Question

So I have a brief question for those of you whom have already made the purchase of any of the precursor ranks.  I'm curious which one is the best out of all the selections.  Just curious to get a take on what all of you think before I go through with a purchase. Thanks, I cannot wait to see all of you on Identity!

14 answers to this question

It would solely depend on what you want. If you want to buy a spot in the game but not spend too much money, go for the $15. If you want the beta but still not spend too much money, go for the $30. If you want a decent head start, go for the $50 one... Like I said, it's all your choice. But for me? I went for the $30 because I want to see where it goes before I spend more money on it, but that's just me.

• Like 2

Am I the only person who thinks this deep? I am new to PC, since March, and since I jumped to PC Gaming, I've noticed alot of complaining about console games bringing down PC game quality, which is not true, mostly because consoles get their specs tweaked till they squeeze out every bit of performance they can. PC's on the other hand have so many components, and there's more coming out all the time. So it's longer process to optimize for games on so many parts. 

We get most games for $60 on console whether they are good or not, worth it or not. They are also made by Triple-A studios with hundreds or even thousands of employees working on 1 game. PC gamers have the unique opportunity to help these games that can really set PC gaming apart from console gaming. I hear alot of people bragging about how little they spent to get the game and/or modules. If you guys really want to see this game come to life...

Think about the sheer scale they are attempting to make Identity, with a way smaller team than that which created Gta V, and I feel it's WAY more than 2x the game of Gta V. They are relying on the perspective players for support, they are gonna need millions of dollars to make this dream come true...I played on consoles for 30+ years. I bought a HEDT, just so I could play Identity. I dropped 250(money I set aside for some games when I got my rig) I pledged based on what I think its goin to need from people, based on sheer size. If we get lots of people to pledge 100 or higher this game will move alot faster...cause we ALL know money makes the world go round. It sucks but it does.

I've also recently pledged 75 to another game that's in development. It's a much smaller game and doesn't require as much support as I believe Identity will. Unless they bring in outside help, then us gamers will lose alot of our power to help mold it, as whoever keeps the lights on usually gets their opinion heard. 

Right now they can truly make the game WE want them to make, but if they don't get the support they need from us, they will have no choice but to seek outside help and give ip alot of say to a new partner, or call it quits...So I say buy less junk food, or one or 2 less games, or don't buy those snazzy new kicks yet. Save up and help as much as you can to see it become real. Not as lil as possible so you can still get in on early beta and get the game. I think a game of this scale and what it can do for PC gaming and the MMORPG genre, deserves better than bare minimum, and it need more than that from us...but that's just me, and my 25 cents...

• Like 2

I ended up going with the $60 personally, but I appreciate the advice. I think the 30 is definitely a great option as well. I wanted a bit of a leg up due to my affiliation with a pre-launch organization. I'm enthralled by the game so far. Very exciting. 

Warm Regards,

M. Luciano

Edited by Maxwell_Luciano
  • Like 1

I've chosen the $30 "package" to have access to the beta and support the devs a little bit more. Let's hope this game will be as great as we imagine it to be. ;)

Edited by cheech
  • Like 2

Personally I purchased the Up-sized package ($150). A little boost seems quite important to me, but I mostly donated the money to the development of the game. I want to contribute to this project as much as possible. I've been waiting, and a lot of others, have been wanting for a game like this for a VERY long time.  Can't wait for the finalized product (2018 - Roughly Q3 or Q4?).

22 minutes ago, Fanature said:

... Can't wait for the finalized product (2018 - Roughly Q3 or Q4?).

A mod (don't know if I should name him) has said to me "The Module is due in the next couple months and not next year. ". Don't know what is included in the first module though.

Edited by cheech

6 minutes ago, cheech said:

A mod (don't know if I should name him) has said to me "The Module is due in the next couple months and not next year. ". Don't know what is included in the first module though.

I was speaking behalf of the full game release, not the first module. The Town Square phase won't release for probably another couple of months. They mentioned that most of TS is complete but they are currently polishing things out and working on the Art Gallery.  We probably won't expect a product until around July - August. We're mostly likely going to receive a video before then. 

Edited by Fanature
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cheech said:

Don't know what is included in the first module though.

If you want to know more about what is in the module then please have a read on this page here: Module 1: Town Square

I suggest you to buy the 30 dollars pack. It's the best option to start playing soon. I bought the 15 because the 30 is too expensive for me, but it's worth

16 hours ago, Maxwell_Luciano said:

So I have a brief question for those of you whom have already made the purchase of any of the precursor ranks.  I'm curious which one is the best out of all the selections.  Just curious to get a take on what all of you think before I go through with a purchase. Thanks, I cannot wait to see all of you on Identity!

I love the concept of the game, which is why I bought the 30 dollars package so that I could get access to the beta.