I would love to have my own trucking company and be able to by a shop garage to park all of my trucks and trailers. I want to be able to buy a property like that and buy a few trucks and trailers to store at my shop and my shop would have its own garage to repair the trucks and fuel up. I would also love to have Peterbuilt, Kenworth, and Freightliner trucks to buy. I would like to be able to buy a refer trailer-for food and produce, a dump  trailer-for the rock,stone,sand etc. a grain hopper trailer- for grain at the farms, a livestock trailer- for animals at the farms, a tanker trailer- for diesel,gas,oil, and water and a flatbed trailer- for hauling cars,trucks,lumber,crates etc. It would be like American Truck Simulator. But I would want it in this game because its like real life and I could own a one room log cabin in the woods as my house and live there and own my trucking company and everything would be wonderful. link to American Truck Simulator ( ficMiV3AfuE  )

Edited by CumminsOutlaw
show link
  • Like 5

I like the sound of that, since you brought up truck simulator you reminded me about how certain jobs provided the player with a truck but with less pay and punishment for damaging the company's truck. That would be a very neat way to flesh out the system and give players who are interested in trying it out to get a foot in the door without having to buy an expensive truck.

As for the other things mentioned, I think the variety of trucks is paramount for the job just to give the drivers a personal feel to their job (seeing as they will be driving a lot).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZombieShock said:

I like the sound of that, since you brought up truck simulator you reminded me about how certain jobs provided the player with a truck but with

less pay and punishment for damaging the company's truck. That would be a very neat way to flesh out the system and give players who are interested in trying it out to get a foot in the door without having to buy an expensive truck.

As for the other things mentioned, I think the variety of trucks is paramount for the job just to give the drivers a personal feel to their job (seeing as they will be driving a lot).

Yeah because I could hire people to drive for me and they could make me money and they would get paid also. I just hope you can set a cost of a job though so that could happen. I would pay my drivers very well. I just hope you can add chrome,stacks,bumpers,fenders,lights,paint, and tons more to the trucks and trailers to make them your own personal rigs.

2 minutes ago, CumminsOutlaw said:

Thanks Vix I appreciate it.

No problem. :D Just remembered I have something on the topic, so here it is. :)

• Like 2

That'd be good.. And what do you guys think about roadtrains maybe being in Identify? You could carry more load at once if you want to. If any of you don't know what a roadtrain is, it's Australian slang for a truck carrying two or more trailers joined together like carriages on a coal train.

• Like 1

@Isaacdevil I am glad you explained what a roadtrain is! I had no idea xD.  I think they will be useful if you had large quantities to deliver.  Sadly, I don't really see a use for them in Identity. I mean, what can you get in such a large quantity that you need a Roadtrain? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@Isaacdevil I am glad you explained what a roadtrain is! I had no idea xD.  I think they will be useful if you had large quantities to deliver.  Sadly, I don't really see a use for them in Identity. I mean, what can you get in such a large quantity that you need a Roadtrain? 

Saffron

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

Coal mining, oil etc. It's not that you always need it.. It's a more efficient solution since you are delivering more load at once. This could be a step up from cheaper trucks.. You would buy a Mack Titan so you can carry multiple carriages which are full of load.

Edited by Isaacdevil
Grammar error.
  • Like 1

Lol.. I didn't mean that long, I just meant 2-4 trailers usually being used haha. There might be a use for that though. Although pretty unlikely.

Edited by Isaacdevil
Extending.
  • Like 1

@Isaacdevil and @fuzz. I have no doubt that road trains are used in real life, I meant would they be used in Identity. I don't think it would. Don't get me wrong, I think seeing a roadtrain passing you on the streets of Identity would be amazing. I just don't think it would be practical in this game. 

• Like 2

Roadtrains are sweet but they are not in the united states and our 53' trailers are bigger than two of those in one. I not saying I don't like them but it is the USA that Identity is set in.

It could be.. I mean, this game can be better by using things from other countries.

Edited by Isaacdevil
  • Like 1

On 12/02/2016 at 5:39 PM, Isaacdevil said:

That'd be good.. And what do you guys think about roadtrains maybe being in Identify? You could carry more load at once if you want to. If any of you don't know what a roadtrain is, it's Australian slang for a truck carrying two or more trailers joined together like carriages on a coal train.

If road trains were implemented I imagine that there would be laws prohibiting them from driving in the city as well as the fact that they would probably be too difficult to maneuver in a city. It would be cheaper as well (I imagine) to have a road train rather than 3 separate trucks so if there was a player driven mining business for example it would be more efficient to have the workers load the one truck. 

• Like 1

Yeah! You're right about both roadtrains being more efficient but illegal in the city. That won't be an issue though.. The trailers can be unloaded in a depo. before the city and they can become 2 trailer semi's.

• Like 2