gorgoroth

longevity of identity for rp'ers

in a lot of ways this game has a lot of chance to be the "rp game" killer, replacing the other titles mainly used for rp such as second life ect. (excluding games based in different time eras/fantasy worlds)

if this game is done right and almost perfectly, do you think that this game will outlast the other games similar and do you think members who have put so much time into these other games will easily move over to identity? or do you think this game will appeal more to the casual rp'ers and new comers?

i personally think this game has a great chance of "replacing" these games as it seems to have much more options and seems like it'll be a lot easier to get into without the need of micro-transactions so i think it'll be a great place for all experience levels but i think there will be a lot of people from other games not whiling to give up all they've done in these other games to start over. also aslong as the devs do a good job of keeping out hackers ext and keep the game up to date and not leaving it after a year or two, i think this game will be able to hold up.

(not saying experienced rp'ers are not going to be apart of this game and i am not saying only casuals will join, just thinking more of a majority)

Other RP games aren't even RP games. Every MMORPG I've played has few small role playing communities within itself, but the whole title is more of a Massively Multiplayer Game rather than MMORPG. They're focused on questing, crafting, fighting, pvp and leave very little room for actual player interaction and role play. In most MMORPGs you'll get ridiculed for acting like you're your character. 

Identity for me looks like primarily RP with all the Game aspects on second place. There are little NPCs, most buildings are accessible by all and there'll be more focus on player interaction than grinding and leveling up. Identity reminds me more of Sims than World Of Warcraft.

It's amazing to see gamers of all ages say that Identity is a game they've been waiting for  forever, it's crazy that no one made simply a Real Life Simulator.

I think Identity will be a hit :D

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vix said:

Other RP games aren't even RP games. Every MMORPG I've played has few small role playing communities within itself, but the whole title is more of a Massively Multiplayer Game rather than MMORPG. They're focused on questing, crafting, fighting, pvp and leave very little room for actual player interaction and role play. In most MMORPGs you'll get ridiculed for acting like you're your character. 

Identity for me looks like primarily RP with all the Game aspects on second place. There are little NPCs, most buildings are accessible by all and there'll be more focus on player interaction than grinding and leveling up. Identity reminds me more of Sims than World Of Warcraft.

It's amazing to see gamers of all ages say that Identity is a game they've been waiting for  forever, it's crazy that no one made simply a Real Life Simulator.

I think Identity will be a hit :D

i warcraft ive found there has been quite big rp communities as long as you're on an rp server (well on my server anyway) it is slowly getting less people but i get what you're saying, i love the idea of identity and i hope they live up to the hype.

also hope that this game doesnt fully rely on people needing to buy a lot of things with real money just to be able to have an enjoyable time playing the game like i've seen a few games supposed to be based in rp do.

i get that there are no games like this so im basing this off of games that have tried to be like this in the past or atleast games that were meant to be more of a life simulator for rp and the people who play those games more than likely have put an incredible amount of time and money into those games so i think those are the people we might not see wanting this game because they dont want to give it all up.

thats why i was asking everyone here aswell if this will replace the games they currently use :) (if this game lives up to expectations and is well maintained)

I agree that this game will potentially reach the top of RP and after getting to know Motown and talking to him for a bit, there's no way they will mess it up. There will be micro-transactions, but you will not be able to purchase anything that will give you an advantage against other players, they will never do that I was told.

• Like 2

I've played a role play game for 2-3 years before, though it was more of a chat room with avatars. IMVU anyone? The only reason I played it for so long was because Polish community found a way to earn free cash to buy customizables. IMVU was heavily focused on purchasing all sorts of things made by community, there were thousands of items added daily, clothes, pets, avatar models, faces, houses, furniture, music... You could buy any thing but when I began to play only way to earn money was either becoming a designer, buying cash with real cash or inviting friends. About 2 years later they added another way to earn money for free, but you were earning 25-50 cash daily and most decent items costed 400+ cash. You got, if I reckon, 1500 cash on start with few customizables, so you still looked like everyone if you didn't purchase cash. 

