LuciousTimes

POLITICAL PEACE

There has been a recent growth in political population. Between mayor candidates, governor candidates, and citizens who choose to use their voice more overall involvement has increased. THIS IS GOOD, but due to the different mindsets and lack of education on some issues an explosion of disrupt in peace has sprouted. It is evident who the leading politicians are ( @ThomasHetch, @BobbyCruz, @JoelKeys & @LuciousTimes [myself] ) and every single one of us has one shared goal, ensure our policies provide a good life for EVERY CITIZEN on the Identity Island! It's simple! We all have a different way of going about things, BUT we all want the same thing. In this form, I want everyone that desires to have a part in the politics of Identity to discuss the following topics in the following order in order to build or at least see and analyze what policies work best.

The politics that will matter in the game are: Taxes, Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Crime Punishments

We will all discuss the first topic ( Taxes ). After together we have come to build something most favorable I will conclude the topic and we may then move to the next. I hope this builds peace amongst the people of Identity and foundation for the game once built. May @Motown and the other developers find favor with this.

• Like 9

To begin, in my opinion...

TAXES: Taxes will be a very simple flat tax. 10% of your reported yearly income must be given in taxes. 10% tax will also be placed on corporation profit, not income.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuciousTimes said:

TAXES: Taxes will be a very simple flat tax. 10% of your reported yearly income must be given in taxes. 10% tax will also be placed on corporation profit, not income.

Nice this sounds like a good plan so far @LuciousTimes, can't wait to hear more from other candidates and more from yourself. In the future I'd love to have you on the show!

14 minutes ago, supercharge71 said:

Nice this sounds like a good plan so far @LuciousTimes, can't wait to hear more from other candidates and more from yourself. In the future I'd love to have you on the show!

Appreciated, and of course! Always open to media!

• Like 2

I like the idea of taxes being fair across the board, but I just don't think the 10% rate on all incomes is enough to sustain the government's costs. There has to be some more income from taxes, to pay for programs like welfare, food stamps, and universal healthcare. Not to mention roads and salaries for doctors, policemen, etc. Shouldn't there be at least a 20% rate for the highest earners?

If you still stick to your 10% plan, how do you plan to have enough funds to keep the programs running, infrastructure great, and salaries high with less funds? Candidate Thomas Hetch's tax plan seems much more reasonable (Although the 50% tax is a bit too high).

Edited by URSAMAJOR03
Adding Thomas Hetch
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, URSAMAJOR03 said:

I like the idea of taxes being fair across the board, but I just don't think the 10% rate on all incomes is enough to sustain the government's costs. There has to be some more income from taxes, to pay for programs like welfare, food stamps, and universal healthcare. Not to mention roads and salaries for doctors, policemen, etc. Shouldn't there be at least a 20% rate for the highest earners?

If you still stick to your 10% plan, how do you plan to have enough funds to keep the programs running, infrastructure great, and salaries high with less funds?

In the game taxes will be used to provide salaries mainly, possibly any unique construction like statues, but roads and so forth won't need to be re-done. Healthcare will be privatized and doctors will be paid through through their own work.  Mainly only the politicians and policemen will use taxes. We'd hate to waste taxpayers money.  The game provides a lot, taxes aren't as needed.

• Like 2

In the game taxes will be used to provide salaries mainly, possibly any unique construction like statues, but roads and so forth won't need to be re-done. Healthcare will be privatized and doctors will be paid through through their own work.  Mainly only the politicians and policemen will use taxes. We'd hate to waste taxpayers money.  The game provides a lot, taxes aren't as needed.

This might be a dumb question, but doctors will be paid through their own work? As in they wont be paid by the government? So you are looking to make hospitals player owned?

Also, taxing the higher earners more could provide universal healthcare, which I'm sure is a good thing for everyone. I can go more in depth but I don't have time right now.

5 minutes ago, URSAMAJOR03 said:

This might be a dumb question, but doctors will be paid through their own work? As in they wont be paid by the government? So you are looking to make hospitals player owned?

Also, taxing the higher earners more could provide universal healthcare, which I'm sure is a good thing for everyone. I can go more in depth but I don't have time right now.

Yes, like how in RL we have family doctors. 10% is 10% so they are paying more, but it's fair. Universal healthcare would be nice, but it won't be easy. It'll be very expensive with crime so high. Which will take away from taxes exceptionally. 

• Like 2

Despite what I have said previously I would like a flat tax of 30-40% (it will flow between these depending on how much is needed). With this I intend to run universities, a free healthcare programme (WIP), and more funding for the law enforcement communities. I would also like to include a 10% tax return programme, where if you invest in smaller businesses or donate to charity, you can appeal for a tax return of up to 10%. This will work like this; if I tax you the 30-40% every week, at the end of the month you can apply for a tax return of up to 10% per week. This means if you are paying a 40% tax each month, you could apply for the return for every week, meaning you could potentially earn 40% of taxes back, or basically one week tax free! This is to encourage the growth and investment in smaller businesses to try and boost the economy.

6 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Despite what I have said previously I would like a flat tax of 30-40% (it will flow between these depending on how much is needed). With this I intend to run universities, a free healthcare programme (WIP), and more funding for the law enforcement communities. I would also like to include a 10% tax return programme, where if you invest in smaller businesses or donate to charity, you can appeal for a tax return of up to 10%. This will work like this; if I tax you the 30-40% every week, at the end of the month you can apply for a tax return of up to 10% per week. This means if you are paying a 40% tax each month, you could apply for the return for every week, meaning you could potentially earn 40% of taxes back, or basically one week tax free! This is to encourage the growth and investment in smaller businesses to try and boost the economy.

