LuciousTimes

POLITICAL PEACE

I find it very patronizing and rather ignorant from members of the identity community like yourself and other 'leading political figures' (in reality you're no such thing) that claim to know how to stimulate the national in game economy and to provide decent policies in regards to quality of life when you haven't even stepped foot into a server or know how the game works. The first thing people like you will do is announce your candidacy without gaining valuable in game experience that people who run for office should have. It's patronising in the sense you're talking down to people like you have the answers to the current non-existent problems. In the real world, career politicians are CANCER and have made the world a worse place claiming they sympathise with the real people without living and experiencing the 'real life' instead of a political bubble, plucking policies out of the air. So how about starting from the bottom, experience the game, live the game and most importantly LEARN the game before you lead it. Whatever happened to the government being from the people? 

As far as I'm concerned there shouldn't be candidates until the game has been released! But due to there already being some I'd say you're one hell of a flawed candidate before the game has even entered alpha.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vanilla_Jonesy said:

I find it very patronizing and rather ignorant from members of the identity community like yourself and other 'leading political figures' (in reality you're no such thing) that claim to know how to stimulate the national in game economy and to provide decent policies in regards to quality of life when you haven't even stepped foot into a server or know how the game works. The first thing people like you will do is announce your candidacy without gaining valuable in game experience that people who run for office should have. It's patronising in the sense you're talking down to people like you have the answers to the current non-existent problems. In the real world, career politicians are CANCER and have made the world a worse place claiming they sympathise with the real people without living and experiencing the 'real life' instead of a political bubble, plucking policies out of the air. So how about starting from the bottom, experience the game, live the game and most importantly LEARN the game before you lead it. Whatever happened to the government being from the people? 

As far as I'm concerned there shouldn't be candidates until the game has been released! But due to there already being some I'd say you're one hell of a flawed candidate before the game has even entered alpha.

This topic was created so that candidates and citizens could work together and try to find what's best for the policy foundations in Identity. Peace being the key theme, I'd appreciate you approaching with a little more understanding. Due to your comments, it is clear that you are unaware of some things and saying that I don't mean to belittle I simply wish to explain on behalf of myself and other "members of the identity community". 

Myself, @ThomasHetch , @JoelKeys and @BobbyCruz have invested time and effort into figuring out the government and what our role in government will be. Between questioning the developers, finding quotes from @Motown himself, digging through all the information we have and trying to piece things together, actively answering questions we know the answers to and willing to remain composed us four are the leading political figures. There's no area for boasting in that, it's simply a fact.

The policies we make are based off the information we have, which happens to be a lot of information. When we are unclear on something we ask. It's not a hassle, the moderators and/or developers give us our needed information and we adjust based on what they give us. It is necessary we do this, even in the first module there will be a governor.

People running for an in-game political office should not be required to have in game experience when those candidates will be elected at the start of the game. Whoever is first will have zero in-game experience. That's why it's necessary we ask and have all questions answered. On top of that it is important we work together to build the foundation policies that way the beginning isn't that harsh of a time.

On my own behalf, I talk down and belittle absolutely no one! I question and advise on what I know, that's to be enough said on that fraction of my response.

Real world politician have zero need to be discussed unless reference to policy or character is made. With us all surely having different passions and opinions of those in office at every level of government globally let us refrain from our bashing. A custom at a restaurant can complain about long he has to wait for his food and say that the leaders of the establishment are poor, but the customer knows not the shoes all the leaders must fill.

We are the people, all of us, even us four are still citizens of Identity. We just try to go above the standard and do more in this area where our passion lies and we are educated. As I stated before, current candidates are necessary. I don't understand as to why you see me as flawed, my only assumption would be that you were just unaware of the things I just previously stated, and there's no fault in that. If I and the others were running campaigns without a clue of the game or the way things will work then that would be foolish of us and therefore, you would be right in your "flawed" adjective. However, that is not the case. We know enough information to state the things we've stated!

As I said before, I don't mean to belittle. This is a topic of peace, I just felt you didn't know some things and needed to be informed!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

@FrancePourLaVie Your opinions on the police matters...what may those be? You highlighted the topic so I thought you may have some in depth opinions!

I believe to make identity safe then police and military should rightfully be the only people to have rightful access to firearms, I will hold a public vote in the topic of firearms if elected though. Im busy areas of the city, armed soldiers will patrol in an attempt to stomp out terrorist attacks in the city. I would also like to introduce the new role of police commissioner, who will have a larger wage than any other member of the police force. The commissioner will handle all police related issues, allowing the governor to deal with other situations, the commissioner will attend all police functions and have schedueled meetings with me. I will also be allowing to remove face masks on civilians, this is purely for identification of players.

5 hours ago, Vanilla_Jonesy said:

Can't say I agree 100% but can I just say how much I respect you right now. You have an unpopular opinion and you said it anyway, that takes guts. Well done for voicing your opinion.

2 hours ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

I believe to make identity safe then police and military should rightfully be the only people to have rightful access to firearms, I will hold a public vote in the topic of firearms if elected though. Im busy areas of the city, armed soldiers will patrol in an attempt to stomp out terrorist attacks in the city. I would also like to introduce the new role of police commissioner, who will have a larger wage than any other member of the police force. The commissioner will handle all police related issues, allowing the governor to deal with other situations, the commissioner will attend all police functions and have schedueled meetings with me. I will also be allowing to remove face masks on civilians, this is purely for identification of players.

