67Jumper

Why Is identity so delayed?

Yeah I agree but we could at least get some short videos regularly showing features of the module, or stuff like tons of screenshots and them actually changing the progress bar.

3 hours ago, Whopper said:

The game can either be:

A: Released soon but be complete garbage

B: Take time and hope they get it good and not be another no mans sky

C: Devs abandon the project with the money they made kek

I'm kidding, but fr though they need to make sure the first module releases within the next couple weeks, or else I'm actually going to be upset, which some impatient people already are.

• Like 3

On 2017-6-23 at 0:26 AM, Orbiit said:

C: Devs abandon the project with the money they made kek

I'm kidding, but fr though they need to make sure the first module releases within the next couple weeks, or else I'm actually going to be upset, which some impatient people already are.

My cousin started a kick starter that took off. The business failed and he couldn't return the money. He now drives a bus. Its to risky for startups to take money and run. And yes I want a beta soon!

Id also love to add how this game will be released before Half Life 3.

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

This why you DONT pre order 

but now I got the game for cheap and I can play the game throughout all the modules + get the full game for free right when it releases on Steam.

2 hours ago, Orbiit said:

but now I got the game for cheap and I can play the game throughout all the modules + get the full game for free right when it releases on Steam.

Could be a flop, id rather spend the extra $10 or wait for steam sale, I never pre order no matter how promising a product looks. Anything can fail, Identity have already failed on 7 promises. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2017 at 2:08 PM, Zeus said:

Could be a flop, id rather spend the extra $10 or wait for steam sale, I never pre order no matter how promising a product looks. Anything can fail, Identity have already failed on 7 promises. 

they havent promised anything... tbh

Personally, I'd rather wait a long time and have a fully working complete game rather than have them release what they have sooner and have it be buggy which will cost them in terms of the fanbase.  I've seen this happen before in other Pre-release games and can assure you it get's very old very fast.

From what I've seen however, it appears the town module will be out very soon since they are working on the final details (library/gallery being the big one).

51 minutes ago, EnraBahn said:

Personally, I'd rather wait a long time and have a fully working complete game rather than have them release what they have sooner and have it be buggy which will cost them in terms of the fanbase.  I've seen this happen before in other Pre-release games and can assure you it get's very old very fast.

From what I've seen however, it appears the town module will be out very soon since they are working on the final details (library/gallery being the big one).

The Town Square module is delayed by 6 months and counting. This topic has been up before, and almost everybody agreed on one thing:

That the developers have to publish anything they got, before this forum loses interest and the hype disappears.

This first module should be the "social" one, and I feel like it will be veeery boring to watch the same 6 movies, doing karaoke, talking to people and going to the museum over and over again. I think the devs could keep people's interest in the first module by releasing anything now, and update it frequently. That way we as consumers would also have our say and opinion heard, to maybe influence the game. Just my opp ;)

Edited by Sasper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sasper said:

The Town Square module is delayed by 6 months and counting. This topic has been up before, and almost everybody agreed on one thing:

That the developers have to publish anything they got, before this forum loses interest and the hype disappears.

This first module should be the "social" one, and I feel like it will be veeery boring to watch the same 6 movies, doing karaoke, talking to people and going to the museum over and over again. I think the devs could keep people's interest in the first module by releasing anything now, and update it frequently. That way we as consumers would also have our say and opinion heard, to maybe influence the game. Just my opp ;)

From the most recent Dev Blog, number seven, it states that they're currently putting the finishing touches on the game (They're finishing the clothes and coffee shop). While I understand that it might be nice to release the game now, but would you rather wait another week or have to play with a glitchy map... give them time. They do update us, just not as frequently as everyone so deeply wants. How often do we get updates from bigger gaming comapnies like Treyarch? not every day... not every week... maybe once a month. Which is way less than what we already have. The developers stream every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and answer questions, show parts of the game. I just say that we stop complaining once and for all and be patient, because complaining about not getting enough updates isn't gonna change anything. Has it so far? over the past 3+ months people have been complaining? no... it hasn't. So there's no point. I know this one post won't stop the ignorant people that continue to complain they're not receiving enough updates... but come on, this is getting to a very ridiculous point. I want the game out just as much as the rest of you, but you don't see me complaining on every forum post related to the release.

Sorry if I offended anyone, you've been offending me for months ;)

~ SummitsEdge

EDIT: This in no way was supposed to act as a rant, banter, or hate post. I'm simply posting relevant information towards the claims other forum users have been making.

