Today I will express my true concern, you've got Leslie Benzies over here in an attempt to make what you're creating Devs. Will it be exactly to the T on your design and ideas? Maybe, but I doubt it. What makes me nervous, although still a ways off, is Identity being brushed under the rug by Benzies on part from lack of details being presented and the community growing tired of waiting. I don't want to see this fail because of someone who has a full team, marketing and backing. We are talking about the man who drove rockstar games through its pinnacle after all...

Communication is a commitment.

For the record I'm not promoting Dev hate speech.

Edited by WhtGhstBlckGhst
  • Like 3

We need more updates and devblogs from these developers. fucking six dev blogs in 2 years thats just lazy . i can easy see why people have lost interest and i also see the developers have also lost interest in being active and giving fucking info every now and then. i like how they said all systems are now functional for town square and there polishing things up, however its been fucking delayed for god knows how long and they still haven't  announced a release date or a hint to when its coming out. im starting to give up on identity. i want this game to be good like they said it will be but it just looks like another no mans sky

Edited by GrandPaladin
  • Like 5

@GrandPaladin If you give up on the project of Identity then you are going to miss out on it. I know delays, more delays and more delays happen but at the end of the day delays are inevitable and also about your comment on the devs being lazy because they have only 6 dev blogs, well you seem to be inconsiderate to how hard they are working to make it best / most polished game.

They work hard and if anyone wants this game more than us is the devs themselves. Their passion is to build their dream game, and this game is it for them. They had 6 team members at first and that was 2 Full time devs and 4 contractors who also work on other projects during the week to when it was just them. They now have made that team to 5 Full time devs and 4 contractors while also looking to double their current numbers to have a 20 man Team.

If you look at the negatives then you will give up faster on the project than if you look only at the positives. My advice is forget the delays and wait for the game which you want soo much.

@WhtGhstBlckGhst Just so you know Leslie Benzies will likely have AI roaming the world which takes most of the good things away from his game. You cannot interact with all people roaming because you will likely try speak to a NPC and be fooled yet and not immersed. That game will be more GTA like than what Identity will be and also there is no harm in competition for Identity.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

@GrandPaladin If you give up on the project of Identity then you are going to miss out on it. I know delays, more delays and more delays happen but at the end of the day delays are inevitable and also about your comment on the devs being lazy because they have only 6 dev blogs, well you seem to be inconsiderate to how hard they are working to make it best / most polished game.

They work hard and if anyone wants this game more than us is the devs themselves. Their passion is to build their dream game, and this game is it for them. They had 6 team members at first and that was 2 Full time devs and 4 contractors who also work on other projects during the week to when it was just them. They now have made that team to 5 Full time devs and 4 contractors while also looking to double their current numbers to have a 20 man Team.

If you look at the negatives then you will give up faster on the project than if you look only at the positives. My advice is forget the delays and wait for the game which you want soo much.

@WhtGhstBlckGhst Just so you know Leslie Benzies will likely have AI roaming the world which takes most of the good things away from his game. You cannot interact with all people roaming because you will likely try speak to a NPC and be fooled yet and not immersed. That game will be more GTA like than what Identity will be and also there is no harm in competition for Identity.

Can you give me the source where you found the info about ''AI roaming the world ?'' I think they are using same concept as identity

Patience will be rewarded, grumbling will as well! But of the two, which will have the greater reward?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mezdoo said:

Can you give me the source where you found the info about ''AI roaming the world ?'' I think they are using same concept as identity

Please read the sentence more carefully as you mixed it up and asked a question because of it. Here below is the quoted sentence.

10 hours ago, mezdoo said:

Just so you know Leslie Benzies will likely have AI roaming the world

I said likely and in which is MY opinion. I think Leslie will have AI roaming his world because that is how he had done it for GTA but it doesn't mean he might not have them roaming.  There is no source other than to myself being my opinion and so could be true or not be true.

• Like 2

Thankfully I've boarded the party boat a "tad bit" late so I haven't had to wait 2 years for it to release. I can say I know your pain to an extent though as I've been waiting nearly 3 years for a seemingly simple kick starter project to release but the creators have been silent for over 6 months!

Edited by BananaBaiter
  • Like 2

If you look at the pitch of "Everywhere" it's very clear he wants to make an AR game a la Pokemon go. This is a completely differemt genre from Identity.

Not to mention he hasn't even srarted the game yet, while Identity has been in developmemt for 2 years now. 

• Like 1

I've seen more gameplay from vestige of the past ( a game I've never heard of) than this game. Both made by small teams , 

• Like 1

@JamesLuck01 i understand what ya saying and i fully agree but why cant the developers just give us something,anything.