Joel Keys in my eyes is an expert in the area of taxes! Better than any candidate including myself! This flat tax is the best so far! Joel, Friday night I'll close the tax portion of this forum. At that time would you approve of others using your tax plan IF they credited you. We'd like to share works in the US and UK!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

How will health care matter? Like seriously. No one gets sick in video games.

Exactly, I'm sure it'll play a really small part. That's why I don't want to waste money on it. I say keep healthcare private.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

A few questions

Are schools and universities confirmed to be in the game?

How would you keep track of the money invested in small businesses and charity? What is stopping me from giving my friend money to donate to my own business so he could get a tax break?

What determines the difference between a small business and a large one?

What is stopping people from creating fake charities to get tax breaks?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yellowhero12 said:

A few questions

Are schools and universities confirmed to be in the game?

How would you keep track of the money invested in small businesses and charity? What is stopping me from giving my friend money to donate to my own business so he could get a tax break?

What determines the difference between a small business and a large one?

What is stopping people from creating fake charities to get tax breaks?

Thank you for your questions.

Schools and universities won't be a built in mechanic to the game, but a few players have proposed that they will buy a building and run a university as a private business for new players. I would like to fund these if they prove successful.

Next, if you wanted to make an official investment (one that qualifies you for tax returns) they would need to be done through a bank or the government officially. This method could potentially still be abused, but there would be a process involved. For example, if a bank looks at their accounts and sees that player X has just received a large sum of money from player Y, and he now wants to donate that money to player Y officially to qualify for tax returns, they will know of foul play and this donation will not qualify you for tax returns. It will be something we will work with the banks to achieve.

The difference between a small business and a big one is determined by two things. The number of employees you have and the amount of profits you are earning. If you are a business with 3-10 employees and you are turning a profit of $2000 every month, you are a small business. If you employ 25-50 people and you are earning over $10000 of profit every month, you aren't really a small business. Again, these are brackets we will discuss closer to the release of the game.

Finally, if you want to make an official charity you must work with the bank you would like to open it with and get approval from the government. In order to qualify as a charity, you will need to be earning a certain amount every year, have a purpose etc. The good thing about this is that anyone can make a small charity for any reason, but if you want to make an official charity you must be authenticated. 

58 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

How will health care matter? Like seriously. No one gets sick in video games.

What if you get shot, break a bone, or overdose on drugs? Even still, the developers have said that you can get sick I do believe, so sickness is definitely a thing. Either way, if healthcare isn't needed, I will readjust my tax rate accordingly. I am a firm believer that taxes should be fluid and they should change depending on the need for money within the government.

14 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Thank you for your questions.

Schools and universities won't be a built in mechanic to the game, but a few players have proposed that they will buy a building and run a university as a private business for new players. I would like to fund these if they prove successful.

Next, if you wanted to make an official investment (one that qualifies you for tax returns) they would need to be done through a bank or the government officially. This method could potentially still be abused, but there would be a process involved. For example, if a bank looks at their accounts and sees that player X has just received a large sum of money from player Y, and he now wants to donate that money to player Y officially to qualify for tax returns, they will know of foul play and this donation will not qualify you for tax returns. It will be something we will work with the banks to achieve.

The difference between a small business and a big one is determined by two things. The number of employees you have and the amount of profits you are earning. If you are a business with 3-10 employees and you are turning a profit of $2000 every month, you are a small business. If you employ 25-50 people and you are earning over $10000 of profit every month, you aren't really a small business. Again, these are brackets we will discuss closer to the release of the game.

Finally, if you want to make an official charity you must work with the bank you would like to open it with and get approval from the government. In order to qualify as a charity, you will need to be earning a certain amount every year, have a purpose etc. The good thing about this is that anyone can make a small charity for any reason, but if you want to make an official charity you must be authenticated. 

This is why I am proud to call Joel Keys my partner and friend! Together we're both going do good for Identity! Our planning is setting the foundations!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JoelKeys said:

What if you get shot, break a bone, or overdose on drugs? Even still, the developers have said that you can get sick I do believe, so sickness is definitely a thing. Either way, if healthcare isn't needed, I will readjust my tax rate accordingly. I am a firm believer that taxes should be fluid and they should change depending on the need for money within the government.

The devs haven't said anything about getting sick? Can you link the tweet?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

This brings up a good point! 

We don't know what to do because we don't know the game! We discuss so many topics when some topics may not even matter! 

@Motown @HairyGrenade 

1. What will the Governor be able to do?

2. What will taxes go towards?

3. Are certain salaries paid through taxes? 

4. How long is a Governor's term?

It's not impossible, but it's difficult for us to build valid platforms when we don't have clear vision! We need these questions answered!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, uncannierlink said:

Certainly; here! (Or see below)

11 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Certainly; here! (Or see below)

That confirms sickness, but what power do we have as far making healthcare? What's already lined up for us and what can we do for ourselves?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

That confirms sickness, but what power do we have as far making healthcare? What's already lined up for us and what can we do for ourselves?

Not sure, just linking the source of info for @uncannierlink

12 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

This brings up a good point! 

We don't know what to do because we don't know the game! We discuss so many topics when some topics may not even matter! 

@Motown @HairyGrenade 

1. What will the Governor be able to do?

2. What will taxes go towards?

3. Are certain salaries paid through taxes? 

4. How long is a Governor's term?

It's not impossible, but it's difficult for us to build valid platforms when we don't have clear vision! We need these questions answered!

1. Governor will be able to change the tax rates, change amount of Government vehicles that can be used at one time etc.

2. Taxes will likely go towards allowing more police cars / ambulances / Fire Engines. Things you may think of which happens to be government owned.

3. Your salary probably gets taxed as you get paid. (I have no clue as no real answer).

4. 1 day so far but the devs will alter it after testing if needed.