gorgoroth

misacleneous sounds

this is a topic which is for those small details that create a more immersive game experience, all those little thing that make a game more realistic. 

for example here are some sounds id like to be included:

-the sound tires make when driving slow on concrete

-the sound of an engine cooling down when you leave the car

-a realistic horn sound instead of a horn that sounds like a bad sample like in games like just cause 3

-realistic footsteps that change depending on what your walking on or what shoes you have on

these are small things that can be added to make a game that much better but as long as the sounds dont sound like a really bad sample such as a very monotone horn noise in that as soon as you press the horn it makes one constant noise instead of very quickly building to the noise 

definitely nitpicky things but its things that make a game that much better

but what would the rest of the community like to see? or hear 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

already exists in almost every game since the 3d universe started

even new games like just cause 3 and things like that still have bad sounds at weird places

3 minutes ago, gorgoroth said:

even new games like just cause 3 and things like that still have bad sounds at weird places

weird place sounds are still sounds :P

In some MMORPGs with weather effects when it's raining there are different sounds for standing directly in the rain and standing beneath an umbrella or a roof. Like in Don't Starve if it's raining and you equip an umbrella the rain sounds like it's actually hitting your umbrella. :D

Speaking of sounds- I think it'd be cool to have HIGH HEELS sound! Because everyone knows flat shoes sound completely different than heels. Heels are super loud on some surfaces (and supper annoying on other surfaces).

I want to hear the difference in texture and sound when I step on different surfaces, can't tell if it's ASMR but I enjoy hearing the difference from stepping on different surfaces in games.