TheCobra

How does jailtime work?

If jail/prison becomes really fun, wouldn't that encourage people to commit crimes just to go to prison?

On 1/3/2016 at 3:46 PM, 157C said:

Well as stated above by Motown, things very short-lived (5-10 minutes) are spent in a jail cell, where you sit around and do nothing, which is fair and fine, anymore than that it would be boring. But for prison, that's the hours long stuff, if you read my big post you'll see where my opinion stands on this, but I think Jail Time (not prison time) should be max 15 minutes, you don't want people getting TOO bored. But the crimes to get into the regular jail have to be very minor (speeding for example).

I shoot one person and only spend 15 minutes in jail? At least five more minutes. I can put my character to rest and come back ready to leave. 20 min? Cause then I'd end up spending 5 min in jail waiting on the count down cause I just waited 15 and gosh that was boring tryna find somethings else to do. Ha

1 hour ago, facade said:

If jail/prison becomes really fun, wouldn't that encourage people to commit crimes just to go to prison?

It's still confinement with other not-so-good players. From murderers to drug dealers and anything in between. But I think there's gonna be jail and prison- so two different types of unjust variations meaning like a small unpaid* speeding ticket vs. Battery or assault.

I think it more so depends on the environment. I like to be happy so I enjoy freedom and such, where as the prison looks like a leaky, bars ahoy confinement institute of hell. Not my personal idea of a enjoyable setting.

"Why you in here?" "i was moving dead bodies."

"I pulled a bank robbery and killed seven cops" 

"I had a kilo of each drug"

Then there's the guy in the corner with the creepy voice

"I'm a pyscopathic homicidal hand cannon"(fill in the blank with imagination, as im not that creative)

Edited by NutterButter
  • Like 1

When I am in jail, I am gonna be that one guy that everyone is either scared of like pyscopathic dude with a creepy deep as voice. 

Or I am gonna be that one old guy in every jail that knows everything and be like

" I remember in 1500 century that is when this jail was builded! I have smuggeled cigars and whiskey bottles in her! If ya need something call me out! "

Yeah ... those guys.

If I land in jail my influence will turn it into a mansion for me where I can run my crime family from the inside.

3 hours ago, Pertinax said:

May be the developers would consider this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0zTL7fcyudHse5CgvnFuCo2NzcGerMv24osZCR9reA/pubhtml

Is a Crime Sheet made by gamers in a Role Play Enviroment, that promotes Gameplay inside the Prisons where all the prisoners can hangout and live the real life of a prisoner.

There definitely won't be life sentences and I don't think executions are likely. Guess you can consider a permanent ban just that. 

If time is 45 minutes max:

• Jailbreaks would almost never be possible with such a short amount of time. It often takes 30+ minutes just to prepare a strategy, gear up, and gather the appropriate intel assuming there are no delays and you're not rushing into things (this is from experience on ArmA 3 Life).

This gives us very little time to enjoy the full prison experience, some people want to take it all in not blow through it all and chow down faster than a speeding bullet.. Enjoy your experience.

If time is above 45 minutes (3 hour max jail sentence):

• This makes not getting caught much more thrilling in my opinion, sure a lot of people are like "but then if I do a crime I have to sit in jail and do nothing for hours!" but you do realize that's only if you get caught? Also I imagine you have to do a hell of a lot of crimes to receive a maximum jail sentence.

I, personally someone who's more interested in hardcore role-play rather than an arcady GTA experience would prefer a longer jail sentence just for the sake of role-play. I want to be part of the whole role-playing experience, I don't want to run around the streets and just commit constant crime after crime not carring about that 45 minute maximum jail sentence. If you're a real criminal and know what you're doing, you shouldn't get caught.

Honestly..

I imagine the official servers want something for everyone so I imagine there will be versions of official servers that are more arcady while there are versions that are much more hardcore with longer jail sentences and such; Regardless of that, I imagine there will be plenty more private servers and something for everyone. It won't all be the same, so if you want that chance at a longer jail sentence then trust me there will be servers out there for you just with that in mind focusing on the hardcore aspects of role-play.

•  
Edited by Hill
  • Like 6

On 01/01/2016 at 11:20 PM, Motown said:

The maximum time is 45 minutes, for now! We'd maybe consider increasing it to a couple hours at most, depending on feedback and depending on how fun the prison gameplay is! If you switch between official servers, you will still be in prison, but on private servers that have their own databases, you get a clean slate, unless you were in prison last time you were on that particular private server. We may even count offline time as time served towards sentences.

I think you should make it a few hours it would be more realistic

I think the best option would be to count jail time decreasing even when the person logs out.  I've never liked the idea of forcing someone into the confines of a jail.  It's a different type of roleplay atmosphere.  Though, the jail could be a great new world for some. 

3 hours ago, Sedition said:

I think the best option would be to count jail time decreasing even when the person logs out.  I've never liked the idea of forcing someone into the confines of a jail.  It's a different type of roleplay atmosphere.  Though, the jail could be a great new world for some. 

I think the jail Times should be split and organized based upon type of cime.

Stealing food (for and as a example) would be 20 minutes jail time on/offline whereas murder would require (as and only as a example, not factual evidence or a quote) 20 minutes online and a overall in jail time of 40 minutes.

I'd prefer a longer jail sentence but that's just me, and my personal opinion on a format for the jails/prisons in general .

