Alex77

Police Radio

Question

1.Can police officers talk through radio channel? 2.Police radio sound? 3. and its gonna be really realistic if e.g When officers conversation through the radio the sound of the radio and chatter should be heared from the people that they are near too.,if you know what i am talking about.

39 answers to this question

With the current configuration, which also applies to civilian phones, people won't hear what the police are saying in response, but they will hear what the cop standing near them is saying. Just as it is in real life if you're standing beside someone on a phone.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

I don't think we have a lot during the first module. I don't know if you read the version they put online with some info? I shall link it for you! Enjoy xx

http://www.identityrpg.com/info/modules/townsquare/

yeah I know their wont be a lot in the first module, I am just saying what I heard them saying what the first module is really all about its the main system basically, and they could always change their minds, they could add more into what players get access into the first module or what  --> http://prntscr.com/fwujmg I know you wont get a lot of access when module one town square releases for players, RANDOM HUGS FOR EVERYBODY THO :D if. you can hug ;-;

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNerdyChef said:

I am pretty sure somewhere I heard / read that we will be able to hear the officers speak if we're next to them! I doubt we will be hearing the dispatch. It would be cool if we did but I doubt it.

Actually a lot of officers have an open radio, if you are next to them you can hear the dispatcher come over the radio, my cousins a cop and you can hear the dispatcher actually pretty clear if you stand by him, but then they adjust the radio and you cant ease drop ;-; that's why I went out and bought a police radio, and set it to our police channels :3 should be something they add in for houses so if your sitting their relaxing, "we got a naked person running threw the square with a knife all units respond code 3" -3-

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

This is what exactly i am talking about and wants to see in this game! thank you! but would love to see the option to choose for the radio open radio (citizen can hear what dispatch saying to me) close radio (citizens cant hear what dispatch saying to me) 

well they might have it like task force radio on arma 3, because they had it for radio operators where they could open the broadcast on long range so the whole squad could hear if you was near them, so we might get to see it in this game too like options to be (Left Ear, Right Ear, Both Ears, Open Radio,) then the volume for the radio etc

1 hour ago, Alex77 said:

1.Can police officers talk through radio channel? 2.Police radio sound? 3. and its gonna be really realistic if e.g When officers conversation through the radio the sound of the radio and chatter should be heared from the people that they are near too.,if you know what i am talking about.

What does this have to do with Tourism Q&A? There are other Forums these questions fit way better. In this case: The Precinct.

1. This is the plan yes, how else will the coordinate?
2. Most likely there will be sound effects yes.
3. As with any radio transmitter it works on a certain frequency (channels). Things won't be different in Identity as far as I can tell. Unsure if nearby players will be able to hear the officers radio. I hope not, as I hope we'll be using an in-ear piece to communicate.

6 minutes ago, Genesai said:

What does this have to do with Tourism Q&A? There are other Forums these questions fit way better. In this case: The Precinct.

1. This is the plan yes, how else will the coordinate?
2. Most likely there will be sound effects yes.
3. As with any radio transmitter it works on a certain frequency (channels). Things won't be different in Identity as far as I can tell. Unsure if nearby players will be able to hear the officers radio. I hope not, as I hope we'll be using an in-ear piece to communicate.

Sorrry i though in tourism we asked all the kind of questions. i hope nearby players can here what officers say to the radio its gonna be more realistic.

Sorrry i though in tourism we asked all the kind of questions. i hope nearby players can here what officers say to the radio its gonna be more realistic.

It depends. In my country most cops use in-ear pieces so the people wouldn't hear them. Which is great, it protects privacy of victims for one. When raiding a building it would also be in-advisable to have your walkie-talkie on, as it would give away your position. So hence why I'd prefer in-ear pieces.

So my point of view is more realistic, especially as more and more forces all over the world are starting to use an in-ear piece by default. For the same smart reasons I just gave you.

oh really? then it will be nice if police officer could choose to wear ear pieces or nearby player can hear the conversation with radio sound too,what do you think? he have to choose what ever he like. 

Well having the choice would be preferable.
However, it would be unsafe using it the way you suggest. I'd prefer other officers not mentioning my name like that. I'll be in law enforcement in this game, and I ALSO value my privacy. Civilians shouldn't be hearing what I'm doing, who I'm busy arresting, or even WHERE I am at that moment, because another officer is negligent because he keeps his walkie turned on for everyone to hear the inside-outside of our operations. That's just bad and careless policing in my book. 

So I change my answer: I wouldn't prefer the choice, I'd prefer it to in-ear for everyone. Careless people who prefer "immersion" over tactics wouldn't break a mission because they like to show off their police radio to random civilians.

