Striker

Grappling hook

For the criminals they should have the abilities to use a grappling hook like in real life to get on top of buildings. The kind of hook you throw and it hooks on to what you are throwing it at. The kind where you throw, hook, then climb. Not just the criminals though, I think many other kinds of people or just people should be able to use a grappling hook. These could just be way more expensive. It would help with both criminals and cops.

Edited by Striker

Seem unrealistic to me, we're not in just cause :P, but maybe a special police unit could have one for some hostage taking. But grappling hooks should be restricted, for example you can't throw your hook more than 10 meters above or something like that.

Edited by Freebios

@Striker police can see that you want to use a grappling hook just by looking at your outfit (belts etc.). if you're not a police special unit you'll get jailed (basejumping in the downtown?! never)

Edited by Shimozukachi

On 1/24/2016 at 6:40 AM, Freebios said:

Seem unrealistic to me, we're not in just cause :P, but maybe a special police unit could have one for some hostage taking. But grappling hooks should be restricted, for example you can't throw your hook more than 10 meters above or something like that.

I mean't the kind of grappling hook not in just cause.

On 1/24/2016 at 1:04 PM, Striker said:

For the criminals they should have the abilities to use a grappling hook to get on top of buildings. The kind of hook you throw and it hooks on to what you are throwing it at. The kind where you throw, hook, then climb. Not just the criminals though, I think many other kinds of people or just people should be able to use a grappling hook. These could just be way more expensive. It would help with both criminals and cops.

Remember that Identity is meant to simulate real life, albeit more simple. People don't go around with grappling hooks. 

This is something I see becoming an issue, people wanting this game to be like GTA. The first thing to remember is that this is not GTA. It's all about realism. You act out the life of a realistic character with a backstory, emotions, and ambitions. You don't go around shooting people or jumping on top of buildings. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Johnny said:

Remember that Identity is meant to simulate real life, albeit more simple. People don't go around with grappling hooks. 

This is something I see becoming an issue, people wanting this game to be like GTA. The first thing to remember is that this is not GTA. It's all about realism. You act out the life of a realistic character with a backstory, emotions, and ambitions. You don't go around shooting people or jumping on top of buildings. 

Finally someone said it!

On 24/01/2016 at 1:40 PM, Freebios said:

no no no not the one where you grapple and fly to it its like the the one you throw and you rappel up on the rope like in rainbow six siege 

Edited by Krystian

On 26/01/2016 at 1:50 PM, Johnny said:

yes I understand we don't want civs with grappling hooks but maybe like the hitmans or robbers who are pro that will break in through the roof or something like that

31 minutes ago, Krystian said:

yes I understand we don't want civs with grappling hooks but maybe like the hitmans or robbers who are pro that will break in through the roof or something like that

But they don't use them. That's only in the movies.

You guys obviously aren't actually listening to what he is saying. Just because the game is supposed to be realistic doesn't mean this will break the realism. Grappling hooks as in you need to set it up and climb. No, not like just cause, but like rainbow six siege. Rainbow six siege is literally based around terrorists and cops. There is literally nothing unrealistic about people using grappling hooks to rappel down a building or climb up a building. Also its not like the people are going to land the grappling hook everytime, unless they are good at it. Another thing it adds is creativity. They could just be expensive also. If you have like a wilderness shop that sells all type of stuff, then you could have it be sold there for a lot of money. Enough money that the average citizen that is just chilling out couldn't just walk in and be like "Ooh, I wanna buy this."

14 hours ago, RoundOctagon said:

You guys obviously aren't actually listening to what he is saying. Just because the game is supposed to be realistic doesn't mean this will break the realism. Grappling hooks as in you need to set it up and climb. No, not like just cause, but like rainbow six siege. Rainbow six siege is literally based around terrorists and cops. There is literally nothing unrealistic about people using grappling hooks to rappel down a building or climb up a building. Also its not like the people are going to land the grappling hook everytime, unless they are good at it. Another thing it adds is creativity. They could just be expensive also. If you have like a wilderness shop that sells all type of stuff, then you could have it be sold there for a lot of money. Enough money that the average citizen that is just chilling out couldn't just walk in and be like "Ooh, I wanna buy this."

he doesn't mean the normal ones. that'S why we're complaining :P

Seriously, when was the last time anyone heard anywhere about a burglar/robber who broke into the building using a grappling hook? No one does that in real life! It's just something you see in movies and games because it looks cool.

7 minutes ago, Vix said:

Seriously, when was the last time anyone heard anywhere about a burglar/robber who broke into the building using a grappling hook? No one does that in real life! It's just something you see in movies and games because it looks cool.

+1, In real life you can buy a grappling hook easily but you don't use it to climb walls because it's dangerous, but in video games you don't care if something is dangerous or not, and people will abuse it.

2 minutes ago, Freebios said:

+1, In real life you can buy a grappling hook easily but you don't use it to climb walls because it's dangerous, but in video games you don't care if something is dangerous or not, and people will abuse it.

Exactly. People use those stuff when it comes to hiking etc, no one throws a grappling hook at the bank and climbs on top of the roof to then let themself down on a line and avoid lasers etc. xD It's not an action movie, or even an action game. If grappling hooks were in the game they'd have to either be really expensive, which is unrealistic since they're fairly cheap in real life, or everyone would have grappling hooks and instead of Identity being a social role-play game it'd become a Spiderman Simulator.

2 hours ago, Vix said:

Exactly. People use those stuff when it comes to hiking etc, no one throws a grappling hook at the bank and climbs on top of the roof to then let themself down on a line and avoid lasers etc. xD It's not an action movie, or even an action game. If grappling hooks were in the game they'd have to either be really expensive, which is unrealistic since they're fairly cheap in real life, or everyone would have grappling hooks and instead of Identity being a social role-play game it'd become a Spiderman Simulator.

He also said it himself :

2 hours ago, Freebios said:

You basically just said that in real life you don't use it because it's dangerous, and since it's a Real life sim, you should be scared of using it since it may be dangerous.

Really tho, it would become Spiderman meets Rainbow 6 meets COD meets GTA meets Just Cause 3 and we don't want any of that stuff

Spiderman doesn't throw his webs on to a building, hook it on, and then climb up. If know one knew this I mean't the realistic kind of hook. The hook you can find in the gamefly gta 5 video thing. I've seen many people use them to climb buildings, not kidding.

Edited by Striker

4 minutes ago, Striker said:

Spiderman doesn't throw his webs on to a building, hook it on, and then climb up. If know one knew this I mean't the realistic kind of hook. The hook you can find in the gamefly gta 5 video thing.

Where do you live to see people use grapling hooks? We're talking about realism here, not games. "Realistic hooks like in GTA V" is a contradiction. Realistic hooks are in rl. Not in games. And in rl no one uses grappling hooks unless they go hiking in the mountains.

7 hours ago, Vix said:

Where do you live to see people use grapling hooks?

Somewhere, and have you even seen the hook I am talking about. Its a rope with a hook on the end of it.

Edited by Striker

3 minutes ago, Striker said:

Idaho, and have you even seen the hook I am talking about. Its a rope with a hook on the end of it.

Yeah. And again- where do you see people in real life using it?

2 minutes ago, RoundOctagon said:

he literally just said idaho, where he lives.

I know, I read it. But I want to know where specifically, like a situation where it occurs so often to the point it should be added to the game because it's a rather "common" thing that'd add realism to the game. Where I live no one uses grappling hooks. Ever. So for me it'd be unrealistic to have civilians, cops and robbers climb stuff with grappling hooks, since only people who own them are weapon-freaks who collect these sort of things.