Aero

Corruption ?

Will Government corruption be allowed? Having a gang in the force such as Captain or even a judge and using there powers to benefit the gang as in letting there members go and things?

Edited by Aero
  • Like 3

If you are a police officer and you are corrupt then, you will lose your career as a police officer for doing that on official servers. However in private servers you might be able to be corrupt depending on if the server allowing it.  

• Like 4

On 28/06/2017 at 2:02 PM, TonyLuprano said:

If you are a police officer and you are corrupt then, you will lose your career as a police officer for doing that on official servers. However in private servers you might be able to be corrupt depending on if the server allowing it.  

Not if it doesn't get taken :P (But yes, his career may not last long)

I thought they made clear there would be a clear line between law enforcement and regular civilians. No undercover cops, no corrupt cops, etc. Someone care to correct me if I'm wrong on that?

• Like 3

On 6/29/2017 at 1:01 PM, Cuuka said:

Realistically it should be allowed and unbannable. In the real world pretty much everyone is corrupt. 

• Like 1

Odds are, even if corruption is against the official server rules, it will be very hard to stop. The admins probably won't mind if some cops occasionally get paid to look the other way, but the real problem is the entire police force of a server getting paid off to allow huge crime organizations to do as they please, without fear of arrest or police interference.

im going to either fund or start a server where corruption is allowed cuz it makes the game more realistic.

Corruption, albeit realistic, could be detrimental to the players.

Corruption should be subtle, if anything, silently working from the shadows to feed his/her agenda.

How most people would handle it, I imagine it would be a disaster. Random killings, outrageous jail times. Etc. (Although, the confirmed max is 45 minutes.)

My point however, is corruption without an outlying guideline, would be a disaster.

this is why we need a Police chief with the power to fire corrupt officers. The police chief should be an adult and someone that really earns this position. 

On 2.8.2017 at 9:08 PM, Badbart said:

this is why we need a Police chief with the power to fire corrupt officers. The police chief should be an adult and someone that really earns this position. 

then it's a corrupt one.

On 8/2/2017 at 0:08 PM, Badbart said:

I agree. If you want to be corrupt then do it on a private server. Official servers should be monitored closely for that since your getting paid to do a job. I do hope the chief is Admin or someone from the dev team.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2017 at 8:52 PM, qwerty1029 said:

im going to either fund or start a server where corruption is allowed cuz it makes the game more realistic.

I don't think corruption should be non-existent but I don't think it should dominate the game either... the idea could break the whole purpose of being a cop.  I feel it's going to be hard to find a balance on the ordeal.

I just hope that if cops choose to respond to a call, the system will actually track the actions they took after that point. A way (at least try) to reduce possible corruption. If a cop didn't take any actions after accepting to respond, that could mean he took a bribe after arriving, or is just not doing his job as he's supposed to in any case.

I also MOST SINCERELY HOPE that if the game works with kind of a bounty system like the Life mods, that cops WON'T be able to clear citizens of their bounty. That would help a whole lot in stopping corruption, but would also help a lot with the immersion / realism. A judge can do those things in certain cases, not a cop.

I will probably rent a server and I'm going to allow corruption to a certain degree. Like cops will still have to do their job an stuff. However, i don't know exactly how we will be able to to control this once we rent a server but i guess we will see. (Also im going to make it perma death so people can be "silenced")

24 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

I just realized i already commented on this lmfao

You could've simply edited your previous post and added that info there. As such:

25 minutes ago, qwerty1029 said:

I will probably rent a server and I'm going to allow corruption to a certain degree. Like cops will still have to do their job an stuff. However, i don't know exactly how we will be able to to control this once we rent a server but i guess we will see. (Also im going to make it perma death so people can be "silenced")

Edit: I just realized i already commented on this lmfao

Rather than clustering up the boards unnecessarily. Just pointing it out, don't shoot me.

9 minutes ago, Genesai said:

You could've simply edited your previous post and added that info there. As such:

Rather than clustering up the boards unnecessarily. Just pointing it out, don't shoot me.