I mean the citizen could hear what you saying and what they said to you in max 5 meters next to you, not bigger distance. here in Greece most of cops not using ear pieces. so if you want to keep your conversations privacy then use it. i dont have problem if people next to me can hear my conversations.so the best solution is if we could choose to wear it or not. 

@LuckyDuck

Edited by Alex77

You won't get the choice to stop other players hearing the police radio. The best bet is that cops should not disclose anything around citizens e.g. locations or operations. Immersion is better than the tactics and not everyone will like everything as some things are better done than other things.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You won't get the choice to stop other players hearing the police radio. The best bet is that cops should not disclose anything around citizens e.g. locations or operations. Immersion is better than the tactics and not everyone will like everything as some things are better done than other things.

Thanks for the clear answer! btw police dept talking using police codes like 10-4(copy) so its hard for citizens to know about police codes,and i dont see the problem when a citizen is near to a police officer and hear the conversations :) ,when officers talking through the radio can citizens hear the sound of the radio too? 

10 minutes ago, Alex77 said:

You won't get the choice to stop other players hearing the police radio.

13 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I dont mean the conversation,i mean the sound that radio makes when officer talk i mean 0.26, 1.45,2.11 i mean this noise if citizen could hear them too!(hope so) 

I dont mean the conversation,i mean the sound that radio makes when officer talk i mean 0.26, 1.45,2.11 i mean this noise if citizen could hear them too!(hope so) 

Paratus answered, if you look at the top answer.

6 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Paratus answered, if you look at the top answer.

Didnt understand it very well haha,so people can hear only the police officer that talking to the dispatch/officers through the radio? and they cant hear when dispatch talks to the officer right? 

Didnt understand it very well haha,so people can hear only the police officer that talking to the dispatch/officers through the radio? and they cant hear when dispatch talks to the officer right? 

Yes the guy on the radio, won't be heard but the player talking into the radio while next to a person will be heard. So only one person is heard by others if they are next to that "Person/ officer".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paratus said:

With the current configuration, which also applies to civilian phones, people won't hear what the police are saying in response, but they will hear what the cop standing near them is saying. Just as it is in real life if you're standing beside someone on a phone.

In real life citizens can hear the dispatch when talking to the officers if they are near. Officer have the choice to wear ear pieces or not. 

I am pretty sure somewhere I heard / read that we will be able to hear the officers speak if we're next to them! I doubt we will be hearing the dispatch. It would be cool if we did but I doubt it.

5 minutes ago, RosaRoundBottom said:

Actually a lot of officers have an open radio, if you are next to them you can hear the dispatcher come over the radio, my cousins a cop and you can hear the dispatcher actually pretty clear if you stand by him, but then they adjust the radio and you cant ease drop ;-; that's why I went out and bought a police radio, and set it to our police channels :3 should be something they add in for houses so if your sitting their relaxing, "we got a naked person running threw the square with a knife all units respond code 3" -3-

Ow I definitely know how it works, don't get me wrong!
I am just not sure if it's a priority for the developers

5 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

Ow I definitely know how it works, don't get me wrong!
I am just not sure if it's a priority for the developers

yeah plus any little stuff they miss when creating it they also said they will continue to add stuff in they just want the module perfect, but who knows it might be in the first module, or it might be out when the game first comes out, or later on down the road, ^=^

yeah plus any little stuff they miss when creating it they also said they will continue to add stuff in they just want the module perfect, but who knows it might be in the first module, or it might be out when the game first comes out, or later on down the road, ^=^

I don't think we have a lot during the first module. I don't know if you read the version they put online with some info? I shall link it for you! Enjoy xx

http://www.identityrpg.com/info/modules/townsquare/

yeah I know their wont be a lot in the first module, I am just saying what I heard them saying what the first module is really all about its the main system basically, and they could always change their minds, they could add more into what players get access into the first module or what  --> http://prntscr.com/fwujmg I know you wont get a lot of access when module one town square releases for players, RANDOM HUGS FOR EVERYBODY THO :D if. you can hug ;-;

YEEEY! HUGS FOR EVERYONE <3 <3 

7 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

YEEEY! HUGS FOR EVERYONE <3 <3 

Lol still super excited for the first module tho 

23 minutes ago, RosaRoundBottom said:

This is what exactly i am talking about and wants to see in this game! thank you! but would love to see the option to choose for the radio open radio (citizen can hear what dispatch saying to me) close radio (citizens cant hear what dispatch saying to me)