Military won't exist, and I sure criminals will find access to guns. If police and criminals are the only ones with gus that's not good for the citizens! 

Also, the police organization chart has been established, but recommend your idea to @Motown or @HairyGrenade

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TheNerdyChef said:

I guess he is trying to be like every political person in the world; make bank and fuck society

I doubt that's every politician...doctors make way more money!  Do doctors say make bank and fuck all my patients? ? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

I am inclined to agree with you that only police and other LEO's should have access to weaponry. Even if I do allow guns to be legal, it will be pistols only, nothing more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

I am inclined to agree with you that only police and other LEO's should have access to weaponry. Even if I do allow guns to be legal, it will be pistols only, nothing more. 

I'd stated that previously, that only pistols for protection should be allowed. They have to have something though , because the criminals definitely will!

What are LEO'S? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

Exactly, guns only cause problems!!!

1 hour ago, LuciousTimes said:

I'd stated that previously, that only pistols for protection should be allowed. They have to have something though , because the criminals definitely will!

What are LEO'S? 

Law Enforcement Officers

5 minutes ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

Exactly, guns only cause problems!!!

Yeah, I wish there was a better way to control them from getting to criminals! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Law Enforcement Officers

Ah, I see! Wasn't familiar with the acronym s

• Like 2

Military won't exist, and I sure criminals will find access to guns. If police and criminals are the only ones with gus that's not good for the citizens! 

Also, the police organization chart has been established, but recommend your idea to @Motown or @HairyGrenade

Police men and women will patrol the area heavily armed with guns, gun raids will be a common occurrence, if you are caught possessing a gun then you will face jail time.

30 minutes ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

Police men and women will patrol the area heavily armed with guns, gun raids will be a common occurrence, if you are caught possessing a gun then you will face jail time.

That is testable!

• Like 2

Well said @LuciousTimes in response to @Vanilla_Jonesy. I agree with what you have to say but also respect his opinion. However, I believe that his argument could be said for nearly any career in the game as well. I don't believe any of us in the political arena have belittled anybody or talked down to them. We are all here to have a great role-playing experience and as you have said Mr. Times, we are all trying our best to shape our policies and plans around what we know about the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BobbyCruz said:

Well said @LuciousTimes in response to @Vanilla_Jonesy. I agree with what you have to say but also respect his opinion. However, I believe that his argument could be said for nearly any career in the game as well. I don't believe any of us in the political arena have belittled anybody or talked down to them. We are all here to have a great role-playing experience and as you have said Mr. Times, we are all trying our best to shape our policies and plans around what we know about the game.

Very true!

• Like 2

I must be honest in saying I wasn't sure this topic would produce what I envisioned, but with nearly a 100 replies I say it's doing great! 

Any other topics?

• Like 2

On 21/07/2017 at 5:35 AM, LuciousTimes said:

I must be honest in saying I wasn't sure this topic would produce what I envisioned, but with nearly a 100 replies I say it's doing great! 

Any other topics?

There is a new candidate, I don't have to name him because I think you know who I am talking about, this candidate has completely based his campaign off of bashing the other candidate's, his weak manifesto doesn't help his case either, just wondering what is your opinion on him?

4 hours ago, FrancePourLaVie said:

There is a new candidate, I don't have to name him because I think you know who I am talking about, this candidate has completely based his campaign off of bashing the other candidate's, his weak manifesto doesn't help his case either, just wondering what is your opinion on him?

We all run our campaigns as we wish, and how others choose to run theirs should help us decide ways to make ours greater! Instead of letting it bother me , I simply avoid it! Which isn't wrong or rude! My vision is not only to be a political leader, but an example of what a political leader should be! Even my history causes controversy, but I don't let it phase me! Candidates such as him are doing what they feel is best and I can't fault him, but I can say that I believe showcasing what you have and who you are is greater than bashing others!

• Like 2

We all run our campaigns as we wish, and how others choose to run theirs should help us decide ways to make ours greater! Instead of letting it bother me , I simply avoid it! Which isn't wrong or rude! My vision is not only to be a political leader, but an example of what a political leader should be! Even my history causes controversy, but I don't let it phase me! Candidates such as him are doing what they feel is best and I can't fault him, but I can say that I believe showcasing what you have and who you are is greater than bashing others!

Good point?

On 7/18/2017 at 2:09 AM, Vanilla_Jonesy said:

Not saying I am supporting any of the candidates, but I would say that some of the policies are based on confirmed in game features. The rest are based off of theories and serve for more as an idea what their policy will be like when more is revealed about the features for the governor. The politics going on now serve more as platform to inform everybody of the different parties and their overall stances and leanings, not for exact policy that will all be in game. Also, most of these people won't be career politicians, as there are many side jobs that are available alongside careers.

11 minutes ago, yellowhero12 said:

Not saying I am supporting any of the candidates, but I would say that some of the policies are based on confirmed in game features. The rest are based off of theories and serve for more as an idea what their policy will be like when more is revealed about the features for the governor. The politics going on now serve more as platform to inform everybody of the different parties and their overall stances and leanings, not for exact policy that will all be in game. Also, most of these people won't be career politicians, as there are many side jobs that are available alongside careers.

Good words, but to continue off your statements, I have seen that other candidates have businesses like clothing and security companies. I do plan on being a career politician however! 

• Like 2