JessicaMadisyn

Is This Real Life? Karaoke/Juke Box/Concert Hall/TV

Adding an echo effect to the microphone used for karaoke, using real karaoke songs, having a real loud bass sound from the juke box,  throw in some nice rocking instrument animations while you're on stage in the concert hall would make nice additions to the game.

Somebody should stream real tv shows on youtube, so my guests can watch them on my 4K Ultra HD, 88 inch, Flat, QLED, Smart TV.

Edited by JessicaMadisyn
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, JessicaMadisyn said:

Adding an echo effect to the microphone used for karaoke.

This is the most common misconception. They rarely use the echo effect (real term: delay) in karaoke, but they mainly use reverb. These are two separate things.

Delay (your 'echo', if you insist) -> sounds reflecting with a delay, which means there is noticeable silence between your input and the reflected sound you hear back. (examples: a long cave, a long tunnel)
Reverb -> sounds reflect back and forth way shorter on your input. So there's basically no delay (we're speaking about milliseconds) between the inputted and outputted sound. (examples: cathedral/church, opera hall, etc.)

Things get real fun if you add a delay on a reverb, or a reverb on a delay effect. (yes, obviously the order matters!)

Other than this education, I like the idea and I do believe these things will be included with the karaoke. I'm not sure, but it seems logical if it would be. So it should be. ;)

14 hours ago, JessicaMadisyn said:

Somebody should stream real tv shows on youtube, so my guests can watch them on my 4K Ultra HD, 88 inch, Flat, QLED, Smart TV.

About the streaming real TV shows, as long as YouTube allows it, it'll be available in Identity. So anything that YouTube (and Twitch for that matter) would ban/block/delete will be illegal in Identity as well. I'm sure Asylum have their legal business protected properly.

Edited by Genesai
Forgot to add the second part of the quote.
  • Like 1

Jimmy of South Park fame:You're right...you're absolutely right.

Tommy Wiseau:You seem to be the expert, Mark!

Yeah, you're right. I should've done actual research on this topic. But it is all good!

I want to create a youtube channel specifically for the IdentityRPG game when it comes out.

Edited by JessicaMadisyn
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2017 at 1:02 PM, Genesai said:

This is the most common misconception. They rarely use the echo effect (real term: delay) in karaoke, but they mainly use reverb. These are two separate things.

Delay (your 'echo', if you insist) -> sounds reflecting with a delay, which means there is noticeable silence between your input and the reflected sound you hear back. (examples: a long cave, a long tunnel)
Reverb -> sounds reflect back and forth way shorter on your input. So there's basically no delay (we're speaking about milliseconds) between the inputted and outputted sound. (examples: cathedral/church, opera hall, etc.)

Things get real fun if you add a delay on a reverb, or a reverb on a delay effect. (yes, obviously the order matters!)

Other than this education, I like the idea and I do believe these things will be included with the karaoke. I'm not sure, but it seems logical if it would be. So it should be. ;)

About the streaming real TV shows, as long as YouTube allows it, it'll be available in Identity. So anything that YouTube (and Twitch for that matter) would ban/block/delete will be illegal in Identity as well. I'm sure Asylum have their legal business protected properly.

I've already come across a couple channels streaming episodes of Family Guy and Futurama 24/7. It's a start, and they are great shows. ^_^

On 7/15/2017 at 1:51 AM, JessicaMadisyn said:

I want to create a youtube channel specifically for the IdentityRPG game when it comes out.

I'm sure plenty of people will do the same. And I applaud it, we'll have custom Identity TV-shows, news reports, etc. that way. I'm enjoying the prospects of that.

@Mentality : I've come across those as well in the recent past, and I'm unsure about how legal they are. But if they are allowed, that's one more thing to look forward to in Identity! I suppose it's all good as long as Asylum Entertainment's legal department doesn't receive Cease & Desist letter.

Edited by Genesai
  • Like 1