kriller509

Earlier Release

(Deleted bc i wrote this when i was really angry and probably should have)

Edited by kriller509
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, kriller509 said:

I apologize for my sharp language, but you guys need to get your shit together. Have you ever heard of a game called Survive The Nights? If that name sounds familiar it's because once upon a time it had some of the greatest hype it could ask for. It's an indie survival game focused on day-to-day survival. I pre-ordered it two years ago and it still hasn't released. You sure as hell don't hear anyone talking about it anymore.

The problem with these big titles is that you guys promise one thing, hype it up, then by the time you release you're going to find that you've lost a lot of the hype and a lot of members of the community. It's plain and simple: If you can't learn how to meet a target date then you shouldn't have hyped or released a time frame at all.

This game is going to largely rely on large communities playing on servers. Do you think that's going to happen with what you've been doing? I'm excited about the game, but you wait another year before release and you're going to see a massive decrease in community enthusiasm, hype, and count. Even those who have purchased the game might even forget that they ever owned it, a year is a long time to wait and people are very forgetful.

If you care about the game, you'll release it earlier than 2018. You'll get your act together and you'll release it by late 2017. You're doing what so many other games have done and caused them to fail. You can't wait until the game is perfectly polished to release, you need to release it when its been marketed, and you need to release it when core gameplay and mechanics have been implemented. You're trying too hard to create the perfect world and the perfect gameplay, and it'll all be for nothing if the community required to power said gameplay diminishes.

It's also not just about initial hype. On release, the game needs to be able to expand, and releasing the game late is only going to make so you'll have a starting community that will just decrease with time. You need to be able to grow to power games like this and that won't happen with what you have going. So I beg that if you do actually value the game and want it to grow rather than shrink, then you need to release it by late 2017, because otherwise, you're going to be looking at another game that starts off big and then fades out really fast.

Signed,

A concerned citizen

Hello @kriller509

I can say thee devs do take the concern of their followers seriously but firstly if you mean release the game by the end of 2017 then you are mistaken because the game itself won't be released before 2018. They have 3 modules to release before the beta and only then will the game be released at some point. The 1st module will be released very soon and then the s.w.a.t. module will not be too long after. After the modules release then modules will be frequently updated as they go a long.

The devs have their plans set and I am sure the game will still be popular and even more popular once it hits release as many people actually don't know of the game as of yet and it should increase with popularity instead of decreasing.

Best regards,

LuckyDuck.

• Like 1

Crowd funding is truly a gamble. Most of the time you have people begging for cash, and you get some half-assed .exe file, but Asylum Entertainment has so far created believable content. I admit I have questions about guns and vehicles feeling realistic, and how far you can go with character customization. I doubt it's gonna be close to a SQUAD, EVE Online character customization, DIRT Rally formula. But so far considering it's only a small team taking the weight of Star Citizen on their shoulders and experience of ARMA 3 Life, I'd say they're quite ambitious for now. 

I'll just live my life as is for now. I do have a little wishful thinking about Leslie Benzies hiring Asylum Entertainment for the "Everywhere" project. And hopefully the two emerging as one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilberDrachen893 said:

I'll just live my life as is for now. I do have a little wishful thinking about Leslie Benzies hiring Asylum Entertainment for the "Everywhere" project. And hopefully the two emerging as one. 

I would rather them not be 1 because well, what do we even have a clue about "Everywhere"? That has nothing so far and Benzies will likely go the GTA way with having AI roaming. who knows, he might not but we have to wait.

11 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

I would rather them not be 1 because well, what do we even have a clue about "Everywhere"? That has nothing so far and Benzies will likely go the GTA way with having AI roaming. who knows, he might not but we have to wait.

If Benzies would ad AI which would act like agents in a game like STALKER with their own schedules, it would seriously add more life to the game. 

5 minutes ago, SilberDrachen893 said:

If Benzies would ad AI which would act like agents in a game like STALKER with their own schedules, it would seriously add more life to the game. 

Well I am here for no AI as GTA already gives me the AI option. Also AI cannot be interacted with like players and so really it is more immersive without AI in the world. Another thing is I don't like AI especially in GTA/ driving around because they ram you randomly, they don't go at green lights straight away and you cannot yell at them making them react to you. I think having no AI is for the better as for RP and also as it is more immersive instead of having it "more life like". Sacrificing the "More life like" for immersion and RP potential interaction is a worthy sacrifice to me.

