was talking about hiding posts from the public, not admins.

On 31/01/2016 at 10:15 AM, jcdock said:

Take a look @Atmosphere I understand about the hiding from public and not admins,but read the rest.

Edited by slovaceck

1 hour ago, slovaceck said:

Take a look @Atmosphere I understand about the hiding from public and not admins,but read the rest.

What rest? I read the OP in its entirety, or are you speaking about a different post? JCDock already cleared up that he didn't mean removing the posts so admins couldn't see it, he meant it in a way so that the rest on the forums don't have to see the profanity used in those posts. It could be that someone regrets using those particular words and wants to hide it. Honestly, it's really easy to scold someone and just edit the post before the admins see the post.

Example:

hidden from admin now

Edited by Atmosphere
ayylmao

4 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

What rest? I read the OP in its entirety, or are you speaking about a different post? JCDock already cleared up that he didn't mean removing the posts so admins couldn't see it, he meant it in a way so that the rest on the forums don't have to see the profanity used in those posts. It could be that someone regrets using those particular words and wants to hide it. Honestly, it's really easy to scold someone and just edit the post before the admins see the post.

Example:

You're a ***** *********** ****

So if you know that he cleared it up, why did you begin to attack me for commenting about his original post?

2 hours ago, slovaceck said:

So if you know that he cleared it up, why did you begin to attack me for commenting about his original post?

Because you replied to the post that obviously cleared it up. Not his original post.

5 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

Because you replied to the post that obviously cleared it up. Not his original post.

Ok, so what's the end goal here? Do you want me to write him an apology? Or are you just doing this for fun?

2 hours ago, slovaceck said:

Ok, so what's the end goal here? Do you want me to write him an apology? Or are you just doing this for fun?

I just want you to stop arguing when there's no logic to your claims.

I also just like being a condescending smart ass, gives me a form of satisfaction for some masochistic reason.

Edited by Atmosphere
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

by deleting posts there won't be evidences for threats, insulting etc., am i right @Xentinel? :D

That isn't a post in a thread though, that is a private conversation between you two. To be fair, sometimes I feel as though you don't seem to properly comprehend what certain threads are about. Such as this one.

21 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

That isn't a post in a thread though, that is a private conversation between you two. To be fair, sometimes I feel as though you don't seem to properly comprehend what certain threads are about. Such as this one.

M8, stop trying to be a moderator. Adios

14 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

M8, stop trying to be a moderator. Adios

If you think I'm trying to be a moderator, you're sorely mistaken, I've been with the community over 2 years and am way too much of an asshole to be a moderator. Don't try to be the 'superior' one when you can't even properly comprehend posts.

1 hour ago, Atmosphere said:

If you think I'm trying to be a moderator, you're sorely mistaken, I've been with the community over 2 years and am way too much of an asshole to be a moderator. Don't try to be the 'superior' one when you can't even properly comprehend posts.

who care's? :D