Striker

Robbing better

What if you tried to rob someone and they attack you and kill you? Is their a way to make it not so hard to rob something. For example, if you tried to rob a bank then the police come and kill you way easier since they're real people. I would really like everyone or thing to not be to powerful because real people are harder to kill then npcs in other games. I just think it could possibly be a problem.

It will add to the realism of the game. In real life you'd have a better chance of carrying out any violent crime with more people, so the same should transfer into the game. If you're getting at adding more NPCs, that isn't gonna happen. The game isn't the sort of game where you have more NPCs than real players, it's the opposite.

But you have a good point about the robbing thing. What if, when getting robbed, people fight back 100% of the time instead of complying. Most of the time, people would be too scared to do anything if confronted by 2 guys with handguns, so there should be in-game measures to make this so in-game as well.

Like FearRP in Garry's Mod. Otherwise what's the point of robbing somebody, if every time you try, they fight back and you end up killing them and having a murder on your hands?

Edited by Johnny

1 hour ago, Johnny said:

It will add to the realism of the game. In real life you'd have a better chance of carrying out any violent crime with more people, so the same should transfer into the game. If you're getting at adding more NPCs, that isn't gonna happen. The game isn't the sort of game where you have more NPCs than real players, it's the opposite.

But you have a good point about the robbing thing. What if, when getting robbed, people fight back 100% of the time instead of complying. Most of the time, people would be too scared to do anything if confronted by 2 guys with handguns, so there should be in-game measures to make this so in-game as well.

Like FearRP in Garry's Mod. Otherwise what's the point of robbing somebody, if every time you try, they fight back and you end up killing them and having a murder on your hands?

1. In Identity anything on you will be gone when you die.

2. I am guessing you'll be able to take the money out of their dead body

3. Honestly If I didn't have a gun on me I'd let the person take the money (in Identity) cause i wouldn't want to die, you could shoot them in the leg if they try to run since gunshots affect you apparently.

2 minutes ago, Aetion said:

1. In Identity anything on you will be gone when you die.

2. I am guessing you'll be able to take the money out of their dead body

3. Honestly If I didn't have a gun on me I'd let the person take the money (in Identity) cause i wouldn't want to die, you could shoot them in the leg if they try to run since gunshots affect you apparently.

But people who don't care much for roleplay might rather they get killed than hand over the money willingly, because the result is the same.

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

But people who don't care much for roleplay might rather they get killed than hand over the money willingly, because the result is the same.

It just depends on the person man, which adds to the realism. There's always a risk when doing a crime. There's no risk if someone has to comply. 

But at least in my case, why rob people when you can sell drugs?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Aetion said:

It just depends on the person man, which adds to the realism. There's always a risk when doing a crime. There's no risk if someone has to comply. 

Never thought of it that way, true I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Never thought of it that way, true I guess. 

Yeah, lol. Honestly I know people irl who would cry and such if they were ever robbed and people who swear to god they'd kill someone if someone messed with 'em. :/

2 minutes ago, Aetion said:

Yeah, lol. Honestly I know people irl who would cry and such if they were ever robbed and people who swear to god they'd kill someone if someone messed with 'em. :/

True but often times people talk big but when it comes down to it, they'd cry as well.

6 minutes ago, Johnny said:

True but often times people talk big but when it comes down to it, they'd cry as well.

Nah man. The people I've seen say this really bout it. I remember as a youngling I had a gun pointed at me for ding dong ditching. :( 

4 minutes ago, Aetion said:

Nah man. The people I've seen say this really bout it. I remember as a youngling I had a gun pointed at me for ding dong ditching. :( 

Damn where do you live? Compton?

When you die, would you lose clothes, money, a car, your house or apartment, things like that? I will probably not like the feature lose everything when you die. I'd rather it be lose whatever the person takes from you when you die.

Edited by Striker

55 minutes ago, Striker said:

When you die, would you lose clothes, money, a car, your house or apartment, things like that? I will probably not like the feature lose everything when you die. I'd rather it be lose whatever the person takes from you when you die.

You only lose what you had on you at that time, i.e weapons, money. Except clothing, you keep that.

• Like 1

I don't think we should make robbing banks easy. They should be hard, complex and require a lot of planning before hand. Otherwise it would be a very fast and easy way to get a lot of money in few minutes. And robbing a bank isn't so easy in real life.

If you want to be a criminal in Identity, you can't be stupid, reckless and just murder and steal things, hoping no one is smart enough to get in your way and respond! Just like in real life, you either plan a heist and do it perfectly, or you'll get caught easily.

To rob a bank you'll need a mask to hide your Identity, weapons which you have to act fast with, because they're visible (not all, but bigger guns are), manage hostages, avoid police, place your getaway vehicle in a safe spot, have a hideout...

And about dying and losing stuff- it was explained, but here's the source:

This is on official servers though. Private, player owned servers can have different rules on this- like on some private servers you might lose nothing, on some lose everything, and on some maybe even have to create a new character.

Edited by Vix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vix said:

I don't think we should make robbing banks easy. They should be hard, complex and require a lot of planning before hand. Otherwise it would be a very fast and easy way to get a lot of money in few minutes. And robbing a bank isn't so easy in real life.

If you want to be a criminal in Identity, you can't be stupid, reckless and just murder and steal things, hoping no one is smart enough to get in your way and respond! Just like in real life, you either plan a heist and do it perfectly, or you'll get caught easily.

To rob a bank you'll need a mask to hide your Identity, weapons which you have to act fast with, because they're visible (not all, but bigger guns are), manage hostages, avoid police, place your getaway vehicle in a safe spot, have a hideout...

And about dying and losing stuff- it was explained, but here's the source:

This is on official servers though. Private, player owned servers can have different rules on this- like on some private servers you might lose nothing, on some lose everything, and on some maybe even have to create a new character.

Exactly. Can't wait to see all the GTA kids try to rob the bank singlehanded with a hangun and get destroyed.

5 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Striker identity and gta are completely different games. please understand it 

I knew that a long time ago. I would hate Identity to be like gta 5.

7 hours ago, Striker said:

that's good. then you can understand that identity's main themes are on social interactions etc. with other players instead of killing everything you see.

• Like 1

On ‎30‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 3:48 PM, Striker said:

Looking at your posts it seems like the opposite!

• Like 2

On 1/30/2016 at 1:48 AM, Striker said:

nobody likes a liar.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

If Identity was like gta 5 I wouldn't even be allowed to play.

you're not allowed to play identity if you're younger than 18

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

you're not allowed to play identity if you're younger than 18

I already know their is many people younger than 18 that will play.

3 hours ago, Striker said:

I already know their is many people younger than 18 that will play.

Yeah but same for GTA V.  Or any game, really.