BigMike

A day in the life: Mike Jackson

6:15 am- Alarm goes off. 

I slowly open my eyes and sit up on my bed. The brittle early morning sun is peeking through my curtains. I stretch out my arms and yawn. I draw the curtains and make my bed swiftly. I hop into the shower and get dressed. Today i am choosing to wear my simple black jeans, Harley Davidson t-shirt and my River Island Leather jacket. 

6:45 am- i jog down the stairs into the kitchen where i grab my favorite cereal out of the cupboard and a carton of milk out of the fridge. Mix them both in a small bowl and enjoy. As that didn't satisfy my hunger i get two slices of bread and made toast with strawberry jam as my spread. 

7:10 am- I brush my teeth and comb my hair one last time. I'd put on my a pair of Chuck Taylor All stars and fetch my car keys. i  would grab my work bag and give the house a quick scan on my way out. I walk toward my manual navy blue Chevrolet Colorado Pick-up and start the engine, put her in reverse and back onto the street. First gear is engaged and off to home depot!

7:25 am- Currently just got onto the freeway going west on I76 at about 70 mph. Home depot is 25 minutes away, ETA 7:50. 

7:52 am- I pull into the employees parking lot at home depot and walk in. I exchange greetings with co-workers and head to the briefing room. My boss and 5 other drivers are already in and chatting. We discuss the deliveries that have to be made today and their exact details. Time, load type, weight, destination...etc.

8:10 am- I do a pre-trip around my truck, No.004, and inspect every element, gauge and trailer condition. {BTW we haul 53 footers]

8.15 am- I start the Cummins X15 670 hp, 2500 nm of torque engine in my Peterbilt , turn on my marker lights plus primary lights and pull out of the yard to pick up my first load, farm produce in the south of the island. Its a 30 minute drive from home depot. 

8:47 am- I arrive on the farm and back into the loading area. I meat tthe owner and have a quick chat before i go and help load the trailer up.

8.59 am- a few minutes later, we've loaded the trailer about 22%, i lock the trailer doors, get into the cab, put the truck in gear and honked goodbye. It will be a 35 minute drive to the next pick up point in the south south west mountain region. 

9:37 am-  I arrive at the the second pick up point which is at a garment factory. There we fill another 37% with clothes to be taken to the east of the island. Now to the last pick up point just around the corner from the garment factory is a brewery where the remaining 41% of the trailer was filled with can of beer. Now to haul a fully loaded 53 foot trailer totaling 45500 lbs. Its now a 2hr 20 min drive to the main city . I join the freeway and set cruise control for 55 mph and enjoy the drive. Thick, grey clouds have started gathering

12:05 pm- I arrive in the main city from the south with some light traffic but heavy rain. The drop-off will be in tight spaces so i have to be extremely cautious. i make a total of 3 stops in the city. I leave the city with an empty trailer and go do a trailer swap with another fellow driver. 

12:35 pm- I pull into a truck stop to buy myself by lunch. Fresh take away for today. With a Sprite and Salt and Vinegar chips to last a while. 

12:52 pm- I leave the truck stop and head to my last drop off before i return to depot for a shift swap. 

01:30 pm- I pull into the truck parking at home depot and back into a space alongside other drivers. I walk into the depot and register my hours on the road and i hand the keys over to another driver. I am now assigned paper work for the rest of the day until 04:45 pm. Its tedious work but i had breaks to chat and socialize with co-workers. 

04:50 pm- I log-off from my work PC, grab my bag and walk out to my pick-up and drive home to some classical music. 

05:12 pm- i pull into my drive way, shut the car off and get inside. I get my shoes off, hand my jacket up and toss my bag onto the couch. I grab a beer and turn the TV on and enjoy my favorite show, Top Gear. 

05:50 pm- I go upstairs and get myself a hot shower. 

06:15 pm- I come downstairs to make myself some dinner. Rice,  vegetables and fried meatballs with Gravy. Sooooo good! As i eat i watch the news and text co-workers/friends. 

07: 30 pm- I clear my plates and wash the dishes. 

08:00 pm- I walk into my bedroom and tuck myself in, ready for another day with DLI! 

@Rick_Anderson , @Motown,@Siren

Edited by BigMike

6 minutes ago, Emiellio11 said:

is this real life or identity :)

Identity....im not old enough to drive a truck...wish i was thou! 

On 5/31/2017 at 6:10 PM, uncannierlink said:

Wait you named your character Mike Jackson? Like Michael Jackson?

