Question

Hi,

I haven't posted in a while (almost about a year) I see that the progress is now at 89%, they are so close! I still have not invested in the game and will hold out until the final released or the paid beta.

Anyway, my question: How will the weapons in the game be categorized? Like Real Life? Machine Gun, Pistol, and Rifle (going with what the US ATF considers each therefore an Uzi would be considered a automatic pistol). Or with your own categories. Also would the guns in the game be based off real guns, the real guns, or totally made up. To me I would prefer if the guns were real name, fire rate, recoil, etc. Also will there be world modification say if I wanted to blow up a bridge in the game to stop a convoy of illegal contraband from crossing it, could I and would the bridge be gone until a highway crew fixed it? Also will there be Chainsaws to cut down trees? Pepper spray to stun a player with bad intentions? 

This has been about more than weapons, but this stuff matters.

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

This post may help you, the things in the big list are links to tweets.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Genesai said:

The weapons are based on their real life counterparts. There however won't be any explosives, so no, you will not be able to blow up a bridge for example.

:(

Edited by ForestCayden
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

This post may help you, the things in the big list are links to tweets.

Thank You.

Edited by ForestCayden

The weapons are based on their real life counterparts. There however won't be any explosives, so no, you will not be able to blow up a bridge for example.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure we will be getting real life guns.They will most likely feel and look like the real thing. 
We surely will get more information on this matter, now it's just speculations

Then how do you explain the "Hunting Rifle" that is so talked about and is displayed in the main trailer of the game? There is clearly not a gun in real life called the "Hunting Rifle" if there is, please correct me.

1 hour ago, ForestCayden said:

Then how do you explain the "Hunting Rifle" that is so talked about and is displayed in the main trailer of the game? There is clearly not a gun in real life called the "Hunting Rifle" if there is, please correct me.

They just said the Hunting rifle likely because it is a rifle used specifically for hunting and not anything else etc.

There is a AK47 and a few others we know about.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

They just said the Hunting rifle likely because it is a rifle used specifically for hunting and not anything else etc.

There is a AK47 and a few others we know about.

Ok. Do you know of any other weapons, other than the AK and generic rifle. We know that there are no sniper/DMR type guns. So we have AK, possible a shotgun (Remington 870?) for police and ranch owners. Some concealable weapons like maybe a M9 or a Desert Eagle. M4 for Swat maybe. IDK just throwing stuff out there. All we know is hunting rifle, no snipers/DMRs, AK, and the gun laws.