I Also forgot to mention where the hell is that video of the guns and gunplay . i thought they said like 2 month ago that its coming very soon?

could this subject be STOPPED please its LEADING TO NOTHING , we want the game then wait for it ,btw how long have u been waiting there are people stacked up since Kick starter,so Please STOP 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Asupra said:

could this subject be STOPPED please its LEADING TO NOTHING , we want the game then wait for it ,btw how long have u been waiting there are people stacked up since Kick starter,so Please STOP 

yes people have been waiting a long time, and i don't think anyone here will argue that game development takes long. however what people are actually complaining about for the most part is the delay after delay after delay, with real no dev blogs, why they are delayed this much, progress or anything. we are completely in the dark , patience will only get so far. and honestly, the more people complain and bring the subject up, the higher the chance the devs will finally speak out on the subject.

• Like 1

ASUPRA

dont spam my threads with your obnoxious over sized text, I've seen you do this multiple times now. Knock it off your point has been ignored rather it demands attention or not.

14 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

yes people have been waiting a long time, and i don't think anyone here will argue that game development takes long. however what people are actually complaining about for the most part is the delay after delay after delay, with real no dev blogs, why they are delayed this much, progress or anything. we are completely in the dark , patience will only get so far. and honestly, the more people complain and bring the subject up, the higher the chance the devs will finally speak out on the subject.

I believe that complaining did make the PR better and it has improved, however we and everyone who has waited and asked many times before for more info and that only does so much. Everyone wants more info to go on. The delays are just part of game development and so complain but it is for the better. Info is better asked for than rather complaining about the delays. 

I am on the side of getting more info and seeing the game come to life and that seems to be the side of its own. Who else wants more info and just to see the game through so we can play. If you are on the side I am, you don't complain about delays or lack of info but just would like both info and no delays. The devs are doing a great job on the game, it needs more time and so a delay has happened. They are waiting too but they only can give as much as they get in the time it takes their employees to finish things. I hope everyone understands that Everyone who is not complaining wants the game and more info but they see the real reason why they shouldn't complain as it is that which causes us to get stressed more and more. Wait and time will tell but complaining about delays won't stop delays happening as the delays are there to make sure everything is finished.

Right, DELAYS are beside the point of communication. I've never once complained about delays but I'll forever complain about no communication.

22 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

Right, DELAYS are beside the point of communication. I've never once complained about delays but I'll forever complain about no communication.

i complain about delays only for the fact that there is no communication so i feel completely in the dark , until ( or if i get my refund) i still have $700 tied up in this game, so i mean..... it would be nice to know why they keep pushing back or reassure us .

On 6/8/2017 at 1:03 PM, Frostybeans said:

i complain about delays only for the fact that there is no communication so i feel completely in the dark , until ( or if i get my refund) i still have $700 tied up in this game, so i mean..... it would be nice to know why they keep pushing back or reassure us .

Ok see, don't pay 700 for a kickstarter project unless you really don't care about the money. I hope for your sake your loaded.

15 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Ok see, don't pay 700 for a kickstarter project unless you really don't care about the money. I hope for your sake your loaded.

I didn't support the Kickstarter I only funded it 2 months ago as I was promised a town square module release than. I have been following it for a long time however. And decently well for myself 

32 minutes ago, Frostybeans said:

I didn't support the Kickstarter I only funded it 2 months ago as I was promised a town square module release than. I have been following it for a long time however. And decently well for myself 

The fine print on crowd funding projects basically says "this may never exist" so imo never make big investments into them unless your ok with the money disappearing.

While I don't think Identity is a scam, I do think it's going to be a long, long while. I've been here since the beginning and if there's one thing I learned, never believe any dates that the devs say.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

The fine print on crowd funding projects basically says "this may never exist" so imo never make big investments into them unless your ok with the money disappearing.

While I don't think Identity is a scam, I do think it's going to be a long, long while. I've been here since the beginning and if there's one thing I learned, never believe any dates that the devs say.

well that is why i have been complaining about the miss leading they have when getting this, i did not crowd fund anything, i purchased a game with perks, however everyone says its a donation even though in the in the shop it says BUY NOW not pledge.

7 hours ago, Frostybeans said:

well that is why i have been complaining about the miss leading they have when getting this, i did not crowd fund anything, i purchased a game with perks, however everyone says its a donation even though in the in the shop it says BUY NOW not pledge.

Technically the shop looks more like a crowd funding page than anyone thinks but you did purchase the game and well some advice for next time: Don't go in so blind. I mean this as don't buy a game with so much uncertainty for you because from the delays this is showing you have much interest but that is what you are showing to everyone and it might be your interest is inside you but not leaving you. (If that makes any sense to you).

Game like identity needs a ton of time. It is delayed but I like to see that actually. It gives me the feeling they really care about what our first experience will be. It doesn't tell me they are just lazy. Because you can see they spend a lot of time in this game. You don't want a game that has tons of bugs, looks ugly and where developers only want money. There is nothing to worry about, we will get a GREAT game when it is released, because they took their time. Unlike other developers.

• Like 3