Edited by SummitsEdge
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

From the most recent Dev Blog, number seven, it states that they're currently putting the finishing touches on the game (They're finishing the clothes and coffee shop). While I understand that it might be nice to release the game now, but would you rather wait another week or have to play with a glitchy map... give them time. They do update us, just not as frequently as everyone so deeply wants. How often do we get updates from bigger gaming comapnies like Treyarch? not every day... not every week... maybe once a month. Which is way less than what we already have. The developers stream every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday and answer questions, show parts of the game. I just say that we stop complaining once and for all and be patient, because complaining about not getting enough updates isn't gonna change anything. Has it so far? over the past 3+ months people have been complaining? no... it hasn't. So there's no point. I know this one post won't stop the ignorant people that continue to complain they're not receiving enough updates... but come on, this is getting to a very ridiculous point. I want the game out just as much as the rest of you, but you don't see me complaining on every forum post related to the release.

Sorry if I offended anyone, you've been offending me for months ;)

~ SummitsEdge

EDIT: This in no way was supposed to act as a rant, banter, or hate post. I'm simply posting relevant information towards the claims other forum users have been making.

I stand corrected in what it is they are putting the finishing touches on.  I agree another week is not much time for them to wait considering the size of the game and what this module actually contains (basically the framework for everything still to come).  I wouldn't be concerned if it was another month if we're being honest.  It just means the product we get will be even better!

7 minutes ago, EnraBahn said:

I stand corrected in what it is they are putting the finishing touches on.  I agree another week is not much time for them to wait considering the size of the game and what this module actually contains (basically the framework for everything still to come).  I wouldn't be concerned if it was another month if we're being honest.  It just means the product we get will be even better!

Agreed! :D

On 6/23/2017 at 3:59 PM, Whopper said:

The game can either be:

A: Released soon but be complete garbage

B: Take time and hope they get it good and not be another no mans sky

I think its taking time because the community grew fast and they now have assets($$$) that they didn't in the start so they can make it as good as possible. Plus what would make you more angry paying X amount on a pre order for trash or getting what you paid for.

~Hope It Comes Soon~

No man's sky gave previews and such just like this has. only bits and peices and they still screwed everyone. Most youtubers have writen this game off as a scam already.

• Like 2

Games delay all the time, it sucks but what you gonna do. i for sure cant wait to see the first draft.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Trinkuh said:

No man's sky gave previews and such just like this has. only bits and peices and they still screwed everyone. Most youtubers have writen this game off as a scam already.

What youtubers are calling this a scam? If it was a KickStarter scam then they wouldn't have gone this far with it. And Saying that every game that only releases small bits a scam is calling allot of games a scam, like Destiny I saw ads for Destiny years before its release. And I also remind you that No Mans Sky was talked up at every game event until its release but they didn't have a working game when they where talking it up, Identity Isnt being talked up because they might not have a game worth being talked about yet.

INB4 this game ends up looking and playing like enforcer (on steam) (actually wasn't a bad game) lol 

inb4 the town square really small with a couple buildings and everyone sitting there thinking why was this delayed for 6 months how are they going to make an entire map 

inb4 delayed for years 

inb4 stomping land 2.0 ( do you know how many years i watched and waited on the forums on this game oh mah gawd this is why i dont pre order or do kick starter ) 

Inb4 

lol but i do have high hops for this game to succeed.. played island life on arma for 6 years straight  everyday lol good times 

If there a game ya reallly wanna be mad about and can't fucking wait any longer how about "star citizen" man iv'e been waiting for a long time dammit xD

Edited by Joe

7 hours ago, Joe said:

INB4 this game ends up looking and playing like enforcer (on steam) (actually wasn't a bad game) lol 

inb4 the town square really small with a couple buildings and everyone sitting there thinking why was this delayed for 6 months how are they going to make an entire map 

inb4 delayed for years 

inb4 stomping land 2.0 ( do you know how many years i watched and waited on the forums on this game oh mah gawd this is why i dont pre order or do kick starter ) 

Inb4 

lol but i do have high hops for this game to succeed.. played island life on arma for 6 years straight  everyday lol good times 

If there a game ya reallly wanna be mad about and can't fucking wait any longer how about "star citizen" man iv'e been waiting for a long time dammit xD

they keep working on the whole island and the other modules, they arent focusing on just town square thats why its taking so long.
the devs are driving around shooting stuff up while we still wait for the social module. it will be very soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DadOfMad said:

they keep working on the whole island and the other modules, they arent focusing on just town square thats why its taking so long.
the devs are driving around shooting stuff up while we still wait for the social module. it will be very soon.

That guy was saying if someone wants to complain about waiting then they can complain about Star Citizen because that has had bigger delays after delays. Pretty much he is not complaining about Identity and the delays.

• Like 1