i don't want any cheap fantasy final fantasy round based fighting system game where a sword is better than a gun and the only rpg is the skilltree that you'Ve seen from ultra budokakisomething asian mega 2.0 hd reloaded remake where you need to buy a cheap sword for 20000$ because you'll need 100 sparkles of sparkness from giant rats with a dropchance of 0.00001% if you want to farm it because it's better than your flaming acid chainsword of asian tolets and your space doom towel shield mmorpgs anymore. i want identity! NOW! just kidding. can wait until it's modules are available in the next years (townsquare still at 55%). at least it'S not electronic arts where you have to collect all 150 dlcs and win against trainers... sry, that last sentence was inspired by pokemon.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

i don't want any cheap fantasy final fantasy round based fighting system game where a sword is better than a gun and the only rpg is the skilltree that you'Ve seen from ultra budokakisomething asian mega 2.0 hd reloaded remake where you need to buy a cheap sword for 20000$ because you'll need 100 sparkles of sparkness from giant rats with a dropchance of 0.00001% if you want to farm it because it's better than your flaming acid chainsword of asian tolets and your space doom towel shield mmorpgs anymore. i want identity! NOW! just kidding. can wait until it's modules are available in the next years (townsquare still at 55%). at least it'S not electronic arts where you have to collect all 150 dlcs and win against trainers... sry, that last sentence was inspired by pokemon.

they said that its closer to 95% finished, the website isnt as accurate, (just my opinion) the 55% might be the overall game because its been going for over a year and due out next year so 55% kind of fits for the whole game, but there is a tweet saying town square is more like 95% and i cant wait haha

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll see it in next few months, no clue how long it'll take them to polish this baby. :D

I get what you're talking about @Shimozukachi. I played FFXIV. Oh my freaking glob the grind!

• Like 1

Bruh, an RP community needs to exist in this game. Although some people might stick to traditional chat based RP as it's easier to take on a character and act it out. I certainly feel that way cause I've never really RP'ed to multiple people via voip, so it'll be a new and kind of awkward experience for me but Identity has got to be worth it. I think that it'll be a game that'll last a very long while, GTA SA-MP alone is from like.. 2006 or whatever and it's still going strong, so I have full faith in this game. 

2 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

@Dizzle if you want a 100% only chat communitcation game you should play asian ptw mmorpgs like pwi http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/pwi

I played GTA SA-MP for like years, and it was all chat based so that's what I was referring to :P but I MUSTN'T GET INTO CHAT AGAIN, IT WILL MAKE ME MORE NERVOUS FOR VOIP. 

last time i've played it i ended geting chased by wannabe gangster squeakers that got guns because they had higher levels than me and i didn't have a gun. at the end his fuel cars fuel was empty and i called the police. he got jailed for trying to kill me

3 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

last time i've played it i ended geting chased by wannabe gangster squeakers that got guns because they had higher levels than me and i didn't have a gun. at the end his fuel cars fuel was empty and i called the police. he got jailed for trying to kill me

Swag. Lel. I was a cup. (cop) and a gangstur, all of teh things!

5 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

your a shame for your senpai. go continue your training to make me proud of you

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Bruh, an RP community needs to exist in this game. Although some people might stick to traditional chat based RP as it's easier to take on a character and act it out. I certainly feel that way cause I've never really RP'ed to multiple people via voip, so it'll be a new and kind of awkward experience for me but Identity has got to be worth it. I think that it'll be a game that'll last a very long while, GTA SA-MP alone is from like.. 2006 or whatever and it's still going strong, so I have full faith in this game. 

Imagine VOIP roleplay as bedroom roleplay, I think it's pretty much the same.

7 minutes ago, Vix said:

Imagine VOIP roleplay as bedroom roleplay, I think it's pretty much the same.

That doesn't make it any less awkward xP 

@Dizzle bedroom roleplay is awkward for you?... no pizza for you

curry chicken pizza.jpg

Does that have pineapple on it?.. Gross. I don't even want that pizza :L I ordered some yesterday anyway xP 

well, the pizza i ate 2 days ago was much better than any other pizza. my mother makes the best pizzas for me and my brother and sisters :3

well, the pizza i ate 2 days ago was much better than any other pizza. my mother makes the best pizzas for me and my brother and sisters :3

Can... Can I have some pizza? ;o 

21 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

you've written that you don't like pizza :P

I don't like pineapples on my pizza D: