TheCobra

How does jailtime work?

First of, flawless website! :D I love it! Now im sitting here, wondering how jailtime works? Say you got caught cooking meth, and police takes you to jail. How long will you then be in jail? And is there any interaction in the cells and such? And can you bail people out for money?

• Like 1

Currently, the maximum jail sentence is 45 minutes. That could change! It's a simple value that we can set and modify on the fly, and will do so based on future testing!

First off, there are two areas you may be placed in when arrested.  Jail, for minor crimes lasting no more than 5-10 minutes where you will simply have to sit around in your cell, harassing the neighboring inmates until released, and Prison, for major crimes!

The prison feature is like playing an entirely new game in itself! There is shanking, gangs, territory control, prison breaks, or even just social areas for those who don't want get their hands dirty! Prisoners can request a trial, and if accepted, will be sent to a court house where a jury of players will determine your fate. If acquitted, you will be released on the spot, where you can continue your life on the outside, but if found guilty, you will have to spend the remainder of your time in prison, and can choose to leave at your own will once your sentence expires.

• Like 10

11 minutes ago, Motown said:

Currently, the maximum jail sentence is 45 minutes. That could change! It's a simple value that we can set and modify on the fly, and will do so based on future testing!

First off, there are two areas you may be placed in when arrested.  Jail, for minor crimes lasting no more than 5-10 minutes where you will simply have to sit around in your cell, harassing the neighboring inmates until released, and Prison, for major crimes!

The prison feature is like playing an entirely new game in itself! There is shanking, gangs, territory control, prison breaks, or even just social areas for those who don't want get their hands dirty! Prisoners can request a trial, and if accepted, will be sent to a court house where a jury of players will determine your fate. If acquitted, you will be released on the spot, where you can continue your life on the outside, but if found guilty, you will have to spend the remainder of your time in prison, and can choose to leave at your own will once your sentence expires.

Sounds awesome! How long can a prison sentence max be then? And will it be so that if you change servers, you're still in jail on the new server so you cant get out that way?

The maximum time is 45 minutes, for now! We'd maybe consider increasing it to a couple hours at most, depending on feedback and depending on how fun the prison gameplay is! If you switch between official servers, you will still be in prison, but on private servers that have their own databases, you get a clean slate, unless you were in prison last time you were on that particular private server. We may even count offline time as time served towards sentences.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Motown said:

The maximum time is 45 minutes, for now! We'd maybe consider increasing it to a couple hours at most, depending on feedback and depending on how fun the prison gameplay is! If you switch between official servers, you will still be in prison, but on private servers that have their own databases, you get a clean slate, unless you were in prison last time you were on that particular private server. We may even count offline time as time served towards sentences.

Oh i thought you meant 45 mins for jail, and more for prison :D But sounds cool! Hyped for this game already :D 

4 hours ago, TheCobra said:

First of, flawless website! :D I love it! Now im sitting here, wondering how jailtime works? Say you got caught cooking meth, and police takes you to jail. How long will you then be in jail? And is there any interaction in the cells and such? And can you bail people out for money?

as motown said, prison will have tons of content allowing for tons of fun to be had. no bordom to be had in identity!

• Like 1

I feel as if jail time should be longer than 45mins just because it has to be long enough to stop encouragement of everyone going into crime. Far too many people will want the quick buck and if the jail time is not long enough people will not worry about it as much and are much more likely to commit crime. However if they commit a crime and are in jail for a couple of hours they will be less tempted to try and make quick money. You dont want everyone to go into crime because then it will be just like ArmA 3 Life 

• Like 6

Crime really shouldn't be conspired a bad thing to do on the game.

Crime is just as important as everything else, without it police would be almost useless.

45 minutes max sentence lets, people who choose the life of crime, have plenty of time to enjoy the game.

• Like 2

I feel like having quests or allies to bail you out sooner with a longer jail sentence might be ideal as without a group, you shouldn't try to engage in jail worthy tasks until you've the funds to get out of the ability to turn someone's view somehow. Perhaps information to a cop could help drop a few minutes to a full sentence.

