I haven't seen much besides just speculation as to how clothing customization is going to work, but I'd like to give some ideas I think might make clothes highly customizable without being too resource intensive.

You could make it so that each base garment has several cuts/hems with different options for each one (different sleeves, necklines, etc). Individualized option could be available for specific types of garment: how long a dress is, how high the waist is and how long the legs are in a pair of pants/shorts, the width and type of the lapels on a suit. This could allow people to start with the same basic item and still make very distinct versions, even if they're using similar colors and textures.

I feel like this could really cut down on the ratio of work required for artists vs options available to players, as well, but I admittedly don't know enough about the technical side of things to be sure.

how_it_works_03n.jpg

how_it_works_25.jpg

Lapel_Width_Tailor_Made_London.jpg

6a01a73d91933e970d01b7c8d09691970b-800wi

I'm sorry if something like this has already been suggest/discussed, search seems to be a little wonky for me.

---

The other, related, idea I would like to suggest is the ability to color individual parts of clothing separately from the main thing, i.e. coloring just the side panel on a dress, just one sleeve on a shirt, just the pockets on a jacket, and things like that.

I don't know how feasible it would be for the different color/fabric options to include things like sheer fabric or lace pieces, but if possible, I think that could be really neat.

black-high-neck-lace-panel-scuba-skater-

1425629406_leslie-jones-chris-hemsworth-

• Like 1