Jacob_Newborn

Pensions/401K/ retirement

Hi I was just thinking, how about putting a retirement option in the game?  For example lets say you are the Governor and you do 2 terms (4-7 days each term)  you should be able to receive a steady amount from your pension for a month.  Like in real life the more you pay into it, the more you should receive.  This should involve most businesses, but especially government employees; governor, mayor, police officer, firefighter, etc. 

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Jacob_Newborn

Yeah, but you forget, you generally have to put in money into your pension for you to get something out of it. exception of a state pension.

I actually didn't forget. That's what I meant when I said "the more you pay into it, the more you should receive."   Each employee will choose how much to put aside by percentage or dollar amount.  Of course it would be more beneficial if the job itself contributed a percentage of the employee's salary into a pension fund. 

So if you are a police officer for a long time and decide that you are tired of it, you can retire and collect your pension.  Just like real life you have to work the job for a mandatory amount of time in order to collect.  The other option would be early retirement, however you will not be able to collect until you  have played the game for a certain amount of hours.  You will receive a income while you look for another job in something else.

Because there's no aging i think an retirement plan is unnecessary. In opposite there should be an incentive to keep active playing instead of blungering around.

Retirement is indeed obsolete because there is no aging in game, so no retirement either.
HOWEVER I'd like some unemployment benefits. In which I'll plead for in another thread. :P