Sign in to follow this  
yellowhero12

Tax/Economy Realism

There already have been a few people who asked about the realism of the economy,(Link to similar postAnother Link ), but my question is a little more specific. I saw the page for one of the candidates for governor(or mayor, not really sure), and he said that he would have a flat tax rate of 10%. My question is this, if the economy is realistic wouldn't this be insanely low for a flat tax rate and if not, would an ideal tax rate(one which would be sufficient enough for the government to run effectively) be higher or lower than this?

TL;DR

Is 10% a viable tax rate for Identity? What would be one?

There is a good chance that there aren't a huge amount of people who actually know for a fact how government spending and taxes work, so opinions/ hypotheses welcome c:

Edited by yellowhero12
Added another link
  • Like 1

Hey, well the tax rate is up to the government and if it is low then people keep happy but it is better chances that there will be less police officers as of low funding and so increased crime rate possibly.

• Like 1

i question what the taxes go to other than police, ambulance, firefighter (also wonder what firefighters will be doing 98% of the time)

With no road maintenance, military (other than policing), healthcare (disease's etc) 

Not sure what else the taxes are used for since there isnt any options to keep building infrastructure. 
I mean a flat rate of 10% of everyone including the govt workers seems like WAY more than enough to pay a couple dozen officers, unless my idea of this scale is way off lol.

Its hard to wrap my head around numbers until you know max server size, police ratio, how important fire and medics will be etc.

Still, all exciting thoughts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KifDawg said:

i question what the taxes go to other than police, ambulance, firefighter (also wonder what firefighters will be doing 98% of the time)

With no road maintenance, military (other than policing), healthcare (disease's etc) 

Not sure what else the taxes are used for since there isnt any options to keep building infrastructure. 
I mean a flat rate of 10% of everyone including the govt workers seems like WAY more than enough to pay a couple dozen officers, unless my idea of this scale is way off lol.

Its hard to wrap my head around numbers until you know max server size, police ratio, how important fire and medics will be etc.

Still, all exciting thoughts.

Didn't really realize how much stuff in real life that the government needs to operate doesn't really apply within the game

@KifDawg

Taxes might very well be a form of a coin-sink, next to obviously being used to pay emergency services, government workers, politicians, etc.
Anyway, each game needs one form or another to get rid of too much currency. Taxes are a safe way to do it. You wouldn't want to pay $50 for a burger, or $100 for a cinema ticket over time, would you?

This might be a well thought out idea by the devs.
My two cents. There they are.

• Like 1