• Like 2

I don't want an earlier release just an earlier beta because destiny was released a lot earlier than it was supposed to and it was garbage compared to what it was supposed to be, so like i said screw earlier release people can wait but I wouldn't mind seeing an earlier beta so we  the people can see what is being worked on and how far you guys have come and so we ourselves and give compliments and notes so you guys can have it easier on the development  because you will have the feedback notes on what needs fixing or what could use improvement or most of all what could already be perfect.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nativeyoung said:

I don't want an earlier release just an earlier beta because destiny was released a lot earlier than it was supposed to and it was garbage compared to what it was supposed to be, so like i said screw earlier release people can wait but I wouldn't mind seeing an earlier beta so we  the people can see what is being worked on and how far you guys have come and so we ourselves and give compliments and notes so you guys can have it easier on the development  because you will have the feedback notes on what needs fixing or what could use improvement or most of all what could already be perfect.

Yeah, the devs can't be rushed, that is why No Man's Sky was so bad. People complain about this game taking so long to release, and it being like No Man's Sky when ironically, a complaining community that doesn't understand that game development needs the predicted time multiplied by 3 because you don't know what will happen on the way, that community is one the big reasons why No Man's Sky and other Indies have flopped. This keeps happening to indies, don't let it happen to such an amazing game as Identity.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MntnChicken said:

Yeah, the devs can't be rushed, that is why No Man's Sky was so bad. People complain about this game taking so long to release, and it being like No Man's Sky when ironically, a complaining community that doesn't understand that game development needs the predicted time multiplied by 3 because you don't know what will happen on the way, that community is one the big reasons why No Man's Sky and other Indies have flopped. This keeps happening to indies, don't let it happen to such an amazing game as Identity.

Exactly if you want to pledge more so they can hire more and get bigger teams so thing can go more smoothly awesome but never ask for earlier release dates because that's when games go to shit because they get released way too soon and things get unfinished and shit crashes....let the devs take their time so we can have a beautiful game that everyone can love

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Orbiit said:

Maybe they could release sooner if they had more developers....

They have the money to get more devs right now....

i've never seen a more entitled post. i've always known gamers were entitled but holy jesus. i mean if you want something has half-baked as destiny, go ahead and have them release early only for a large majority of people to hate the game and thus learn to not trust the game company. you are demanding the cookie when the dough isn't even done being mixed. you talk about hype but the only """"hype"""" i've seen has been on their own website which is kind of duh, you don't go to a website that sells bowls and see them hyping up the existence of spoons when they don't even sell spoons. now i would have liked it if they did something similar to what yanderedev is doing and have monthly update videos, but we do get to see the progress on their modules and on the forums.

honestly, shut the fuck up. you have no idea what it is like to build a game nor the time is takes to actually make a game good. what you ARE asking for is another TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE early-access bullshit game like day-z and ark. you need to sit right the fuck down and calm the fuck down.

it is people like you that fucking grind my gears.

shut

the

fuck

up

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ghhoooooooooost said:

i've never seen a more entitled post. i've always known gamers were entitled but holy jesus. i mean if you want something has half-baked as destiny, go ahead and have them release early only for a large majority of people to hate the game and thus learn to not trust the game company. you are demanding the cookie when the dough isn't even done being mixed. you talk about hype but the only """"hype"""" i've seen has been on their own website which is kind of duh, you don't go to a website that sells bowls and see them hyping up the existence of spoons when they don't even sell spoons. now i would have liked it if they did something similar to what yanderedev is doing and have monthly update videos, but we do get to see the progress on their modules and on the forums.

honestly, shut the fuck up. you have no idea what it is like to build a game nor the time is takes to actually make a game good. what you ARE asking for is another TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE early-access bullshit game like day-z and ark. you need to sit right the fuck down and calm the fuck down.

it is people like you that fucking grind my gears.

shut

the

fuck

up

Couldn't have said it better myself. The amount of people I have heard complaining about delays saying that game development takes time isn't a valid argument... It takes time, what do they need to say? You run into issues that you didn't expect. Shut up because you are the ones turning good indie games into failures when they are released too early.

