Will the car building and tuning be completely unguided like in My Summer Car or will it be easier, more guided car mechanics and tuning, with a dyno and what not, like in Car Mechanic Simulator? What do you guys thing it should be?

• Like 1

I don't think it should be too involved as it would scare most people away from attempting it. Car mechanic simulator is pretty good in relation with everything. Personally I'd love the harder choice but the easier, yet still intermediate, choice would be most fitting.

1 hour ago, Whitefeather said:

I don't think it should be too involved as it would scare most people away from attempting it. Car mechanic simulator is pretty good in relation with everything. Personally I'd love the harder choice but the easier, yet still intermediate, choice would be most fitting.

Same here, but I want a challenge, not just a bunch of ricers rolling around. I don't want it to be a downhill battle. The intermediate approach would be perfect, Maybe a less guided CMS-15 building system and a more CSR2 type of tuning? Or is that too guiding?

• Like 1

Yeah being a mechanic should be a challenge. Honestly I don't think there should be much guidance at all. I believe the more you do something the better you get at it in-game. So maybe starting out you have have a bunch of guidance and as you progress you get less hints. Who knows, we sure don't aha. I think car mechanic simulator difficulty should be the baseline and maybe have different degrees of difficulty somehow included.

• Like 1

I've read somewhere that it will not be really realistic but it will be something like Los Santos Customs in GTA V

What you read must be true. I've seen a video where it seemed that there was a selection for the bumpers and such. If it's not very realistic at all, I will be very sad and let down.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 8:02 PM, GoldenPancake said:

I've read somewhere that it will not be really realistic but it will be something like Los Santos Customs in GTA V

That would be very disappointing. I would hate to see it be that way but you never really know.

Maybe it's like they have all those different options like GTA V, like @GoldenPancake said, but perhaps once you choose and pay the item is delivered to you and you have to install it yourself. 

That's the way I'd like to see it anyway.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Capped said:

Maybe it's like they have all those different options like GTA V, like @GoldenPancake said, but perhaps once you choose and pay the item is delivered to you and you have to install it yourself. 

I was hoping players could run a garage as a career.. So instead of players installing the part they have to take their car to someone in games hsop and pay them to have it worked on.. I hope they work on it and imrove it over time and dont just copy GTA's mod shop style basic setup.. :/

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Capped said:

this is the way id like to see it done, with the my summer car approach where you have to connect the bolts and nuts with the right tool. it would make the car side of this game everything ive dreamed of.

• Like 1

Yeah exactly how I feel @ItsJedi. If you can only slap on parts instantly, it will be a huge let down. Cars are going to be a big deal in this game, so the mechanic job should be in depth instead of instantly fixing/installing parts. If it's like my summer car or car mechanic simulator, then players can have different prices and such. It really needs to be a pretty detailed job, or it's just a huge let down overall.

• Like 4

On 5/11/2017 at 6:43 PM, Whitefeather said:

Yeah exactly how I feel @ItsJedi. If you can only slap on parts instantly, it will be a huge let down. Cars are going to be a big deal in this game, so the mechanic job should be in depth instead of instantly fixing/installing parts. If it's like my summer car or car mechanic simulator, then players can have different prices and such. It really needs to be a pretty detailed job, or it's just a huge let down overall.

I think it should be harder than just a drop down selection but if they went into full detail like the other simulators than other players would want there careers to be as detailed. I'm not sure how many careers there are but if they made every career a simulator than this game would take 10+ years to create with an 11 man team.

I like the idea of a system like Car Mechanic Simulator something that does take a bit of knowledge to do properly, just like they said art i.e paintings will be done inside game and take some skill surely other trades well art isn't really a trade in the same sense but should also take some skill and knowledge otherwise it becomes any other job you might as well stack shelves.

I like the idea of having the car tuning similar to Car Mechanic Simulator, and if people don't want to go through all the work they could simply send it to a mechanic to get the car tuned there, for an extra fee ofcourse.

Edited by terrarian91

On 11/05/2017 at 3:51 PM, Capped said:

I would personally love it if it ended up that way, and as I said before if people don't wanna build / tune the car up themselves they could send it to a mechanic to have it tuned there for an extra fee.

• Like 1