I feel the game should be as close to life like as possible which I know the cops are looking for all evidence and the eradication of injustice. 

With that in mind, might as well make it easy to get out of jail if you have the words or information or cash to- otherwise, you done messed up and people got businesses to buildup. (personal view)^^^^

I know police won't be useless as I'm going to be crafting drugs if I can. I want to be a drug Lord (supporter) that owns a cigarette company. And as for business, well, our officials will be my target to get money haha. Hostage them, have a ally go get the brief case of money and when he has it, I'll drive the can from around the corner with the hostage in the back, then I'm happy n they're happy. 

Don't get me wrong, I want there to be bad, available, but overpowered by good. It should be challenging to be a criminal- which makes the game that much more interesting, suspensful, and worthy of playing.

Find the right people and you got yourself set up, if I come into competition to another drug Lord of my type of drug- rat their location to the cops hahahahaha xD be manipulative and ccontrolling to be I'm top

The best gangster is a cop without any badge.

Jail time should be longer than 45mins, in all seriousness, i believe it should last upto 24hrs (depending on crime)

There should also be a reputation aspect like they have in "Life is Feudal" if you kill someone or steal ... then you get noticed more .. to a point where cops can track you (e.g when you're in public and close to an officer, not in a building)...

The reason i say Jail time should be 24hrs, for one there should be a game aspect in this, trying to break out... meeting other "criminals" ...

This also prevents spawn revenge and allows the "criminal" to "learn from their mistakes" .. or become smarter at avoiding being captured again.

I look forward to see how this game works against others out there that i run (a lot of people are sick of games where they grind and loose everything to raiders)

Edited by DrunkMunki
spelling mistake
  • Like 3

The max jail time should increase but only by a small amount like 1-3 hours, that way having a trail has stronger impact on wanting to win and not loose. I also think if a officer pulls over a person who has been to prion or jail they should be able to see the the total amount time they have spent.

So this of course is entirely my opinion, and like all opinions, is subject to change. This is what I think it should be like in the prison. First off, I entirely agree with most people here, 45 minutes is WAY to short. As Undead said, you don't want to encourage people to enter crime, and, if you're going to have a whole acquit court system, that could take enough time in itself, so you want to have a sentence long enough that people are actually able and want to be acquitted.

For me, the Maximum time a player should be in jail is 3 Hours, with no offline time included. Let me tell you why. 3 In-Game no offline hours is a LONG time, and it also is enough time to encourage people not to get into crime, as well as is a long enough time to inspire people to be acquitted. I also believe that, in order to not spam the system, and implying the maximum time is 3 hours, then the time you need to have in your sentence must be over 1 and a half hours in order to a request an acquittal.

Now we've also come to a bit of an obstacle, you've mentioned Jail Breaks, now although we don't want to inspire criminals to try to break out of jail, we do want to give them enough time to maybe try, and this should obviously be very difficult, and doing so can add some serious time to your sentence, I was thinking 1-2 more hours, thus making getting caught a real punishment, which warns prisoners not to try it. But anyways, if Jail Breaks want to actually be a thing, you might want to add 2 Hours to the maximum time, making 4-5.

Now for Jail Time, the 5-10 minutes cell separate from Prison, should be at max 15 minutes, maybe 20, reason being is all you're doing in a regular jail cell is waiting around and possibly talk to people, that's it, so unless they make some activities in a jail cell, it should be at max 15-20 minutes. And the crimes that put you in the jail cell should be incredibly minor, like speeding for example.