Edited by MntnChicken

13 minutes ago, MntnChicken said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. The amount of people I have heard complaining about delays saying that game development takes time isn't a valid argument... It takes time, what do they need to say? You run into issues that you didn't expect. Shut up because you are the ones turning good indie games into failures when they are released too early.

thank you! people don't seem understand the time and money it takes for even the shittiest of games to be released. let's look at day-z; it's been on steam since late 2013 and has remained in early access that entire time. why? because the whole game is a scam set up by a team of semi talented modders who may have gotten a bit too big headed. they realized they could release this game with 90% negative feedback but still have gained money and put out """"updates"""" to the game that just fix tiny tiny bugs and glitches that honestly shouldn't have even been a thing if they were at all capable of double checking their own code. this is the game that Kriller509 wants, a game that spent like 10sec in the oven and was then thrown out and splattered all over the kitchen where the baker turns and tells you "dinner is ready" and forces you to eat it off the ground. he wants another day-z because "WELL YOU SAID GAMES NAME SO GAME MUST EXIST NOW AND I WANT IT AND I'M THE CONSUMER SO GIVE ME IT IT'S MY GAME NOT YOURS". the fool wants another andromeda when we already have that.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:20 PM, kriller509 said:

If you care about the game, you'll release it earlier than 2018. You'll get your act together and you'll release it by late 2017.

so what? you work in the studio and know everything that's going on? what entitlement do you possess that allows you to give such egregious demands to someone so much bigger than you? you can see them talking in the forums if you care so much about development or see their progress on the modules page, so you need to stop being an entitled asshat and learn to sit down and zip up. you need to take like several seats because you obviously OBVIOUSLY have never developed a game. if you want to play it so bad, pay up so you can play the beta. otherwise, shut up. stop playing games. just stop everything.

1 hour ago, ghhoooooooooost said:

so what? you work in the studio and know everything that's going on? what entitlement do you possess that allows you to give such egregious demands to someone so much bigger than you? you can see them talking in the forums if you care so much about development or see their progress on the modules page, so you need to stop being an entitled asshat and learn to sit down and zip up. you need to take like several seats because you obviously OBVIOUSLY have never developed a game. if you want to play it so bad, pay up so you can play the beta. otherwise, shut up. stop playing games. just stop everything.

I'm an indie game developer since 2012, making survival games and first person shooters with my latest game releasing on Steam this coming fall. You seem to be confused about my message. I'm saying that this is a heavily community-driven game based on the massive amount of players required for the servers, and I was expressing concern that such release times would massively reduce the community due to the hype of the game seems to be dying down. And I did pay for the beta.

The problem is that developers don't know how to meet a deadline. I would know. They feel they have to get things just right and just perfect before release which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but rather than focusing on a lot of the unnecessary features of the game, core ones should be developed first and then misc. features. The key is to get the game out there, and to grow and prove yourself to be competent through the patches and updates released after the game. Early releases are made for this reason.

*And I agree about the shitty DayZ developers, fun mod, shitty standalone with half-witted developers. But at least they got the game out when it was popular as DayZ like identity is community-driven. They just failed to do good with the patches and updates after release.

Edited by kriller509

if you are an indie dev then you should know the kind of task they are taking on, especially since it is an online indie game. even if it is a "community driven" game, it's not like that will be the sole only content as they have stated there will be other things beyond community based stuff. then even beyond that they have to deal with online and servers and the shit that goes along with that, AND having private servers that they've already promised and all that on it's own is a shit fest, especially depending on whether or not they use peer to peer or dedicated. then there's 3d character creation and how deep they'll expand it. streaming youtube and such to in game tv's, which actually isn't too hard of a thing to implement but still a thing. my point is there is a lot to the game beyond that of community driven 3d items. my estimate is that most community based items will be clothing, furniture and art which if that was all that was in the game would be a sad game indeed. since this is a simulator there's so so so so much more to the game that could be put in. a crime based system, careers, payment and transfers, voice chat based on proximity, fighting and violence, leveling, and so much more that goes far beyond just community based ITEMS.