No...i dont want to e associated with a great singer who would rather be white than his own skin colour...just no

5 hours ago, BigMike said:

No...i dont want to e associated with a great singer who would rather be white than his own skin colour...just no

Probably change your characters name then. Because it's literally the same name. 

Edited by uncannierlink

On 5/26/2017 at 7:04 PM, BigMike said:

6:15 am- Alarm goes off. 

I slowly open my eyes and sit up on my bed. The brittle early morning sun is peeking through my curtains. I stretch out my arms and yawn. I draw the curtains and make my bed swiftly. I hop into the shower and get dressed. Today i am choosing to wear my simple black jeans, Harley Davidson t-shirt and my River Island Leather jacket. 

6:45 am- i jog down the stairs into the kitchen where i grab my favorite cereal out of the cupboard and a carton of milk out of the fridge. Mix them both in a small bowl and enjoy. As that didn't satisfy my hunger i get two slices of bread and made toast with strawberry jam as my spread. 

7:10 am- I brush my teeth and comb my hair one last time. I'd put on my a pair of Chuck Taylor All stars and fetch my car keys. i  would grab my work bag and give the house a quick scan on my way out. I walk toward my manual navy blue Chevrolet Colorado Pick-up and start the engine, put her in reverse and back onto the street. First gear is engaged and off to home depot!

7:25 am- Currently just got onto the freeway going west on I76 at about 70 mph. Home depot is 25 minutes away, ETA 7:50. 

7:52 am- I pull into the employees parking lot at home depot and walk in. I exchange greetings with co-workers and head to the briefing room. My boss and 5 other drivers are already in and chatting. We discuss the deliveries that have to be made today and their exact details. Time, load type, weight, destination...etc.

8:10 am- I do a pre-trip around my truck, No.004, and inspect every element, gauge and trailer condition. {BTW we haul 53 footers]

8.15 am- I start the Cummins X15 670 hp, 2500 nm of torque engine in my Peterbilt , turn on my marker lights plus primary lights and pull out of the yard to pick up my first load, farm produce in the south of the island. Its a 30 minute drive from home depot. 

8:47 am- I arrive on the farm and back into the loading area. I meat tthe owner and have a quick chat before i go and help load the trailer up.

8.59 am- a few minutes later, we've loaded the trailer about 22%, i lock the trailer doors, get into the cab, put the truck in gear and honked goodbye. It will be a 35 minute drive to the next pick up point in the south south west mountain region. 

9:37 am-  I arrive at the the second pick up point which is at a garment factory. There we fill another 37% with clothes to be taken to the east of the island. Now to the last pick up point just around the corner from the garment factory is a brewery where the remaining 41% of the trailer was filled with can of beer. Now to haul a fully loaded 53 foot trailer totaling 45500 lbs. Its now a 2hr 20 min drive to the main city . I join the freeway and set cruise control for 55 mph and enjoy the drive. Thick, grey clouds have started gathering

12:05 pm- I arrive in the main city from the south with some light traffic but heavy rain. The drop-off will be in tight spaces so i have to be extremely cautious. i make a total of 3 stops in the city. I leave the city with an empty trailer and go do a trailer swap with another fellow driver. 

12:35 pm- I pull into a truck stop to buy myself by lunch. Fresh take away for today. With a Sprite and Salt and Vinegar chips to last a while. 

12:52 pm- I leave the truck stop and head to my last drop off before i return to depot for a shift swap. 

01:30 pm- I pull into the truck parking at home depot and back into a space alongside other drivers. I walk into the depot and register my hours on the road and i hand the keys over to another driver. I am now assigned paper work for the rest of the day until 04:45 pm. Its tedious work but i had breaks to chat and socialize with co-workers. 

04:50 pm- I log-off from my work PC, grab my bag and walk out to my pick-up and drive home to some classical music. 

05:12 pm- i pull into my drive way, shut the car off and get inside. I get my shoes off, hand my jacket up and toss my bag onto the couch. I grab a beer and turn the TV on and enjoy my favorite show, Top Gear. 

05:50 pm- I go upstairs and get myself a hot shower. 

06:15 pm- I come downstairs to make myself some dinner. Rice,  vegetables and fried meatballs with Gravy. Sooooo good! As i eat i watch the news and text co-workers/friends. 

07: 30 pm- I clear my plates and wash the dishes. 

08:00 pm- I walk into my bedroom and tuck myself in, ready for another day with DLI! 

@Rick_Anderson , @Motown,@Siren

Instagram-464938.png

Gamers life routine.

• Like 1