*cocks back the hammer.*

I'm still a little hazy on how a "corrupt" cop is discovered. If a cop pulls over someone who ran a street light and that said person gives the cop $20 to look the other way, how would anyone know (admins, etc.) that that happened? If a cop has a secret meeting with a mobster so that he doesn't go a certain route while a store is being robbed, how would anyone know? Sure there's obvious events that would make a cop look corrupt but there's also so much small/secret ways of doing so. I understand it being a general rule (obviously, police force) but I don't see how it'll be enforced. We don't want a Gotham on our hands obviously.... unless they allow Batman to be added in. Then that's fine.

Basically, just how. The devs say corruption isn't allowed but corruption is such a broad term, I don't know exactly what they mean.

Yes it would be very hard to determine if a cop made a choice based on bribery or just being a secret undercover.  They could almost act as double agents and work in the police force for money but somehow manage to let all the crooks free just off of a few bucks.  If a drug lord was caught it would make things even easier since the amount of cash they have is quite larger then that of a simple shoplifter.  Any sane cop who isn't all about justice and the law would take the bribe without hesitation.  

I suppose the only way to regulate it would be if a cop takes money or items from a felon that it would show up and automatically remove them from the force.  

26 minutes ago, ShyEvil said:

I suppose the only way to regulate it would be if a cop takes money or items from a felon that it would show up and automatically remove them from the force.  

Unless they accept the bribe only after they go off-duty. Obviously no cop would trust a lonely thief but a mafia family / drug family, they could easily pay cops while they're off-duty. So that system would help but not come close to defeating the issue of corruption.

Edited by Saavedro

I wonder if other fields could be corrupt. Like the Fire department and EMS.  I know this thread is in the police section but since it seems to be more about Corruption. I wanted to add my take on corruption as a whole. 

Edited by Xzothi

On 28/06/2017 at 6:07 AM, Aero said:

Will Government corruption be allowed? Having a gang in the force such as Captain or even a judge and using there powers to benefit the gang as in letting there members go and things?

On 24/08/2017 at 7:18 PM, Xzothi said:

I wonder if other fields could be corrupt. Like the Fire department and EMS.  I know this thread is in the police section but since it seems to be more about Corruption. I wanted to add my take on corruption as a whole. 

Our Anti-Corruption Act  will permit monthly checks on all officers and Government officials who appear suspicious and will terminate any on-going contracts with those individuals if necessary.

Click the highlighted text for more information.

Well, I'd say as long as the system isn't broken by some cop robbing banks or letting everyone go, there could be a little tolerance to agreements between a robber and a cop, or a criminal and a judge.

Also, labeled transactions could be a thing, even though it wouldn't solve anything. For example, your boss could be able to see if the 35$ you received came from someone known by the Force, or just by someone who owed you money. I know it wouldn't solve anything, but it could be a thing too.

That could also help knowing if a cop does drugs for example, or if he sells some.

On 28.6.2017 at 7:07 AM, Aero said:

On 29.6.2017 at 2:01 PM, Cuuka said:

On 9.8.2017 at 0:11 AM, Saavedro said:

Unless they accept the bribe only after they go off-duty. Obviously no cop would trust a lonely thief but a mafia family / drug family, they could easily pay cops while they're off-duty. So that system would help but not come close to defeating the issue of corruption.

On 14.9.2017 at 7:39 AM, Rinyuaru-Kun said:

Well, I'd say as long as the system isn't broken by some cop robbing banks or letting everyone go, there could be a little tolerance to agreements between a robber and a cop, or a criminal and a judge.

Also, labeled transactions could be a thing, even though it wouldn't solve anything. For example, your boss could be able to see if the 35$ you received came from someone known by the Force, or just by someone who owed you money. I know it wouldn't solve anything, but it could be a thing too.

That could also help knowing if a cop does drugs for example, or if he sells some.

Our Radical Democratic Left Party is absolut against corruption. We are fight against it, because when you or we build a financial system or an other system and than  a corrupt politician will be elected and destroys all of the plans you or we made. So absolutly against it. When you fight for justice then fight with us. Write Chairmen Maurice Clinton