my point is that you're demand is so pretentious and foolish and rude that i cannot even accept that you could possibly be working on a game, and if you are it is surely not the back ends of it. this is a HUGE game, and with every huge project comes huge problems. think of the devs, both coding, modeling, and animators, there's SO much they have to do and to say that most of the game will be community based is just ridiculous and fucked.

this isn't tf2 where the items are mostly made by the community and tweaked by the devs, if it were then in that regard i would agree with you since valve doesn't do much to the game itself other than balancing, like they have today. however since this is a sim and not an fps there is so much more to the game than items.

if you are a dev, you should really learn some fucking patience.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ghhoooooooooost said:

Items are mostly made by the community and tweaked by the devs, if it were then in that regard i would agree with you since valve doesn't do much to the game itself other than balancing, like they have today. however since this is a sim and not an fps there is so much more to the game than items.

You speak of pretentiousness and yet here you are acting like you've got a life of experience on your back, and a degree in your hand.

I did not ever specifically mention community ITEMS. I said community-driven, as in that the majority of gameplay comes from the community (as in jobs, roleplay, politics, etc.). In your own stupidity, you just skimmed over my post and assumed yourself to be right, then went on a rampage writing as fast as you could about something that I never said. But my apologies as well, I wasn't aware that all Game Developers had to fit into a specific stereotype in order to be game developers. I'll work on that.

You say that it's not only community-based stuff, and you're right about 5% of the game isn't community-driven. But as for the politics, jobs, roleplay, economy, criminal activity, corporations, and just about everything else in the game, it is community-driven. So I would heavily implore you to read up on the game before going off as if you knew what you were talking about.

And sorry that a concerned member of the community expressed their concerns. From this day forward I should automatically assume that all my concerns are meaningless, simply because I am apparently too incompetent in your eyes to understand the grand projects that are being laid before me. And I will refrain from any further comment, for I was unaware that I had to be perfect in your eyes in order to express even the slightest amount of worry for a game that I care so deeply about, and which you seem to know very little about.

Edited by kriller509
  • Like 1

You could also put into play the All Points Bulletin game, it took like what 8 years to come about. With little money spent on advertisements before release. The game I followed for around 5 of those years. I even bought it when it released along with the community that was in closed beta. Sadly it still wound up flunking out and not only flunking but destroyed a company youve probably heard of Real Time Worlds. The creators (or publishers been a while) of the original Crackdown. They released at a 60dollar buy in. The concept was great and at the time the customization,last.fm,and all the good things about it still didnt get enough support.Now this game this game has much more potential they didnt do the previous buy in for closed beta. Nor did they have kickstarter. But theyve already raised a bunch of money. At least a bunch compared to regular people like me at 15k a yearish. Yall already have a decent soon to be player base. Those people all tell 5 people once its released. Yall have a ton of extra profits. Though i dont know the amount of employees yall have but it could be something or it could be meagar but point being once it comes down to time. Either from the money from release and the extra players or at least 4 months before you need to be putting some serious money into tv ads and youtube. Even facebook, you gotta get the face out. But i see alot of true potential in this game if they dont accidentally funnel the money into the wrong areas. People wont care if the graphics are a little below par if the game is good and the mechanics play smoothly.

Edited by Peridot5XG
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, kriller509 said:

And sorry that a concerned member of the community expressed their concerns. From this day forward I should automatically assume that all my concerns are meaningless, simply because I am apparently too incompetent in your eyes to understand the grand projects that are being laid before me. And I will refrain from any further comment, for I was unaware that I had to be perfect in your eyes in order to express even the slightest amount of worry for a game that I care so deeply about, and which you seem to know very little about.

i did actually truly believe when you said "community driven" you meant items and such, because i believe this game has a large enough following that once it comes out that it will still be successful and word will spread fast. if you believe it will lose a following, because god forbid they wish to put out a good game that actually works and doesn't require dlc after dlc after update after patch to survive, then i'm sure it would be something of a soft launch where it would gain a large amount of popularity over time.

