Sign in to follow this  
xVAULTxDWELLERx

Off-duty Officers

If you are a cop and you are off duty will you still be permitted to carry your firearm and make arrest if you witness a crime?

i dont think you signing up to the pd gives you PERMENANT acsess to firearms and the ability to make arrests

from what we have alredy heard there is going to be an automated system to go through the carers in the official servers, and if everybody had the ability to make arests at the click of a button.... you can use your imagenation.

so, no. i dont think people who have partisipated in the police carear will ALWAYS have the ability to make arrests

4 minutes ago, jcdock said:

I would imagine not or all the cops will sit off-duty and do only that

I doubt that. They wouldn't get payed while they are off duty. I am a police officer in Texas in real life and I always carry a weapon when im off duty. I am also authorized, and expected, to make an arrest if I witness a crime even when im not in uniform.

Like they say - a police officer is NEVER fully off duty.

Edited by xVAULTxDWELLERx
  • Like 6

maybe not the arrests part but maybe as the off duty cop and if you own a of duty weapon maybe the cop will step in and stop the crime after he has called it in   "the call for back up"

I would assume you can live different lives. Maybe you want to play cop during the daytime then maybe be something a little rebellious during the night life. I think it is going to be interesting to see how the two can differ.

On January 2, 2016 at 3:43 AM, jabba_the_slut said:

i dont think you signing up to the pd gives you PERMENANT acsess to firearms and the ability to make arrests

from what we have alredy heard there is going to be an automated system to go through the carers in the official servers, and if everybody had the ability to make arests at the click of a button.... you can use your imagenation.

so, no. i dont think people who have partisipated in the police carear will ALWAYS have the ability to make arrests

careers*