Vohnde

The Safehouses- Now Hiring!

1 hour ago, Shimozukachi said:

please. no more advertisement for the cartoon that was made for 2 years old children.

img-2834218-5-mlfw1832-PinkieGonnaHate_C

On 1/17/2016 at 3:24 PM, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

Two problems here:

1. The dollar sign goes BEFORE THE GODDAMN NUMBERS!

2. Your businesses would be registered as a hotel or hostel. That makes 4th amendment laws a little different. in the supreme court cases of United States v Katz and United States v Cormier it was decided that police could enter a hotel room without a warrant if they heard or smelled something that could endanger public safety or gave them probable cause to suspect something illegal was happening inside (such as harboring a fugitive). Also in United States v Domenech it was decided that the expectation of privacy (the cornerstone of 4th amendment law) does not extent to hotel rooms registered under a false name or alias, so unless your "guest" plan to use their ACTUAL names then they are busted. Hell, speaking of warrants, if your facilities are known to be a hiding spot for wanted criminals how hard to you think it would be to talk a judge into issuing a blanket search warrant for the premises? We would be ransacking your places ever damn weekend and arresting anyone who got in our way!

Good luck with your business when you have THAT kind of reputation!

Well I'm late for my 2 cents.

Hey, let me just point out something in all of those cases. It is "United States v [insert name]". I don't believe Identity is set in the USA, a state of it, or part of it's commonwealth(or whatever it's called). This would mean not all US law would apply to it. Also, if we were to assume it's based off of the devs home country, that's Canada, so still no luck. Good citations of the law though. Are you in a Law-related career, or just are over-enthusiastic about pointing out inconsistencies? Because I completely understand that second one.

1 hour ago, Jaxx_On said:

Good citations of the law though. Are you in a Law-related career

Im a police officer.

IF any devs are reading this - can you please clarify what country the game takes place in?

6 hours ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

Im a police officer.

IF any devs are reading this - can you please clarify what country the game takes place in?

I'm not a dev... But I'm Vix :D

10 hours ago, Jaxx_On said:

Well I'm late for my 2 cents.

Hey, let me just point out something in all of those cases. It is "United States v [insert name]". I don't believe Identity is set in the USA, a state of it, or part of it's commonwealth(or whatever it's called). This would mean not all US law would apply to it. Also, if we were to assume it's based off of the devs home country, that's Canada, so still no luck. Good citations of the law though. Are you in a Law-related career, or just are over-enthusiastic about pointing out inconsistencies? Because I completely understand that second one.

This may be true, but it will mirror the USA with a lot of the laws as anyone should expect. 

2 hours ago, Vix said:

That's some sure as stone proof there. Although, focus on the word largely. Not everything will be the same.

5 hours ago, Vix said:

Thank you Vix.

1 hour ago, Shimozukachi said:

does that mean i can get another player as slave? :D

SMH

34 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

because of war between north and south states of usa. was a joke meh

You don't live in the US do you?

45 minutes ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

You don't live in the US do you?

ever heard of history? it's like the cold war between ddr and the brd just earlier and because of another reason... and without the giant fence

On January 19, 2016 at 1:13 PM, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

If the safe houses move around (which im pretty certain you wont be able to do in the game) then how will your "clients" find them? And if your clients cant tell their bastard punk trash waste of skin criminal scumbag friends about your business, and you naturally cant advertise, how are you going to get NEW clients?

Clients who want a safe house come to us, we arrange them a property, they give us the money, we give them the keys, simple.  Anyone making a name for themselves we will approach for a deal; Anyone wanting a place to stay we will approach. Simple clean business.

10 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

does that mean i can get another player as slave? :D

"--and that's frowned upon in most societies."  -Willy Wonka (in the remake)

Edited by Vohnde

10 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

ever heard of history? it's like the cold war between ddr and the brd just earlier and because of another reason... and without the giant fence

Sooooo.... you are NOT from the US?

2 hours ago, Vohnde said:

Clients who want a safe house come to us

How do they "come to you"? And whats stopping the police from coming to you too?

16 hours ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

Sooooo.... you are NOT from the US?

How do they "come to you"? And whats stopping the police from coming to you too?

They have to contact us first and we run a quick check to see if they are true businessmen or not. If not, then we don't talk to them, if so, then we arrange a meeting point for the deal.

This is very clever, but you have a task on your hands getting people to trust you completely.

On 1/17/2016 at 2:24 AM, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

Two problems here:

1. The dollar sign goes BEFORE THE GODDAMN NUMBERS!

2. Your businesses would be registered as a hotel or hostel. That makes 4th amendment laws a little different. in the supreme court cases of United States v Katz and United States v Cormier it was decided that police could enter a hotel room without a warrant if they heard or smelled something that could endanger public safety or gave them probable cause to suspect something illegal was happening inside (such as harboring a fugitive). Also in United States v Domenech it was decided that the expectation of privacy (the cornerstone of 4th amendment law) does not extent to hotel rooms registered under a false name or alias, so unless your "guest" plan to use their ACTUAL names then they are busted. Hell, speaking of warrants, if your facilities are known to be a hiding spot for wanted criminals how hard to you think it would be to talk a judge into issuing a blanket search warrant for the premises? We would be ransacking your places ever damn weekend and arresting anyone who got in our way!

Good luck with your business when you have THAT kind of reputation!

What you don't understand is that his business would be in a grey-area, not legal, nor illegal, and most importantly, nobody would know which buildings are safehouses. That is the entire point of the firm, so people cannot find you. If he knows what he's doing, he definitely won't make it easy for the police of all people to find his safehouses.

On 1/30/2016 at 2:02 PM, Crumby said:

What happens if you get caught? Do the police take the safehouse away from you?

Well, the police don't find out in the first place. However, in the worst case scenario the place is lost and we find another property within the area. In complete worst-case scenario we may insure the client to get them their valuables. And send a cleaner team to find who's responsible.

On 8/21/2016 at 10:21 AM, Crystella said:

I feel like im going to have to use this service a lot. O.o

And we welcome it

On 20/01/2016 at 4:17 PM, Vohnde said:

They have to contact us first and we run a quick check to see if they are true businessmen or not. If not, then we don't talk to them, if so, then we arrange a meeting point for the deal.

A good criminal will have little to no background history because they are under the radar, how will you verify their history or story? 

Also if someone is trying to hide from  the cops, would a transaction of money for services be the last thing on their mind? Plus I would suspect police can track your spending purchases, and if they produce a warrant for someone's arrest that you are harbouring, you are now a target to for arrest and processing.  

The concept is interesting, but this advertisement or post I believe will bury you, considering you have now gone completely public. Good luck. 

Edited by The1TheOnlyGonzo