and i still do believe you're being an asshole to suggest, actually demand, that an indie company put out a LARGE game earlier than their projected date because it's community driven? to me it sounds as though you WANT another no mans sky, day-z, everquest landmark, sims online, and the list could go on of failed games either because of lack of INITIAL content or lack of community that could have easily had their problems solved had they been given the chance to truly perfect and make the game better. i cannot fathom that a person who has worked on a game would demand something so idiotic. right now you sound more like a publisher then anything else. i'm sure they have a team of people, or will obtain a team of people, that will do all the marketing for the game once it comes out to get it a following. i don't know if you've heard that there are careers in marketing and sales? if the game does lose it's community, which happens to ALL games that are announced and then don't release for quite some time, then there are people who are paid to get it back and more. the most recent example i can think of is no mans sky, they had small announcements here and there of the games concepts and art and tweeted how they were working on it back in 2013/2012, then about 2-give or take- years later it has it's huge showing at e32015 and is then released 2016, where in that time of it's e3 debut and it's release had gained a huge following and many fans eager to play this monster of a game, to then only be ridiculed and used as the but of jokes now since it did promise A LOT and just straight lied to so many people. i'm sure asylum doesn't want to make this same mistake and has taken precautions, just as every indie company should. see the problem with no man's sky was that they had sony backing them and sony has been known to rush out games at their pique. look at the psp, same concept as the switch but was rushed out buggy and laggy because sony wanted that small bit of lime light.

On 6/16/2017 at 0:20 PM, kriller509 said:

If you care about the game, you'll release it earlier than 2018. You'll get your act together and you'll release it by late 2017

you can state your concern all you wish to, but to demand something so beyond yourself is just rude. you do not know what they are doing every day, you may claim to work for an indie company but not all companies work the same way, you do not have an idea what they could be working on, and to demand that they "get [their] act together" is so mean and hateful that i can't help but have concern of my own that another neckbeard is demanding something they don't deserve.

what you seem to be implying is "i've heard of games existence and know that it will fail unless it is released when i say so because i know what i'm talking about, i've worked on a game before" which is just rude and delusional. i'm not skimming over your comments and furiously typing, see that's what the internet is good for because i do actually check what you say and check my response and make sure that i feel that it is an adequate response, but i think that you are skimming mine.

yes the game will lose a community, but ALL games do when they take time to release. people are forgetful, they're human, and i'm sure that asylum has accounted for that downside of humanity. neither of us work with them so neither of us can demand them to do things when we don't know what's going on behind the curtains. all we can do is spread the word, give suggestions on how the game could be great, and calmly wait to see what it will be once it comes out. play the beta once this module is done and show your friends and co-workers if you are so concerned with this game losing its community.

My god, it's almost as if you truly believe you're the sole hero created by Asylum to fight the injustice of the forums. Get over yourself, you pronounce me as rude for such demands, and yet here you are blatantly saying "I'm right, you're wrong, and fuck you for saying anything that I disagree with".

All your points have been focused on name-calling, and insults, without presenting any new information, and then when you're called out for your ignorance you once again take up your previous stance. This isn't a debate, it's a joke.

To prove my point: (and showcase how condescending you are):

17 minutes ago, ghhoooooooooost said:

and i still do believe you're being an asshole

i cannot fathom that a person who has worked on a game would demand something so idiotic

i don't know if you've heard that there are careers in marketing and sales?

another neckbeard is demanding something they don't deserve.

you are skimming mine.

And that's in just your latest reply. Who can count them all? Have you heard of a debate? Because it is done by presenting new information to counter information given by the other party, not throw off names and declare the other person this and that, so you've proven to me this isn't a debate, and so anything more you add is nothing more than a waste of my time to read.

Edited by kriller509

okay now i know you've only been skimming as i have provided new information, just in my previous reply, as to why i believe this game should remain in development until it is actually done. you used you're "yes well IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'VE worked for an indie company" as though you have more insight than me but you don't, we have the same insight as to what is going on. i have provided information and evidence as to why i believe what i say, and yet you focus on the name calling? i mean you're the ignorant one, not even taking the time to read what i say. and i'm not saying that what i say is law and should be taken as such, what i'm saying is that they have every right to not release the game in 2017 and believe, provided with evidence as to why, that they should be taking as much time as they can to make this game what they promise it to be. if you aren't going to take the time to see what i have to say and actually take in my information because of your excuse that can be comparable to "well my dad works at nintendo" thinking it makes you higher than me, then go ahead and not respond, but i've done a lot more than ridicule you and you've just skimmed over it.