Identity is already looking like it's going to be amazing and I can't wait to see what the first module release will show us. However, something still sits in the back of my mind telling me to not get my hopes up (too late) for what I consider the most important part of this game, the character creation, or to be more spot -on our "identities".

If my greatest hopes come true then Identity will have a dynamic character creator that allows everyone to have the look they desire and an actual realistic diverse population will result from it. I'll be able to build my cool yet grim cyberpunk-ish dude while my girlfriend can have fun getting the super sexy curves and sultry facial features of her babe just right.

If a game this important and anticipated doesn't have a notable character creation system like for example "Black Desert" or something somewhat similarĀ  I'm going to be very very sad. This game is named "Identity'" after all and from the sounds of it so far it's looking like if Second Life, ARMA3, and GTA5 had a threesome and then 9 months later a baby was born but no one could tell who it looked most like, and I'm saying this is a very good thing!

So who else shares my hopes of an amazing character creator? Any ideas? Do we have any current sneak peaks?

• Like 1

I hope we all start out with average muscle mass because if I know anything it's that all the people playing male characters will configure to max height with 100% muscle mass

i'm pretty sure the mentioned something about how detailed itll be on twitter, im sure it was something like what you see in fallout ect with the face morphing ect but cant seem to find the actual tweet as it was probably a week or 2 ago

but even if not, it wont be a game braking thing for me, rp can go a long way to describe your facial features in depth if neededĀ 

2 minutes ago, gorgoroth said:

i'm pretty sure the mentioned something about how detailed itll be on twitter, im sure it was something like what you see in fallout ect with the face morphing ect but cant seem to find the actual tweet as it was probably a week or 2 ago

I hope it'll be as detailed as Fallout. My first few hours on the game will just be on character face detail

2 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

I hope it'll be as detailed as Fallout. My first few hours on the game will just be on character face detail

a part of me will be like that but another part might be rushing through to get to the game and see house prices xDĀ like not apartments but the actual housesĀ 

• Like 2

i think it will be different @Xentinel. you remember gta online? you had to spend 24 hours on legal jobs, unlegal jobs, family, sleep, work etc. i think it will be similar in identity

4 hours ago, Xentinel said:

I hope we all start out with average muscle mass because if I know anything it's that all the people playing male characters will configure to max height with 100% muscle mass

I hope not! I want my lady to be curvy and slightly overweight, not same as everyone else. D:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gorgoroth said:

but even if not, it wont be a game braking thing for me, rp can go a long way to describe your facial features in depth if neededĀ 

Sure, not everyone will consider physical make-up as important a feature as I do but to me RP goes hand in hand with appearance to make a complete character. Identity is aiming at being a life simulator but they can't do much about a character's personality and social presentation, that's up to us as players, but they can give us the tools to make our characters look the way we want so that's what I'm hoping they do.

But of course appearance goes well beyond just building the character you personally want, it also makes you immediately identifiable among the populous. Look at ARMA 3, it's an awesome game and the role play can be fantastic but everyone looks alike. If you point into a crowd of characters in A3 and tell someone to go talk to "Brandi" they are going to have a difficult time figuring out who you mean. However, hopefully with a detailed creation system in Identity you can point into the crowd and say go talk to Ellie, she's that slender girl with the red hair in pigtails and the Geek t-shirt, don't confuse her with her sister Jenny though, Ellie is the one with freckles. Just an example but in some way it illustrates my point.

• Like 1

I really can't wait for a sneak peak of character creation. I hope it will be something at least on Sims level (though I'd hope for Black Desert). I love making characters and even though I always make 1 and play this one character as long as I'm not bored with the game, I usually goof around in character creator every day anyway, just because I love to make new characters and new combinations. ^u^

51 minutes ago, Vix said:

I really can't wait for a sneak peak of character creation. I hope it will be something at least on Sims level (though I'd hope for Black Desert). I love making characters and even though I always make 1 and play this one character as long as I'm not bored with the game, I usually goof around in character creator every day anyway, just because I love to make new characters and new combinations. ^u^

I always love creating new characters, I'll probably create three different characters before I settle for the first one I made...

1 hour ago, Vix said:

Would you typically choose leather over cashmere? I'd take you for a lacey, leather type girl with Doc Martins, and pony tails. LOLĀ 

2 minutes ago, Sicario said:

Would you typically choose leather over cashmere? I'd take you for a lacey, leather type girl with Doc Martins, and pony tails. LOLĀ 

Lace, leather, no ponytails though. xDĀ I either go with loose hair or a bun.

2 minutes ago, Vix said:

Lace, leather, no ponytails though. xDĀ I either go with loose hair or a bun.

Ohhhh and... black makeup specifically around the eyes,Ā piercings in your; nose, ears and tongue, right!?!

4 minutes ago, Sicario said:

Ohhhh and... black makeup specifically around the eyes,Ā piercings in your; nose, ears and tongue, right!?!

No. I do strong eye make-up (I'm a master of sharp cat-eye eyeliner) and purple lipstick, only piercing I have is my ears, 1 hole each, so pretty standard. xDĀ I might add a lip piercing to my character if she'll look badass with it, and she'll probably have a tattoo or few unlike me.

16 minutes ago, xVAULTxDWELLERx said:

Mission accomplished.

FatGothKid.jpg.7b61e517c80c8f0b35f4f1232

Hey that's pretty spot-on actually, thanks for posing man, you're the best!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vix said:

No. I do strong eye make-up (I'm a master of sharp cat-eye eyeliner) and purple lipstick, only piercing I have is my ears, 1 hole each, so pretty standard. xDĀ I might add a lip piercing to my character if she'll look badass with it, and she'll probably have a tattoo or few unlike me.

Tongue piercings do spice up a marriage. GG Vix - whoever you marry is one lucky... player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sicario said:

Tongue piercings do spice up a marriage. GG Vix - whoever you marry is one lucky... player.

Well, until tongue piercings get entangled with "other" piercings, then it's a long awkward trip to the ER.

I personally wont be doing any piercings but I do agree some piercings can be attractive

3 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

I personally wont be doing any piercings but I do agree some piercings can be attractive

Thats true. Pierced ears on a woman is attractive. ANYTHING else and you look like a side show FREAK.