One last thing. The form of punishment in prison. Ex: Killing/Attacking a Prisoner, Killing/Attacking a Guard, Contraband, building an escape tunnel (If possible as well as could be tied to Jail Breaks) and we've already discussed Jail Breaks as a whole. Now obviously each crime is different, some more serious than than the other. Please note that killing is more serious than just plain attacking, thus getting more punishment time. The most serious crime would be Killing a Guard, least serious being Contraband. Now punishment for these could go many different ways, you could have time added onto your sentence, which would be spent just staying in regular prison as normal. Another (personally my favorite) would be adding time onto your sentence, except the time that was added would be spent in a Solitude System (which I hope the game will have) and after that time is spent, the rest of your sentence would be spent as normal. Now for Contraband you could have it go 2 ways: 1. No matter the contraband, you get X amount of time added to sentence. Or 2. Different types of contraband give different X amounts of time. Weapons being #1 and Drugs being #2 for example. It all would be a very nice system to have.

Thanks for reading and I hope you take my ideas into consideration, please remember this is all my opinion and some people may have a better idea than mine, so make sure you read everything! Thanks!

Edited by 157C
Added a paragraph about Jail Time.
  • Like 2

Will you be able to smuggle items into the prison with you e.g a cell phone so you can control your criminal empire whilst in jail and serving hard time. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Undead said:

I feel as if jail time should be longer than 45mins just because it has to be long enough to stop encouragement of everyone going into crime. Far too many people will want the quick buck and if the jail time is not long enough people will not worry about it as much and are much more likely to commit crime. However if they commit a crime and are in jail for a couple of hours they will be less tempted to try and make quick money. You dont want everyone to go into crime because then it will be just like ArmA 3 Life 

It's a video game, 45 minutes is long enough. People play to have fun and being a criminal is hella fun compared to regular civilian life. Shouldn't punish people for enjoying a game to it's full potential.

12 hours ago, Fabulous said:

45 minutes seems okay to me.But if the police kills you, what will happen then?

Your crime should be pardoned unless Paratus has another idea.

On 02/01/2016 at 1:31 PM, Atmosphere said:

It's a video game, 45 minutes is long enough. People play to have fun and being a criminal is hella fun compared to regular civilian life. Shouldn't punish people for enjoying a game to it's full potential.

Yes it should be fun, but some people want to play as civilians but if everyone is a criminal then it will ruin it for them because they will constantly get robbed or shot. Anyway there is other stuff to do in jail so it wont just be sitting still.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Undead said:

Yes it should be fun, but some people want to play as civilians but if everyone is a criminal then it will ruin it for them because they will constantly get robbed or shot. Anyway there is other stuff to do in jail so it wont just be sitting still.

believe me, it won't be constant. Remember, there's cops.

2 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

believe me, it won't be constant. Remember, there's cops.

37 minutes ago, Undead said:

Not to mention waiting 45 minutes could be really really boring in prison.

1 hour ago, Undead said:

Anyway there is other stuff to do in jail so it wont just be sitting still.

MoTown said there isn't in jail, all you can do is pretty much sit in your jail cell talking to others. However, prison does have a lot of activities.

maybe jail time can be max 45 but prison 5-6 hours so you get to be in prison and play it out the gang wars and stuff it sounds like that a lot can happen in prison  so let it take time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosco said:

maybe jail time can be max 45 but prison 5-6 hours so you get to be in prison and play it out the gang wars and stuff it sounds like that a lot can happen in prison  so let it take time.

Well as stated above by Motown, things very short-lived (5-10 minutes) are spent in a jail cell, where you sit around and do nothing, which is fair and fine, anymore than that it would be boring. But for prison, that's the hours long stuff, if you read my big post you'll see where my opinion stands on this, but I think Jail Time (not prison time) should be max 15 minutes, you don't want people getting TOO bored. But the crimes to get into the regular jail have to be very minor (speeding for example).

14 hours ago, 157C said:

Well as stated above by Motown, things very short-lived (5-10 minutes) are spent in a jail cell, where you sit around and do nothing, which is fair and fine, anymore than that it would be boring. But for prison, that's the hours long stuff, if you read my big post you'll see where my opinion stands on this, but I think Jail Time (not prison time) should be max 15 minutes, you don't want people getting TOO bored. But the crimes to get into the regular jail have to be very minor (speeding for example).

that is true