I think murder jail time should be spent online and no offline time. 

If it's 45min offline that's not going to stop anyone just kos all the time. They will just log off go watch some TV and then there out of jail.

I haven't read many other comments so forgive me for repeating what someone says. I think 45 minutes is way too short and here are my reasons.

1.Prison sims are fun

2. 45mins is not enough time to form gangs and territories and make the prison experience worthwhile

3. 45mins isn't enough time to get together a prison break plan

4. friends won't be motivated to break you out if they can just wait.

5. It's not enough time to be institutionalized

Also I think being able to have your friends secretly mail in weapons and phones inside cakes would be cool

• Like 4

On 1/1/2016 at 8:31 AM, Atmosphere said:

It's a video game, 45 minutes is long enough. People play to have fun and being a criminal is hella fun compared to regular civilian life. Shouldn't punish people for enjoying a game to it's full potential.

Its a game, and the game would be more enjoyable if you have to weight the benefits vs the consequences. You shouldn't look at it as punishment, but as incentive. I also think their should be a criminal record so that employers will be able to tell that you've been to prison and committed various crimes. There could be a phone app to check. Maybe people would have to pay to run background checks on a citizen. That can also help criminal employers find petty thugs to hire for grunt work. 

• Like 1

On 01.01.2016 at 3:17 AM, Undead said:

I feel as if jail time should be longer than 45mins just because it has to be long enough to stop encouragement of everyone going into crime. Far too many people will want the quick buck and if the jail time is not long enough people will not worry about it as much and are much more likely to commit crime. However if they commit a crime and are in jail for a couple of hours they will be less tempted to try and make quick money. You dont want everyone to go into crime because then it will be just like ArmA 3 Life 

On 03/08/2016 at 7:36 PM, Chase said:

Its a game, and the game would be more enjoyable if you have to weight the benefits vs the consequences. You shouldn't look at it as punishment, but as incentive. I also think their should be a criminal record so that employers will be able to tell that you've been to prison and committed various crimes. There could be a phone app to check. Maybe people would have to pay to run background checks on a citizen. That can also help criminal employers find petty thugs to hire for grunt work. 

Well I agree and I would like it to be a few hours of jail time depending on what crime it is but also having longer times increases the joyment of trying to escape police chases a such.

• Like 1

I like the idea of 45 minutes, but I think the time should increase for repeating offenders, gotta learn their lesson someway..

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Venedict said:

I like the idea of 45 minutes, but I think the time should increase for repeating offenders, gotta learn their lesson someway..

I personally feel it should depend.

Like all crimes, from a ticket or fine to 10minutes(which increases and can include fines to pay off) for a under 1000$ petty theft to 10,000 dollar fine and 6 hour jail time for something such as homicide or police assault, something the court's would decide upon and dictate..

Which means we need a very caring judge who thinks of both worlds.

Which would incorporate the need for characters to have something similar to a social security number, that police and courts can view.

That can range from how many accounts have been made via the player, to how long in game they have played and further into the comments and actions made during a arrest as well as what the crime was (obviously)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

I personally feel it should depend.

Like all crimes, from a ticket or fine to 10 minutes (which increases and can include fines to pay off) for a under 1000$ petty theft to 10,000 dollar fine and 6 hour jail time for something such as homicide or police assault, something the court's would decide upon and dictate..

Which means we need a very caring judge who thinks of both worlds.

Which would incorporate the need for characters to have something similar to a social security number, that police and courts can view.

That can range from how many accounts have been made via the player, to how long in game they have played and further into the comments and actions made during a arrest as well as what the crime was (obviously)

Exactly, minor crimes, minor times - major crimes, major time... I think they will have the system solved when they release the game, only time will tell my dude.

32 minutes ago, Venedict said:

Exactly, minor crimes, minor times - major crimes, major time... I think they will have the system solved when they release the game, only time will tell my dude.

are we gonna get rings and go to a church? ;)

#identitymarriage/samelove

On 31/12/2015 at 11:20 PM, Motown said:

Wee may even count offline time as time served towards sentences.

Counting offline will be a bad idea ad ppl will just commit crimes at night if it is a couple hours(btw u would rather it be a couple hours) and spend no time in prison.

17 hours ago, NimdaSlo said:

I would like to see some kind of court system to decide guilt and time served  

The court system does sort of work that way. Only, in Identity you go to jail first and then request a jury trial to either be found guilty and serve out the remainder of your sentence, or be set free. Players around the map are notified that they are being summoned for jury duty and must rush to the court house to sign in for duty. They'll receive compensation for their time, or possibly become wanted for skipping out. And the accused can even choose to represent themselves or have an attorney speak for them (in case they aren't very social or don't have a microphone).

Counting offline will be a bad idea ad ppl will just commit crimes at night if it is a couple hours(btw u would rather it be a couple hours) and spend no time in prison.

We certainly agree. If our maximum jail time remains at 45 minutes, it wouldn't make much sense to allow time to pass while the player is offline, but if for some reason we decide a player can spend several hours in prison, it might make sense to let them spend that time how they wish. It is a game after all! Also keep in mind that the player doesn't have to leave prison when their time has expired. They can stay and hang out if they want too!

• Like 3

@157C 

Mate are u mental speeding= 20 minutes in jail

that should never happen 5 hours in jail bruh your strict like calm down.